Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
BoJack Horseman is the only good thing from Netflix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

scott zoloft posted:

bojock horseman sucks poo poo

you suck shiut

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Is Joe Dirt on Netflix, because Joe Dirt was a good movie

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

JakeP posted:

one of these days now he will create the next billy madison just you wait and see buster

That was The Waterboy :mad:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

OctoberBlues posted:

Is this like an xbox / playstation thing? Do I have to choose sides to be cool? :ohdear:

Netflix has the wrong kind of ram

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

netflix advertises that adam sandler movie to me and that is all i get why does it think that way about me :smith:

Netflix knows you like terrible things

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
BoJack is my spirit animal

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Naerasa posted:

The netflix shows (like most shows) should have shorter seasons so they don't feel tempted to add a bunch of bizarre side-poo poo to the main story to fill time. Five minutes ago we were fighting the punisher, now we're fighting ninja undead? Get the gently caress out of here with that.

I like how the episode run times aren't stringent like they are for broadcast. I don't know what they are now, but in the 90's TV needed 18 minutes of commercials per hour, so an hour show was about 42 minutes long. Not needing to fit in a 42 minute runtime, if one episode tells all it needs to tell in 40 minutes, it's good, but if another episode needs 65 it can be 65 minutes without needing to be a two part episod (padded out to 84 minutes)

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

ArtIsResistance posted:

Well the problem isn't that it's emotional stuff, the problem is that the show is just trying so goddamn hard to be sad and melodramatic that it just comes off as ham-fisted. I'm sure if the only media you consume consists of anime cartoons and video games it seems well written but, you know.

This is a bad opinion

ArtIsResistance posted:

All the existing characters turned into parodies of themselves, all the new characters were really bad, and I wasn't a fan of the controversial decision to replace Portia de Rossi with a wax model of Portia de Rossi.

This is a good opinion

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Roylicious posted:

Not every joke lands but many of them do. The Vincent Adultman thing is pretty funny even if it is stupid :shrug:

I'm working at the business factory as we speak!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

notZaar posted:

Yeah but in the case of Bojack it's just poorly written so the drama comes off as forced and artificial, whereas the comic bits were actually clever and funny.

I don't think that we can be friends

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Roylicious posted:

I actually don't like Bob's Burgers very much. The kids really get on my nerves like why are you purposefully sabotaging your family just for shits you demon child argh.

And now we can't be friends

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

OctoberBlues posted:

Its funny to me how passionate people are about a cartoon show.

Not just here, people everywhere seem to have very strong opinions about Bob's Burgers that they are willing to argue about.

I will fist fight someone over Bob's Burgers :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Pot Of Shoe posted:

At first read my eyes skipped over the word "fight" and then I re read it and now I'm sad. I thought I had found a friend.

I can always make an exception :bigtran:

• Locked thread