Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

tithin posted:

It's worth a read but in summary, LNP qld calls on qld government to release a bunch of files to the public relating to a 12 month police investigation and "explain" why there was no prosecution.

And gets absolutely hosed by a bunch of reporters on why that's a bad idea.
Ian Walker is a disaster of a choice for Opposition AG, he's less qualified than Jarred Bleijie for the ministry and, as that presser shows, he has literally no loving idea about how separation of powers is meant to work.

Or worse, he does and honestly doesn't care one poo poo about it. Stupidity or malice, take your pick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Frogmanv2 posted:

Telstra, on the assumption that it was going to lose its copper network, did exactly zero maintenance beyond using duct tape and hope to keep it running for a few extra years and now thats what the LNP bought off them and are hoping to use to deliver poo poo internet speeds with.
This differs in no way to what was done before the NBN was even a thing.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/FJKeany/status/737861412610048000?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Looks like the social media/online campaign the AEC did the last month paid off. I saw things on Facebook and Google Now informing people of enrollment for the election, good to see.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Anidav posted:

Watch them all vote Liberal cause Mommy and Daddy told them about the Golden Age of John Howard.
I thought all millennials hated their parents and did the opposite of what they were told?

Serioustalk, keep in mind this is the age group of people most likely to be engaged by social media campaigns which the Greens and, to a lesser degree, Labor do far better than the LNP.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Anidav posted:

Apparently the LNP are extremely worried about NSW because Baird is starting to blow up for them.
And getting Tones to campaign is going to help them how exactly? Is he going to get up and eat some onions on stage?

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Maybe beg some fares at a ferry terminal again, that worked well the first time.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Cleretic posted:

Bernardi shared an article from Rape Advocate Roosh V. Given the whole thing with Roosh recently put his name all over the place here, it is mathematically impossible for Corey to not know exactly who this guy is, and probably follows him.

Let's be honest here. Are any of us surprised by this at all?
Bernadi (fundie scum that he is) probably believes it's ok to rape your wife, so no.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Mithranderp posted:

‘I think there does need to be give and take on both sides, and this idea that sex is kind of a woman’s right to absolutely withhold, just as the idea that sex is a man’s right to demand I think they are both they both need to be moderated, so to speak’
Yes, that does need to be moderated. Into the loving bin.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

starkebn posted:

LNP are the best at economic management
"Economic management" is just the phrase they went with when their marketing team said that "systemic corruption" wouldn't really win the majority of people over.

CrazyTolradi fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jun 2, 2016

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

LibertyCat posted:

Australia is a huge country with a shitload of empty space with almost no people in the centre. It is utter madness to kowtow to a tiny population RE the perfect spot for a nuclear storage facility when any other group would have it resumed in a heartbeat.
Ok, we'll just store it in your place, it'd be utter madness to kowtow to you.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

LibertyCat posted:

I'd happily store it next door for 1/10th the amount of bribe money typically being proposed.
No, it has to be in your place, since you're so ready to revoke the property rights (that you hold so precious and dear) of others.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

LibertyCat, you're a poo poo troll or you're a hypocrite. "I'd gladly give my land for this, this clearly justifies us resuming land against the wishes and rights of the land owners."

I guess property rights only matter when it's YOUR property rights that are being defended, though.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

wombat74 posted:

Not 100% sure this belongs in here, but apparently the guy that runs Supernova is a massive fundy who supports transphobia

Yeah, that's hardly surprising since they invited Adam Baldwin and defended the fact that he's a downright shitlord.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

open24hours posted:

LDP advertising at tobacconists.

I know I'm sick of nanny state politicians telling me it isn't ok to torture Tories in my own home.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Nuclear energy isn't viable for Australia at all. Even if we were going down the nuclear route (and yeah good luck getting the public opinion in favour of that), we're too late into it. Molten salt solar would be a far better option and would be deliverable in a much shorter time frame. For nuclear power, you're looking easily three to four decades to get the infrastructure and facilities up and running to the point where coal would be able to be shut down.

Solar isn't perfect, but it's the least lovely viable option out there.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

poo poo, if you're being that much of a smartarse and splitting hairs on how ethical things are, why the gently caress do you have a smartphone? Like, if you're going to get that in depth about "well we shouldn't do solar because of x" maybe you should apply to everything if you're genuine in your logic.

Going solar isn't the perfect, pure ethical solution you're wanting, no. But it's still the most ethical of all current power generation technologies so that to do anything else would be unethical.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Stoca Zola posted:

Okay so that was aimed at me, right. I wear hand-me-down clothes from my sister and other family members. I use the same phone until it breaks. I don't travel, I rarely drive. This isn't about me or my choices. I'm not the one advocating nationwide adoption of however many million solar panels for every single roof in the whole country - that's what the Greens have come up with, and they are the party who present themselves as standing for ethical and sustainable solutions. It isn't too much to ask whether there is any intention to make sure this really is sustainable. I would love to see a parallel Greens policy on solar panel recycling but at the moment it seems to me like they've left that as a problem for someone else in the future to figure out and that, to me, is not good enough.

Ok, so you reuse clothing and don't buy new phones unnecessarily. Cool, you're doing that because, while those items aren't completely ethical in how they're produced, for you it's the most ethical option. That's cool.

Here's the problem though, if solar power isn't ethical enough for you (i.e from pollution caused during manufacturing process) then what is? The way you present the fact that there's pollution, you make it seem like why bother with solar if there's some pollution from it?

Why? Because it's less environmentally impacting than coal, oil, nuclear or any other viable option. Environmental impact isn't some that is either there or it isn't.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

The long wind up time for nuclear is mostly a result of regulatory issues and waste isnt an issue with breeder reactors. I dont think renewables are ever going to be able to meet the worlds power demands, at least not in the next few decades. Of the feasible options nuclear looks the least horrible imo. More people died as a result of the evacuation of fukushima than would have had they stayed.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/09/22/science/when-radiation-isnt-the-real-risk.html?smid=tw-nytimesscience&smtyp=cur&referer=
Yeah, let's throw out all those pesky regulations. OHS never helped anyone.

Considering LNP are the most likely party to go for a nuclear power option, it's very worrisome that their ministers can't even get a train line signal system contract right and went straight to the lowest cost option. That worked out well, Emerson.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-06/qr-says-signal-system-delayed-moreton-rail-link-cheapest-option/7481412?section=qld

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Mr Chips posted:

that, or compost shitposts into biomass for energy generation

Using shitposts for power generation runs the risk of meltdown due to Negligent.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Zenithe posted:

I had a look last time this was mentioned and couldn't find anything to support it and have yet to hear it outside this thread. Was there some report done into nuclear viability in Australia or something?

Do you think infrastructure for refining uranium and a nuclear plant just happens to spring up overnight? That poo poo literally does take over a decade to build to a satisfactory standard. There's academics I know at Griffith Uni who are pro-nuclear but concede that it's not viable for Australia and if we were going to do it, it should have been done 40 years ago. Now it's just too much time and too much cost.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Dude McAwesome posted:

I know the GC has canals. But why the gently caress does it have canals? Is it literally "Ran out of beachfront and people want waterfront homes so we dug some ditches"?
Yes. Delfin Island in Adelaide is the same sort of thing too. I'm fairly sure the Sunshine Coast has them too.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Dude McAwesome posted:

lol. muddy ditches are a sign of class and wealth
Well, considering riverfront properties in Brisbane still sell for premium pricing, despite it being the Brisbane river in all its murky and muddy glory, I'm really not surprised.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Anidav posted:

Oh God. The TV screens at fortitude Valley station stopped playing ads and now play Sky News.

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
This is why you never go to the loving Valley.

Further in QLD is fukt news (and also in regards to lack of economic diversity):

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-07/queensland-coffers-will-lose-three-billion-mining-royalties/7484980

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

asio posted:

How can you be so incredibly wrong on both accounts. First off with coal. We get the same amount from coal royalties as we do vehicle registration so who gives a gently caress about the coal industry and this stupid news story: http://www.tai.org.au/content/mouse-roars-coal-queensland-economy

Qld economy is actually built on the services industry, and the bulk of that is in healthcare. Punch a miner, thank a dishpig.
Ok, that's still $3 billion out of the state budget that is going to be cut from somewhere (and Newman did a LOT of cutting already). Sure, we make a bunch from vehicle rego but that isn't going to replace what's being lost from the decrease in royalties.

My point isn't that it's horrible that the coal industry is dying (This is a good thing), but that it's horrible that we're doing gently caress all to actually replace and diversify our economy. If you think services is going to make up for it (at least in QLD) lol ok let's see how that pans out considering that the majority of those services aren't exported, but are supported by existing economies in QLD (i.e resources).

[quote="asio" post="460739288"
Unless you mean brunswick st mall which lost everything when they kicked out the street kids sniffing and replaced them with lovely self-serve concept bars
[/quote]
This is what I meant, Brunswick St Mall is the arsehole of the arsehole of Australia.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

LibertyCat continues to prove you don't make friends with Libertarianism.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

I can get behind sending "hard done battlers" of the middle class to Nauru if we swap them out with detainees. That's a very fair solution, actually.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Seagull posted:

labor are racist bigots, hope that helps
They just returned to their traditional roots.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

LibertyCat talking out of his arse (shamelessly stolen from the SC thread):

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

ScreamingLlama posted:

Are the Sex Party running any lower house candidates? If not, I'll just vote Greens for lower and Sexies for upper. If the Dems ever loving manage to get past the lovely new electoral rules and get reregistered, New England can have a goon candidate.

(A question I've been meaning to ask, too: If you're an electoral candidate, are you allowed to vote for yourself?)
Why vote for the Sex Party instead of Greens?

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Birdstrike posted:

He likes the idea of preference whispering
:drat:

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

But seriously, apart from having a stupid edgy name, how does the Sex Party differ from the Greens policy wise?

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Senor Tron posted:

At the last election, didn't the ASP preference One Nation ahead of the Greens?
No idea, fukt if true.

Also in next month's OP, if the poster is so inclined to include something about the Dems, would a Weekend at Bernies pic be acceptable?

CrazyTolradi fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Jun 15, 2016

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

LibertyCat, thank you for your consistent demonstration of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

CrazyTolradi fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Jun 15, 2016

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Anidav posted:

Please don't include my username in your posts. The only username worth mentioning relating to your posts is your own as its often what people will need to type to add to their ignore lists.
:perfect:

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Banning drugs didn't work, so why would banning nuclear weapons? :shrug:

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Starshark posted:

You sure give up easy you big wuss. I bet you haven't got a girlfriend.
Libertarians are equally lovely to women as they are to non-whites, so you're likely spot on.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Anidav posted:

Well if you can't get all the guns simply ban the sale of ammo so they are just mantelpieces.
Then gun nuts start injuring/killing themselves trying to make their own, win/win.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

What loving kind of name is Sly?

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Snod. posted:

Why is his head so loving square jesus
Must have lost a fight with a trash compactor due to poor safety regulations because that's all nanny state nonsense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

LibertyCat posted:

I don't consider myself a Nazi but I am very strongly Nationalist. I am greatly in favor of civil liberties for citizens - Demolishing mosques etc is the opposite of that.

I do think the middle eastern culture is dreadful (esp for women, LBTQI and nonbelievers) and there is no reason to encourage its spread by letting people from those regions enter in large groups.

I think remote communities that have no possible hope of being economically sustainable should stop being subsidized, negative gearing distorts the economy, we are letting too many people into the country in general, and the resulting population growth is straining our existing services and is bad for our quality of life.

If NZ want to take refugees, let them.

Other countries are way more racist/xenophobic than us but this thread makes out like we're the worst of the worst.
You're basically at the first steps that the NSDAP took to becoming fully fledged Nazis. I'm sure they would be proud of you and your type continuing their legacy of cultural and racial purity.

CrazyTolradi fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jun 18, 2016

• Locked thread