Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

H.H posted:

ps game of thrones is lord of the rings for autists (as succinctly put by some goon in a past thread) and everybody who watches it should be legit ashamed

hahahahaha

scott zoloft posted:

bojock horseman sucks poo poo

animated tv shows intended for older audiences are always really bad because for some reason they tend to focus on drama in a show about a talking horse person and his whacky life which just makes it really cringey to watch and not in a "oh man I feel for these people!!!" way like the office but in a "kill myself out of shame" way like anime (non-DBZ)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

Profondo Rosso posted:

Arrested development season 4 was real good, albeit different from the Fox seasons

Kill yourself

notZaar posted:

Bojack went from irreverent funny to sappy melodrama in record time. They didn't even bother establishing their comic voice for a few seasons before veering into cringe inducing maudlin as is the standard.

Well nerds eat that cringey poo poo up

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

Roylicious posted:

God forbid a show has any kind of emotional stuff or anything it must be COMIC VOICE for seasons unending.

Well the problem isn't that it's emotional stuff, the problem is that the show is just trying so goddamn hard to be sad and melodramatic that it just comes off as ham-fisted. I'm sure if the only media you consume consists of anime cartoons and video games it seems well written but, you know.

Profondo Rosso posted:

sorry its good and u cant appreciate change in ur precious sitcoms

All the existing characters turned into parodies of themselves, all the new characters were really bad, and I wasn't a fan of the controversial decision to replace Portia de Rossi with a wax model of Portia de Rossi.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

Roylicious posted:

I mean yeah alright it does get a bit ham-fisted by the end but you come off as so eye-rollingly 'internet person trying to be sophisticated' that it's painful. Believe it or not I enjoy literature, plays, operas, etc. but I also enjoy some cartoons as well. It doesn't have to be one or the other every time.

Not every joke lands but many of them do. The Vincent Adultman thing is pretty funny even if it is stupid :shrug:

Believe it or not, I too enjoy "cartoons". My problem isn't with Bojack trying to be emotional to begin with, it's that it tries waaaaay too hard to be emotional.

This'll probably make some dickhead post something like "OH THAT EXPLAINS A LOT" but I disliked the Vincent Adultman thing, mostly because the joke didn't land for me the first time and oh hey we'll just use this whacky & zany character for a whole season without any new jokes. DANGER ZONE hahahahaha

notZaar posted:

Yeah but in the case of Bojack it's just poorly written so the drama comes off as forced and artificial, whereas the comic bits were actually clever and funny.

This is pretty much the sentiment I was going for, it's not bad BECAUSE it has emotional drama poo poo, it's bad because it just shoves in the emotional drama poo poo to seem edgy.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

Roylicious posted:

But that's just like, your opinion man. I though it had some touching moments and the whole thing about his friend not forgiving him before he died was pretty brutal.

Ya that was a pretty good own I also liked it when Henry Winkler was like "you searched for meaning in death, but there is no meaning in death and that's okay :)" but having said that I disliked how Henry Winkler was all like, "I'm Henry Winkler! Playing myself on this show! haha" different strokes different folks.

Can I talk about all the cartoons I have opinions on here I have a lot of opinions like how Bob Burgers is a bad show for unfunny people and the latest season of Venture Bros was really really really bad

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

notZaar posted:

I disagree with your opinion about these two cartoons.

THREE. THERE ARE THREE NOW

ninja edit: I thought the newest season of venture bros was gonna be the last one which probably contributed heavily to my disappointment when NOTHING loving HAPPENED so sway my opinion somewhere else and make me like it

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

And now we can't be friends

I dunno how you could say that based on someone's preference for a tv show but then I remember how bad Bob's Burgers is

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

OctoberBlues posted:

Its funny to me how passionate people are about a cartoon show.

Not just here, people everywhere seem to have very strong opinions about Bob's Burgers that they are willing to argue about.

The guy who posted about he hopes someone gets murdered in front of a crowd literally this morning just made a post about how passionate people are

really makes you think

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

JakeP posted:

i dare you guys to watch the first 10 minutes on that magic the gathering documentary without cringing to death

ahhhh poo poo is it as good as that brony documentary? That poo poo was pure gold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

OctoberBlues posted:

:coolfish:

"There was a fine gentle wind, and Mr. Pickwick's hat rolled sportively before it. The wind puffed, and Mr. Pickwick puffed, and the hat rolled over and over as merrily as a lively porpoise in a strong tide."

For twelve years you've been asking "Who is John Galt?" This is John Galt speaking. I'm the man who's taken away your victims and thus destroyed your world. You've heard it said that this is an age of moral crisis and that Man's sins are destroying the world. But your chief virtue has been sacrifice, and you've demanded more sacrifices at every disaster. You've sacrificed justice to mercy and happiness to duty. So why should you be afraid of the world around you?

Your world is only the product of your sacrifices. While you were dragging the men who made your happiness possible to your sacrificial altars, I beat you to it. I reached them first and told them about the game you were playing and where it would take them. I explained the consequences of your 'brother-love' morality, which they had been too innocently generous to understand. You won't find them now, when you need them more than ever.

We're on strike against your creed of unearned rewards and unrewarded duties. If you want to know how I made them quit, I told them exactly what I'm telling you tonight. I taught them the morality of Reason – that it was right to pursue one's own happiness as one's principal goal in life. I don't consider the pleasure of others my goal in life, nor do I consider my pleasure the goal of anyone else's life.

• Locked thread