Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
i like the path but i have an aaron paul boner so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
marco polo was kind of entertaining but also very bad

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Is Joe Dirt on Netflix, because Joe Dirt was a good movie

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
i hear daredevil is really good

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
i wish asiz ansari would stop

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

client posted:

bloodline is most brutally boring show i have ever seen. it's legit impressive.

My parents repeatedly try to get me to watch that show and go on about how great it is. I agree with you, it's just so boring and pointless. They did also recommend Rectify though, and that is very good, so they aren't complete tv failures...

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

The fact that they make Adam Sandler movies negates any good things about Netflix

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Nostratic posted:

The fact that they make Adam Sandler movies negates any good things about Netflix

one of these days now he will create the next billy madison just you wait and see buster

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
oh wait the path was hulu

and so was 11.22.63

hulu has good original programming

sry netflx

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

JakeP posted:

one of these days now he will create the next billy madison just you wait and see buster

That was The Waterboy :mad:

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

DOMDOM posted:

oh wait the path was hulu

and so was 11.22.63

hulu has good original programming

sry netflx

Is this like an xbox / playstation thing? Do I have to choose sides to be cool? :ohdear:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

OctoberBlues posted:

Is this like an xbox / playstation thing? Do I have to choose sides to be cool? :ohdear:

Netflix has the wrong kind of ram

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
hulu got a stephen king story and hotted it up with james franco

rip netflix

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist
The Ranch is funny.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Apoplexy posted:

Jessica Jones

This was really good until episode 7. From then on it's like a totally different show that is crazy terrible. I don't even understand how it took such a nosedive unless they fired everybody and then hired some 9th grade AV club to take over without showing them the first seven to catch them up.

Daredevil season 1 was pretty good though.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Iron Crowned posted:

That was The Waterboy :mad:

Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore were both good, and while I didn't like The Waterboy, enough people do that I will consider it good. Ever since then he has had a questionable track record BUT Netflix is going to eventually squeeze one more cinematic masterpiece out of Adam Sandler, just you wait

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
The content is decent, getting better. Give them time. I have high hopes for the new Matt Groening show.

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

scott zoloft posted:

bojock horseman sucks poo poo

This is true and Will Arnett is somehow a bigger comedy cancer than Martin Short.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
Pff, I know right? Entertainment. Ha. TV shows. More like peepee shows.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

OctoberBlues posted:

No, just get both (and Prime) and go hog wild.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

H.H posted:

ps game of thrones is lord of the rings for autists (as succinctly put by some goon in a past thread) and everybody who watches it should be legit ashamed

hahahahaha

scott zoloft posted:

bojock horseman sucks poo poo

animated tv shows intended for older audiences are always really bad because for some reason they tend to focus on drama in a show about a talking horse person and his whacky life which just makes it really cringey to watch and not in a "oh man I feel for these people!!!" way like the office but in a "kill myself out of shame" way like anime (non-DBZ)

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Iron Crowned posted:

you suck shiut

nuh uh.

tenspott posted:

This is true and Will Arnett is somehow a bigger comedy cancer than Martin Short.

nuh uh. I like Will Arnett but they need to stop casting him as Gob from Arrested Development.

I chuckled the first time the horse started jacking off to his reruns but all in all it seems vapid and lovely with little redeeming qualities.

my turn in the barrel
Dec 31, 2007

I stumbled across F is for Family with absolutely no expectations and it was really good. It has a cold open and starts slow but after 5 minutes I was hooked.

my turn in the barrel fucked around with this message at 16:07 on May 31, 2016

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i also really enjoyed f is for family and am psyched a season 2 is coming, while its set earlier than my childhood the family is basically my family

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

drunkb posted:

The Ranch is funny.

I tried watching this show, but the acting was just too stiff and the timing is off. It's like watching a really expensive table-read.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

if you think about it that's really all any television is

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
I enjoyed the new Mr. Show.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Celluloid Sam posted:

if you think about it that's really all any television is

whoa

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Celluloid Sam posted:

i also really enjoyed f is for family and am psyched a season 2 is coming, while its set earlier than my childhood the family is basically my family

Bob James posted:

I enjoyed the new Mr. Show.

these are both great and funny

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
narcos freakin owned

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Narcos, daredevil season 1 and 2, Bob & David, and recently Lady Dynamite. It's good poo poo I tell ya

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
I don't think it's a netflix original but I've been enjoying a show called Rake.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Amazon Prime has good originals imho

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
Kimmy Schmidt gets a lot funnier a few episodes into the second season. I still liked it up until that point, but the second half of the season is funny as hell imho

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Tiny Lowtax posted:

the nazi show was great but got kind of confused towards the end of the season, it has lots of potential though

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
more like blowjack boredman

wet hot movie was good

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Narcos, Marco Polo, and Jessica Jones are about on par with HBO. I haven't seen Daredevil so I can't comment. Also Beasts of No Nation is like miles better than any of HBO's original movies.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

City of Tampa posted:

the nazi show was great but got kind of confused towards the end of the season, it has lots of potential though

the nazi show IS great. Apparently Bryan Cranston is gonna be in another Philip K Dick TV conversion and I am very stoked for that.

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
House of Cards is standard HBO award-bait level quality too. I get how people would say it's corny, but Spacy and Wright are good actors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Arrested development season 4 was real good, albeit different from the Fox seasons

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Hand of God owns bones and more people should watch it

Tolkien minority fucked around with this message at 16:44 on May 31, 2016

• Locked thread