Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Ungratek posted:

I saw Pirlo get played off the pitch by Lamar Neagle last month. He's completely immobile and also doesn't give a poo poo

Immobile is a striker :haw:

He's never had to run to play his game, it's definitely that he doesn't give a poo poo anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

It's even funnier because David Villa was playing like it was life and death

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

The clowns for the clown game in ten minutes:

Sirigu; Bonucci, Chiellini, Barzagli; Candreva, Giaccherini, Thiago Motta, Parolo, El Shaarawy; Zaza e Immobile

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Giaccherini is actually going to start and not just be a squad player 🤕

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

straight up brolic posted:

Giaccherini is actually going to start and not just be a squad player 🤕

This but that entire midfield three

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

The narrator in the stream I'm watching is saying "El Shawahweh" and it's hilarious, the most interesting part of this match in fact.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Thiago Motta gets replaced and his replacement scores immediately, please just loving go away

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

What the gently caress does Insigne have to do to get some minutes? I'm gonna be real mad if that garbageman Immobile is going to play over him in the real thing.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

If Immobile and Zaza could finish it would've ended 5-0.

Not bad though, once Thiago Motta and Giaccherini came off Italy looked much much better. Would reaaaallly like to see Insigne/Pelle as the starting strikers.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i'm glad conte is a wasteman

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Giampiero Ventura has been appointed Italy's new manager after this tournament. I think one other nation has a lame duck manager right now, Russia maybe? Conte can gently caress off for making everything official and public a month ago or whatever it was.

Also Ventura has never won anything but I guess he gets the most out of garbagemen so maybe he's the exactly right choice.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Gigi Galli posted:

Giampiero Ventura has been appointed Italy's new manager after this tournament. I think one other nation has a lame duck manager right now, Russia maybe? Conte can gently caress off for making everything official and public a month ago or whatever it was.

Also Ventura has never won anything but I guess he gets the most out of garbagemen so maybe he's the exactly right choice.

Sweden's Erik Hamrén is out after the euros as well.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Gigi Galli posted:

That may or may not be correct. He'll stay, but nobody knows where: he could leave the national team and stay at CSKA, or leave CSKA and stay in the national team. Both are equally likely.

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster

Gigi Galli posted:

Why wasn't Napoli in for him?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Roma's transit workers union is planning a strike from 2030-0030 on Monday night.

Conveniently when Italy plays their first match.

:italy:

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Love Europe summer strike season.

I remember watching the 1990 WC with no sound because our broadcaster striked lol

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Is Pirlo rubbish now?

He literally is not good enough for MLS so yeah time to hang up the boots

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

At least send me a Facebook request before posting my pictures.

Also I have a good feeling about tomorrow. I was looking at Vincent Kompany's forehead on TV and he looked worried as hell, it was like a mountain range with a river of sweat rolling through it.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
a mountain range with rivers of sweat rolling through it is an apt description of northern italy :twisted:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Eau de MacGowan posted:

a mountain range with rivers of sweat rolling through it is an apt description of northern italy :twisted:

The sweat of a proud Padania working to make our nation better

Tonight we have the chance to go top of the group, lets hope Thiago Motta isn't playing.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Belgium might not advance to the quarter finals if Italy gets a win here. They play as 11 individuals. Wilmots is retarded.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

In irrelevant trivia news, when Italy played Belgium in Euro 2000 both Wilmots and Conte were in their respective sides starting 11. Italy won 2-0

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Where is the mob when you need them, Insigne the good Napolitano lad has been left out of the XI for poo poo man Eder. Hopefully Conte gets a wake up call from the various Cirú's.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

loving lol at this lineup is Darmian seriously being played as an inverted winger with Parolo on the right??? what the gently caress is wasteman conte doing?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

loving lol at this lineup is Darmian seriously being played as an inverted winger with Parolo on the right??? what the gently caress is wasteman conte doing?

Parolo and Giaccherini are on either side of De Rossi, Candreva should be on the left and Darmian on the right unless Conte has truly lost his mind.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

So you're telling me that Giaccherini is playing in loving midfield??? I'm legitimately very mad.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

he should play motta over de rossi and stuaro over candreva at this point. just make me actually lose my mind.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

So you're telling me that Giaccherini is playing in loving midfield??? I'm legitimately very mad.

Yes, although that's where he was with Cesena and Juve like 100 years ago or whatever. He never played as a forward until he went to Sunderland.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

Yes, although that's where he was with Cesena and Juve like 100 years ago or whatever. He never played as a forward until he went to Sunderland.
I thought he mostly played WB for Juve?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I thought he mostly played WB for Juve?

I honestly can't remember but he was never an out and out winger.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

It doesn't matter because he's poo poo wherever he plays lol

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

it's going to own when we win the tournament because we have the only good defense and conte is somehow vindicated for doing this

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

it's going to own when we win the tournament because we have the only good defense and conte is somehow vindicated for doing this

:agreed: it will be the most Italian thing if we get to the final or win it complaining and screaming the whole way about how bad the team is.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Gigi Galli posted:

:agreed: it will be the most Italian thing if we get to the final or win it complaining and screaming the whole way about how bad the team is.

Wasn't that how 2012 went?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

dex_sda posted:

Wasn't that how 2012 went?

Nah we had a better team on paper and Balo was still a big deal.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
seems italy are the only team who know how to defend

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Gigi Galli posted:

Nah we had a better team on paper and Balo was still a big deal.

The team was better but I think you massively overestimate by how much

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/CI_OfficialPage/status/742478900392034304/video/1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

dex_sda posted:

The team was better but I think you massively overestimate by how much

Im looking at the team sheet and you're totally right, lol. I guess it is the same then.

Lmao, that's his girlfriend making fun of him too

• Locked thread