Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Another poo poo month in a bullshit country whose mindless fuckwits will vote the Liberals back in next month because they are completed hosed in the head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I'm surprised with the Tasmanian results for the LNP, I thought they were more popular than Labor down there

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

MonoAus posted:

Ah :thejoke:

Take pity on me, I'm West Australian.

No worries, you are two hours and ten years behind the rest of Australia :v:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Starshark posted:

I don't know everything there is to know about Uni rules but that looks to me like a pretty blatant breach of academic freedom.

E: Article here

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/university-suspends-safe-schools-cofounder-roz-ward-over-facebook-post-20160601-gp9ezu.html

Piss weak effort by LaTrobe, I hope the academics there go on strike

Oh loving awesome.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

While a small thing compared to other election news, both the Greens and Labor have made promises to reverse the $1.6 million cut to Community Radio broadcasting which the Liberals have in their latest budget.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Nationalise all retail stores

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

lol good work LaTrobe you dumb arses.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

wombat74 posted:

Here's another view of the house with the collapsed swimming pool...

Wow, how are those white block of flats still be standing? It's totally hosed the coastline

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Comstar posted:

Looks like the Melbourne ring road is going to be finished. Articles in the newspapers are starting to come out, though I'm not sure it will be announced before or after the next state election. I'm surprised Malcolm hasn't had anything to say about it.

The key part is that's it's written under the assumption that it will be a toll road. I think that's why the reports are getting written - to soften everyone up for it. The ring road does need to be finished, but someone, somewhere is paying money to get it done as a toll road.

Yeah, I can't see many new freeway projects in Melbourne not being tolled. I was surprised when the Brumby Labor Government didn't toll the Peninsula Link.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Ettin posted:

Shoutout to the guy who spent the entire first episode of The Chaser's Election Desk sitting sideways for the sake of a visual gag :australia:

Yeah, that was well done

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Oh cool Labor is supporting the Coalition with cuts to family payments :smith:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

wombat74 posted:

Big story out of Victoria that could have federal ramifications - Jane Garrett has resigned as Emergency Services minister over the CFA/UFU stoush. The Herald Scum is going to have a field day over this

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/emergency-services-minister-jane-garrett-has-resigned-20160610-gpg0on.html

I doubt if anyone outside of News Corpse will care about this story.

Probably the first big hit to the Andrews Government though

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Ooooh boy

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

gay picnic defence posted:

What's the deal with the CFA EBA that's got the volunteers up in arms? Pissing them off doesn't seem like a sensible move seeing as they make up a large number of our firefighters. Does less volunteers (if a lot of them resign as is already happening according to The Age) mean the paid firefighters have a stronger negotiating position in the future or something?

Not sure, as most of the media are now after Andrews since he sacked the Emergency Services minister. I saw a Herald Sun opened on a double page of them just tearing into Andrews over the sacking of the minister and how he isn't taking their advice. Can't seem to find any real balanced stories on it, or any background information.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

drunkill posted:

And just like that the NBN is dead.

Good job Murdoch, you won.
E: labor to continue HFC rollout, rip fiber (except for a few extra places but not many)

What? Oh God drat it :smith:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

GlenMR posted:

You see these images on Twitter every so often, and it just defies belief that these things actually happen. Some of them are just so preposterous.

That was depressing, especially shooting a 3 year old for misbehaving :smith:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Anidav posted:

Post Gillard swan is kinda based he has that giant billboard on Gympie road declaring class warfare. Plucky Lil communist wayne

Out of the Rudd/Gillard Labor lot, I didn't mind Swan. Prefer him over Albo. Unfortunately I think he is tainted too much with that era to be a shadow minister/minister again

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

TheMightyHandful posted:

Nicolic the Abbott lover is scared of debating a green. What a sook. (He also threatens and blocks constituents on Facebook)

Nicolic always seems to come across as a nasty piece of work.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Candidates for La Trobe in Victoria:

1 CUMMINGS, Tom The Greens

2 FOLLONI, Leah Animal Justice Party

3 DOIDGE, Julieanne Lynette Derryn Hinch's Justice Party

4 CURTIS, Simon Australian Labor Party

5 HUGHES, Leslie Liberal Democrats

6 QUINN, Margaret Rise Up Australia Party

7 WOOD, Jason Liberal (current Federal member)

8 FENT, David Shooters, Fishers and Farmers

9 LEAHY, Martin Australian Sex Party

10 BARTRAM, Jeffrey Family First Party

Greens first, Family First last :)

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Senor Tron posted:

Family First with their plan to raise taxes for low income earners.

Oh cool he's going the 9-9-9 route

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

V for Vegas posted:

Vote 1 MEOW-MEOW, Meow-Ludo Disco Gamma for Grayndler

Someone has been watching "Super Troopers" too many times

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

norp posted:

Looks like the hemp party and sex party running a joint senate ticket. What if you only support either sex or drugs but not both????

Heh, joint ticket

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

http://www.theguardian.com/australi...tisation-attack

Turnbull has dropped the plan to privatise the payment system for Medicare

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Solemn Sloth posted:

So a few days ago a greens candidate in Tasmania had men come to his house, yell at his teenage daughter, and destroy campaign material out the front of his house.

Now the greens candidate in Farrer has had his car broken in to and campaign material destroyed.

:toot:
The Greens candidate for Higgins, Jason Ball, who is homosexual has had his posted defaced with anti-same sex graffiti.

loving morons.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

DNQ posted:

http://youtu.be/pKTq8WEc1oo

"Labor even plans to make homosexuality legal! That's a floodgate the Nationals will never open"

Sadly I could see the LNP looking at that ad these days and going "All we need to do is change the leader in that ad, and we're on a winner"

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Anidav posted:

"The tradie is real, unlike Mr Shorten's claims about Medicare."

Only because your gutless leader back-pedalled on the Medicare payment changes.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

ewe2 posted:

Also Victorians, Jeremy Sear's done a spreadsheet for the Victorian Senate ticket and his rationale is:

Hope that's of some use to someone, just passing it on.

Thanks, was going to start looking for some good Senate voting material, Sear always seems to be a switched on guy

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Recoome posted:

OH MY GOD THEY HAVE A PERSON IN THE CONCENTRATION CAMP ON Q&A

LOL, seriously? I expect News Corpse to go nuts tomorrow, and probably start tracking down everyone who was in the audience, even those who were going to vote Liberal

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Maybe I need to watch my first Q&A if it is as hilarious (in a cringe comedy sense) as what you describe

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Oh cool now the media is stalking him instead of doing proper work like analysing both major parties policies

AgentF posted:

Early Vote HTV Trip Report:

- Xenophon volunteer was pleasant, criticised Liberal policies, supported action on climate change and refugees; I don't know why she wasn't a Green.

Probably was a small "L" Liberal, like Malcolm Fraser and Judith Troeth, before the party started being besties with its right wing nutbags in the late 90s

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

In this latest episode of "Liberal Candidates keeping it classy" we have Ben Willis with this classy Facebook post from January 22nd that's just been outed:

quote:

If you describe Australia Day as "invasion day" you need a high five.

In the face.

With a chair

While it is mathematically impossible to high five someone in the face with a chair since it only has four legs, once again shows how out of touch these morons are, and how they forget the mantra "Anything posted on the Internet will be there, forever"

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-22/ben-willis-should-be-disendorsed-says-penny-wong/7531420

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Kat Delacour posted:

I'm 99% sure I used to work with the 'high five in the face with a chair' guy.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-22/ben-willis-should-be-disendorsed-says-penny-wong/7531420

I am trying to find a linkedin to prove my hunch. It was a terrible awful job but I guess he internalised the pain and decided it was the poors fault.

eta: cloudflare is getting on my last nerve
He is a HR rep, so makes sense that he's a complete prat.

iajanus posted:

That worried me for a minute as I've got a good friend with the exact same name but luckily it's a different person.
Hi Ben

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

"It was a known unknown, but not an unknown unknown"

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Helen Razer used to kinda be cool back in the Triple J days in the 90s. Too bad she has turned into the Generation X version of a Quadrant journalist.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Andrew Elder has gone quiet on his blog. I was hoping for some more juicy Liberal news/rumours

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Poor England can't handle some refugees so rather gently caress their economy than taking in some of them.

Hopefully Nigel Farage will be remembered in the same way to the English as Cromwell is to the Irish.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

hooman posted:

Cameron has resigned.

lol the fucker bet his job on the fact his country aren't a pack of inbred racists and lost out.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Recoome posted:

yess i eagerly await how this will embolden the ultranationalist movement here.

this is great news for freedom and diversity

God I hope Victoria separates from the Federation if something like Brexit happens here

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

open24hours posted:

Why on earth would Canberra want to join Victoria of all places? Independence or death.

Victoria doesn't want Canberra, as Melbourne was the first and correct capital city of this nation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Seeing my dad at his aged care home and sadly the tv is set to the Federal Coalition campaign launch. Julie Bishop is bagging out Shorten for not being for the worker or business, I guess forgetting how her law firm treated people with asbestos

• Locked thread