Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

ArtIsResistance posted:

Ya that was a pretty good own I also liked it when Henry Winkler was like "you searched for meaning in death, but there is no meaning in death and that's okay :)" but having said that I disliked how Henry Winkler was all like, "I'm Henry Winkler! Playing myself on this show! haha" different strokes different folks.

Can I talk about all the cartoons I have opinions on here I have a lot of opinions like how Bob Burgers is a bad show for unfunny people and the latest season of Venture Bros was really really really bad

I actually don't like Bob's Burgers very much. The kids really get on my nerves like why are you purposefully sabotaging your family just for shits you demon child argh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

heres a plot: a zany male with a boring office job plays the main role. his friends are mostly the poeple they work with. this show chronicles their boring work lives with a few dramatic moments of conflict and misunderstanding. eventually the main character falls for one of his coworkers and the romance spans multiple seasons.

netflix directors, I know you're reading this thread - PM me

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Roylicious posted:

I actually don't like Bob's Burgers very much. The kids really get on my nerves like why are you purposefully sabotaging your family just for shits you demon child argh.

And now we can't be friends

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Iron Crowned posted:

And now we can't be friends

I dunno how you could say that based on someone's preference for a tv show but then I remember how bad Bob's Burgers is

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Pawn 17 posted:

House of Cards, Bloodline, Narcos, Marco Polo, Dare Devil, Jessica Jones, Kimmy Schmidt, Pee-Wee's Big Holiday, etc. Da gently caress are you talking about OP?

Roylicious posted:

I liked Marco Polo. Yeah it wasn't the best but I'm a sucker for kung fu stuff and that's a cool intro song. Narcos was good. I like OitnB.

Narcos was good, but I didn't really find the DEA side of the storyline to be that interesting (felt forced and contrived).

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Its funny to me how passionate people are about a cartoon show.

Not just here, people everywhere seem to have very strong opinions about Bob's Burgers that they are willing to argue about.

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

OctoberBlues posted:

That Aziz Ansari show is pretty good I think.

It handles lots of cool issues but like.
The dude is in a sex in every other scene. I see enough Indian dudes cramming in my day to day

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

Ruggan posted:

Narcos was good, but I didn't really find the DEA side of the storyline to be that interesting (felt forced and contrived).

Yeah I agree, I found myself basically just waiting for those bits to end. I get the value of the PoV from the DEA but yeah it felt not super well done and I could have even done without the family drama stuff. Just an agent realizing how futile his job really is would have been fine.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

OctoberBlues posted:

Not just here, people everywhere seem to have very strong opinions about Bob's Burgers that they are willing to argue about.

I will fist fight someone over Bob's Burgers :argh:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
somehow a show where one of the characters is based almost exclusively around aggressive fart jokes is less stupid than most other shows on tv

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

OctoberBlues posted:

The guy who posted about he hopes someone gets murdered in front of a crowd literally this morning just made a post about how passionate people are

really makes you think

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
just wanted to say bojack horseman is hot garbage

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i dare you guys to watch the first 10 minutes on that magic the gathering documentary without cringing to death

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
it turns out that the magic... was inside you all along *taps your chest, gains 5 land*

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

ArtIsResistance posted:

The guy who posted about he hopes someone gets murdered in front of a crowd literally this morning just made a post about how passionate people are

really makes you think

:coolfish:

"There was a fine gentle wind, and Mr. Pickwick's hat rolled sportively before it. The wind puffed, and Mr. Pickwick puffed, and the hat rolled over and over as merrily as a lively porpoise in a strong tide."

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

JakeP posted:

i dare you guys to watch the first 10 minutes on that magic the gathering documentary without cringing to death

ahhhh poo poo is it as good as that brony documentary? That poo poo was pure gold

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

OctoberBlues posted:

:coolfish:

"There was a fine gentle wind, and Mr. Pickwick's hat rolled sportively before it. The wind puffed, and Mr. Pickwick puffed, and the hat rolled over and over as merrily as a lively porpoise in a strong tide."

For twelve years you've been asking "Who is John Galt?" This is John Galt speaking. I'm the man who's taken away your victims and thus destroyed your world. You've heard it said that this is an age of moral crisis and that Man's sins are destroying the world. But your chief virtue has been sacrifice, and you've demanded more sacrifices at every disaster. You've sacrificed justice to mercy and happiness to duty. So why should you be afraid of the world around you?

Your world is only the product of your sacrifices. While you were dragging the men who made your happiness possible to your sacrificial altars, I beat you to it. I reached them first and told them about the game you were playing and where it would take them. I explained the consequences of your 'brother-love' morality, which they had been too innocently generous to understand. You won't find them now, when you need them more than ever.

We're on strike against your creed of unearned rewards and unrewarded duties. If you want to know how I made them quit, I told them exactly what I'm telling you tonight. I taught them the morality of Reason – that it was right to pursue one's own happiness as one's principal goal in life. I don't consider the pleasure of others my goal in life, nor do I consider my pleasure the goal of anyone else's life.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

JakeP posted:

I think I could watch far more than 10 minutes and laugh my rear end off. What's it called?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Honky Dong Country posted:

I think I could watch far more than 10 minutes and laugh my rear end off. What's it called?

i forget

all i remember is trying to hate watch it one night, and couldn't get past the intro. You know how like an esports commentator starts going crazy when someone makes a really strong dragon or something? That happens in the intro when some dude plays lightning bolt or some poo poo, and the announcerslike " OMG OMG LIGHTNINGBOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLT LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHTNINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG BOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLT AAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAA LIGHTNING AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA and i couldn't take it anymore

Stuffguyman
Jun 3, 2007

Ruggan posted:

heres a plot: a zany male with a boring office job plays the main role. his friends are mostly the poeple they work with. this show chronicles their boring work lives with a few dramatic moments of conflict and misunderstanding. eventually the main character falls for one of his coworkers and the romance spans multiple seasons.

netflix directors, I know you're reading this thread - PM me

:eyepop: Bill Lawrence, you've still got it! Have 3 more rejected TBS pilots on my desk by Friday and we'll talk.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

I will fist fight someone over Bob's Burgers :argh:

At first read my eyes skipped over the word "fight" and then I re read it and now I'm sad. I thought I had found a friend.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
i got a pitch, it's a tv show about a hot up-and-coming online movie and TV show streaming company CEO and his struggle to balance work and family in this crazy mixed-up world we live in

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Pot Of Shoe posted:

At first read my eyes skipped over the word "fight" and then I re read it and now I'm sad. I thought I had found a friend.

I can always make an exception :bigtran:

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
That Adam Sandler movie was bad but the price was right so I watched it. It wasn't bad enough to turn off.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Germstore posted:

That Adam Sandler movie was bad but the price was right so I watched it. It wasn't bad enough to turn off.

did u like the shamalan style twist? it blew my mind!

my favorite joke was when the one guy was gay hahaah

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lady Dynamite is pretty good imo. She uses her manager's real name in the show, and her and Scott Aukerman maintain there's at least a little truth to his character on the show, which I find hilarious

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Boner Zone posted:

Lady Dynamite is pretty good imo. She uses her manager's real name in the show, and her and Scott Aukerman maintain there's at least a little truth to his character on the show, which I find hilarious

I agree! I've always liked Bamford's standup and she's pretty open about her mental issues. It's p cool that a legit hilarious woman has a show about mental illness and it's not a painful pity party like Girls.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

JakeP posted:

i forget

all i remember is trying to hate watch it one night, and couldn't get past the intro. You know how like an esports commentator starts going crazy when someone makes a really strong dragon or something? That happens in the intro when some dude plays lightning bolt or some poo poo, and the announcerslike " OMG OMG LIGHTNINGBOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLT LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHTNINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG BOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLT AAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAA LIGHTNING AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA and i couldn't take it anymore

It's actually pretty interesting and it doesn't glamorize MTG much tbh. It just profiles a few of the top players, talks about their motivation for playing and follows them through a few major tournaments. It shows guys (and girls) who are completely dedicated to a card game despite not being able to make a real living at it. Even the best players have boring side jobs and live at home with their parents. It's cool to see people who are so driven and dedicated to something that gives them very little reward aside from personal accomplishment.

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

Pot Of Shoe posted:

I agree! I've always liked Bamford's standup and she's pretty open about her mental issues. It's p cool that a legit hilarious woman has a show about mental illness and it's not a painful pity party like Girls.

For some reason I thought it was out later in the summer, but I'll definitely have to check it out. I like Maria Bamford too, so when I heard about this show I was pretty interested in it.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
this thread is peak goon

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

JakeP posted:

did u like the shamalan style twist? it blew my mind!

my favorite joke was when the one guy was gay hahaah

Based on tone I feel like you are taking the piss, but as you also watched it through to the end I am afraid we are in the same boat.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
11.23.63 is the best internet TV show

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures

lonesomedwarf posted:

im still not 100% sure what netfilx is

U know how they beam channels to the tv through thin air? its like that but you have to pay money , its called a App

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Pawn 17 posted:

It's actually pretty interesting and it doesn't glamorize MTG much tbh. It just profiles a few of the top players, talks about their motivation for playing and follows them through a few major tournaments. It shows guys (and girls) who are completely dedicated to a card game despite not being able to make a real living at it. Even the best players have boring side jobs and live at home with their parents. It's cool to see people who are so driven and dedicated to something that gives them very little reward aside from personal accomplishment.

lol at you glamorizing straight up losers who leech off their parents and society so they can play an expensive game

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Germstore posted:

Based on tone I feel like you are taking the piss, but as you also watched it through to the end I am afraid we are in the same boat.

i liked where david spade whacked the mexican lady in the face with his laptop because he knew she was lying becasue adam sandlers character "Maxi Pad" would never have hurt an innocent, even though the whole movie was about how adam sandler lived a double life and was completely untrustworthy or something, but then after whacking the mexican lady in the face she just pulled a gun on him anyway, so the whole scene was just pointless

life is a joke
Mar 7, 2016
Nobody seemed to like Netflix Presentes: The Characters BUT is is actually very cool and funny, and in ~4 years when Berlant/Early and maybe another 1 or 2 of the other ones are hot poo poo in comedy everyone that rated it one star is going to say yes hmm i knew there was something special about them when I first enjoyed the characters. They just shouldn't have led with Lauren Lapkus, she's the most famous but she's also a weirdo and that kind of uncomfortable humor could have been built up to.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

For anybody that was wondering that MTG doc is called Enter the Battlefield - Life on the Magic: The Gathering Pro Tour. I fully intend to watch this tonight once I've drank a bunch of beer to get properly varnished first. I'm hoping it'll be hilariously peak nerd.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Honky Dong Country posted:

For anybody that was wondering that MTG doc is called Enter the Battlefield - Life on the Magic: The Gathering Pro Tour. I fully intend to watch this tonight once I've drank a bunch of beer to get properly varnished first. I'm hoping it'll be hilariously peak nerd.

L I G H T N I N G B O L L L L L L L L L L LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL T

The Hman
Jan 6, 2015
HOW loving DARE they call trailer park boys an original series how about you poo poo ALL OVER my national heritage of DRINKING BEER IN RUN DOWN PLACES like a loving CANADIAN and say you made it up. trailer park boys was around before netflix was even a twinkle in a millenial's eye gently caress you netflix suck my balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Hman
Jan 6, 2015
for the record i've never watched trailer park boys beyond a smattering of clips on the internet but still :canada:

• Locked thread