Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
Many know of corn in the fridge but few actually know who or what he is. Some say he is a galactic traveller on a mission of peace who got somehow lost along the way. Others believe corn in the fridge is not actually a man, but a title, a mysterious office of unimaginable import and responsibility handed down through the ages. What we do know is that corn in the fridge has left a deeply profound and powerful impact on all our lives.

Here is the only known photo of corn in the fridge:

Use this thread as a discussion for all things corn in the fridge. Where did you first meet corn in the fridge, how has he changed your perceptions of the Universe. We will share our stories and experiences in celebration of corn in the fridge and to further our knowledge and understanding of this life and the next.

Book of the month: The Third Policeman by Flann O'Brien

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
So, what? Bear minimum of effort?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

CommieGIR posted:

So, what? Bear minimum of effort?

The bear essentials.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
Remember that time May had 31 days.

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde
It's not even June in NZ (the furthest ahead timezone) for another half an hour yet

2/10, would not bang

E:

literally a fish posted:

Every time you post I am more and more convinced that you cannot possibly be real

literally a fish fucked around with this message at 13:33 on May 31, 2016

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Yeah okay this works.

So, those last couple days of may chat thread were really something, huh?

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

TheFonz posted:

Remember that time May had 31 days.

My watch does. damnit.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

KozmoNaut posted:

The bear essentials.

Are those like bear necessities?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

El Jebus posted:

Are those like bear necessities?

That's what I meant, actually :downs:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 minutes!

meatpimp posted:

That involved no thought or effort.

My vote is to keep this thread open until July.

Welcome to June everyone!

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Greetings from the world of tomorrow.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I see the OP is metrosexual. That explains a lot.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
So many Overwatch people! Add ridleyscott#1423 if you wanna keep me from finishing any car projects :buddy:

leica posted:

I see the OP is metrosexual. That explains a lot.

...If that's even him/her/it.

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

The future for this country is roads, freeways and highways

To the dangerzone
who is corn and why are they in the fridge?
also your av is inaccurate quorn isnt vegan.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Korn was a terrible band. They deserve to be put in the fridge.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

scuz posted:

So many Overwatch people! Add ridleyscott#1423 if you wanna keep me from finishing any car projects :buddy:
Join the Broverwatch Discord if you want to spend all your free time playing shootmans with chill goons. Look in the meimeis and chill thread.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Big Daddy Keynes posted:

who is corn and why are they in the fridge?
also your av is inaccurate quorn isnt vegan.

It's a good av

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
corn in the fridge introduced me to the term Bodhisattva, and for this I am eternally grateful.

2016 corn in the fridge water under the bridge

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
the beastie boys told me all about it

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
What part of the fridge do you guys usually keep your corn?

I keep it on the door for fast access.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

1500quidporsche posted:

I need to know this so I can follow the leader else I will be a freak on a leash.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

CommieGIR posted:

Korn was a terrible band. They deserve to be put in the fridge.

Better than Limp Biscuit (with sugar).

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

Adiabatic posted:

corn in the fridge introduced me to the term Bodhisattva, and for this I am eternally grateful.

2016 corn in the fridge water under the bridge

He'll be there to shine in your Japan, to sparkle in your China.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

Magnus Praeda posted:

:golfclap:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

scuz posted:

the beastie boys told me all about it

Yup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnENZnHOp_E

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

1500quidporsche posted:

I keep it on the door for fast access.

I keep it in a special port for quick access.

A corn-hole, if you will.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Magnus Praeda posted:

Very nice and hell, topical too. I was just in japan

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Corn in the fridge isn't as good as corn on the barbecue.

Also, new thread, time to plug the Sheep Game again. Come out and play today!

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Con : OP didnt include garage of Falcons to be worked on and taking the piss out of AI typical topics

Pro : OP managed to be better than one line sniping. Was mildy amusing.

Now back to our schedled AI chat programming

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Is this where we post corn?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

What great fun today's been. Did a bunch of garden/DIY stuff, then found out my 6 yr old son has been stealing throat sweets from the medicine cabinet. This is after losing all treat possibilities for the next three weeks because he's been sneaking downstairs early in the morning to steal his sister's treats and my wife's chocolate and biscuits (I don't keep anything specifically for me since finding out I'm lactarded). One call to the non-emergency line later and we're reassured he couldn't possibly do any harm on the amount he ate.

loving great. Now I have to lock up anything sweet because he's repeatedly helped himself strictly against orders and I need to make the medicine cabinet (only accessible to him by climbing on a worktop) lockable too.

Kids eh.

Plus side I've got this whole week off to paint bits of the house and I'm going to go see my brother and get another ride in his spitfire. I'll get pictures, it's gloriously give-no-hosed tatty.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I used to do the same sorta poo poo. Sweets are big time for some kids. I became so adept at getting sweets I was able to remove the lid off those old plastic 1.5kg bottles of Cadbury's Roses without actually breaking the seal. Also all my easter eggs were cleverly repackaged to look like they still had the eggs inside them. I was a sneaky little fucker.

I can buy sweets whenever I want now, being a grown up ain't bad sometimes.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

keykey posted:

Is this where we post corn?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Cakefool posted:

What great fun today's been. Did a bunch of garden/DIY stuff, then found out my 6 yr old son has been stealing throat sweets from the medicine cabinet. This is after losing all treat possibilities for the next three weeks because he's been sneaking downstairs early in the morning to steal his sister's treats and my wife's chocolate and biscuits (I don't keep anything specifically for me since finding out I'm lactarded). One call to the non-emergency line later and we're reassured he couldn't possibly do any harm on the amount he ate.

loving great. Now I have to lock up anything sweet because he's repeatedly helped himself strictly against orders and I need to make the medicine cabinet (only accessible to him by climbing on a worktop) lockable too.

Kids eh.

I totally did this as a kid. Ate all the Halls cough drops in the house.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

:golfclap: Way more effort than OP deserves.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I'm sure I sneaked a biscuit here and there when I was younger but he's had everything that stayed still.

Anyway, going to do my first oil change on the panda tomorrow, all 2.8l of it, wish me luck :v:

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
Spent the weekend at the Nurburgring 24h. Got very drunk and very wet. This was the restart after a 3 hour pause because it snowed/hailed out on the far side of the track and a bunch of cars either aquaplaned off or got stuck trying to climb icy hills on slicks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTW4NnCUFMY
(Note: This is the first of 3 safety cars that they use here)

I love this stupid race. :toot:

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

{$movie} is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I can't get over how seriously this company takes itself when what they're selling is $2000 power wheels.

http://www.henesemporium.com/

• Locked thread