Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007
It's only the end of the world.

Catching up now. This clown is a loving nightmare. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Last week of auditions allegedly. And there's a guy with a theremin. Better than a singer for sure.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Sorry for the double post, but we get a twofer of judge cuts this week. 20 acts a night, 7 go to the live shows. Guest judges have one more gold buzzer. Tonight is Ne-Yo, tomorrow is Reba. Expect two more singers for the gold buzzers.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
That dude fucks his puppets.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Oh my god that guy's head :stare:

I've heard of you...says their son.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Football magician is far and away my favorite act.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
I hope he can bring better magic in the future. While I'm glad a magician is in and not a singer, I've seen that trick done by a few other magicians. Here's hoping for Hara.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The balance guy is pretty cool. Lots of tension.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Yes, singers starting to go home :sever:

...and then they send the loving inspirational acts both through gently caress

No more singers. No loving more. Gonna go purge with Rage.

...though maybe the inspirational acts will have to fight to the death in the live shows? Anyway, more tomorrow, and hopefully more variety acts.

somekindofguy fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jul 13, 2016

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

11 year old white rapper. no

no

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

11 year old white rapper. no

no

That's my main problem with this show. None of the judges have the balls to tell that girl "if anyone else had done that same performance we would have X'd them right out of here"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The judges frequently let through acts that they know won't survive the live shows so they don't have to crush them.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

The judges frequently let through acts that they know won't survive the live shows so they don't have to crush them.

But then America votes them through because we are collectively awful.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's the problem with these drat foreign judges. They don't know America.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

Even though it was pretty obvious how the kid magicians trick worked (switched with Sis behind the suitcases on the right and you could kinda see mirrors under the center table when the camera cut to above the stage) I didn't see the switch and appearance coming and his performance was great. I haven't finished yet but I hope he goes through.

As always I loved Brundage the Rubix wizard. No idea how he does those split second solves aside from fantastic sleight of hand. As for the card corner I assume it's a memorization trick and that there's a limited selection of cards in the deck that map to certain corners or pieces of a gimmicked cube. A very cool trick.

Victorkm fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jul 14, 2016

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
I actually thought the Rubik's cube magician was the best act if the night. I was pretty shocked. I'm kind of wondering if there was something we don't know about.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Aw hell, Brundage got the axe? and we get a kid rapper in the live shows? Great.

Pray for wild cards.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

somekindofguy posted:

Aw hell, Brundage got the axe? and we get a kid rapper in the live shows? Great.

Pray for wild cards.

Kid rapper didn't go through did she?

It was the other chick, who I thought was a singer?

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy
Kid rapper did not go through. Kid country singer did. Rubik's Cube dude got hosed, hope he's a wildcard.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

did Juji go through

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I am going to miss Rubik's Cube guy. I have a feeling Howie fought to keep him out because "he doesn't have enough stage presence" or whatever

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

Ehud posted:

I am going to miss Rubik's Cube guy. I have a feeling Howie fought to keep him out because "he doesn't have enough stage presence" or whatever

Betting he's a wild card. Not a lot of cut acts so far that have been better.

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!

Ehud posted:

I tend to disagree with everything Howie says 100% of the time (and his 'stage presence' comment is an example). Usually there is one stupid bone-headed act that he obsesses over and so far it looks like that hasn't happened this year. I still miss Howard, I think he has been the best judge so far but Simon's pretty good too. Heidi and Mel are basically useless though and exist to react to Simon/Howie more than judge the acts.
So far I have agreed with the judges on who goes to the live shows. It's when America starts voting that the good acts get eliminated over who has the biggest sob-story.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

What was the reason Howard isn't a judge anymore?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Piers was the best judge, even if the man himself is garbage.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What was the reason Howard isn't a judge anymore?

The schedule was too much.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Ay, getting more lively in here. Week 2 of the judge cuts tonight, and we get George Lopez. And probably more singers.

Also, did you know that there are only seven spots?

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I just think that Heidi is a lovely person.

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007

I know "everything's riding on this" is supposed to be inspirational and all, but maybe don't quit your job and put all your hopes at the whim of random Twitter users who vote for contestants on a goofy-rear end talent show that once had a bunch of dogs win it?

They were pretty talented dogs, though. :woof:

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

I really hope Tape Face makes it through. He's so fun to me.

Edit: I wonder if he is a former Blue Man. He has the stare going and the refusal to speak.

Victorkm fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jul 20, 2016

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Anyone who sings loving Creep should be thrown out on their rear end. gently caress that stupid rear end song.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

A Big Dark Yak posted:

I know "everything's riding on this" is supposed to be inspirational and all, but maybe don't quit your job and put all your hopes at the whim of random Twitter users who vote for contestants on a goofy-rear end talent show that once had a bunch of dogs win it?

They were pretty talented dogs, though. :woof:

I agree it's pretty dumb to bet your livelihood but goddamn I rather enjoyed both of Malevo's auditions so I hope it works out for them.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Did they really have to finish on the creep guy? It's nice he got the room silent, and it wasn't bad, but the Radiohead fan in me isn't blown away. Now if he did No Surprises...

I look forward to this guy stealing several spots from the more interesting act, though I'll see if he gets more interesting.

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007

Oh yeah, it was a real nailbiter on which one of those last two they'd pick . . .

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

Why is Sam Morrill on AGT? He's a pretty big comic.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Victorkm posted:

Why is Sam Morrill on AGT? He's a pretty big comic.

You don't have to be an amateur.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

Of course not, but when you've already had a comedy central half-hour and a last comic standing season, and are probably on a first name basis with Howie Mandel and George Lopez and doing a set that you've been perfecting for years it just seems silly.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Myq Kaplan was on recently too, and he had also been on LCS, and had his own Comedy Central and Netflix specials.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

Aphrodite posted:

Myq Kaplan was on recently too, and he had also been on LCS, and had his own Comedy Central and Netflix specials.

Yeah. I felt the same way about him.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
Tapeface has had success prior to this and the same goes for Piff from last season. It's exposure and a lot of it so it makes sense career wise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
I think Mel B is an ok judge, Howie is hit or miss, especially when he latches on to some really garbage acts as previously mentioned.

Simon Cowell has definitely gotten alot more polite since the 1st season of American Idol, I think having a kid softened him up.

• Locked thread