Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

If I see someone wandering around with homemade scribbled signs and yelling, and they are not with a bunch of other people with homemade scribbled signs and yelling, then they are not part of a protest or anything and I will assume they are probably extremely mentally ill

Yeah and just avoid them. Why get community service/a ticket/ put in jail for hitting them when you can just walk away. Post a video on youtube of what a fucktard they are, but still get to sleep in your own bed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
This wasn't just some guy making one off handed comment. He was going out of his way to consistently antagonize people and spout really horrible poo poo. People have limits. That's reality.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Roylicious posted:

gently caress that. I mean alright don't kill him or put him in the ER but a beating seems warranted.

im not saying he deserves to be raped, but im definitely saying that he deserves to be brutally and insanely owned with a baseball bat

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Roylicious posted:

lol I'm pretty sure it is you who are not living in the real world with statements like this.

:ironicat:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

RedMage129 posted:

This wasn't just some guy making one off handed comment. He was going out of his way to consistently antagonize people and spout really horrible poo poo. People have limits. That's reality.

And people go to jail for hitting people, that's reality too

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I dunno man, just saying, most folks don't get a weapon and beat somebody with it 'cause they don't agree with what they're saying. This isn't a political issue really, it's like...uh...don't beat people with baseball bats.

Okay but that's fine I'm not saying this is a good thing to be normalized.

I'm simply saying if you are intent on being a massive fuckwad then you shouldn't be surprised if someone decides to give you a good thrashing. Also if you are going around saying women deserve to get raped then you should maybe get punched in the face. I'm not saying the state should come in and start imposing restrictions on speech or making it fine to attack people you don't agree with in general or whatever the hell.

And yeah the baseball bat was excessive but to be fair the dude looks fine and she is a girl.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

RedMage129 posted:

And nations have laws. This too, is reality.

I'm confident a lawyer could get her off on extreme emotional duress or something, but it shouldn't be standard procedure to go attack people who say poo poo you don't like. Y'know, Trump rallies and stuff? You look worse than they do when you show up and start a ruckus.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Best Giraffe posted:

im not saying he deserves to be raped, but im definitely saying that he deserves to be brutally and insanely owned with a baseball bat

Yeah but is there any greater ownage than rape? I think not...

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I like how you all have apparently never actually been out on a busy weekend when drunk people get into a scuffle and the police (if they even come) just go 'alright fellas' and at most give a slap on the wrist unless things were really out of hand.

The courts are not your school principal suspending everyone involved no matter what and the police have tons of discretion they can exercise. People get into fights in the USA without having to go to jail or get a felony. It's okay, guys, this is reality.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

notZaar posted:

The problem isn't the preaching weirdos, it's the crowds that legitimize and engage them. The only way to beat people like this is to pretend they don't exist. Same tactics as for net trolls.

Except its not the only way to beat them, as evidenced by all the places that successfully beat them with a method that doesn't require the general public to put up with their poo poo.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Lmao girl is forking out at least $10g in legal fees if she wants to get off without felonies.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
Besides can't I be happy that this dude got beat up and at the same time think this girl hosed up and she shouldn't have done that?

Defiance
Jan 1, 2008

by Deplorable exmarx
:nws: http://i.imgur.com/qDLeL2J.jpg :nms:

Goatse

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Roylicious posted:

And yeah the baseball bat was excessive but to be fair the dude looks fine and she is a girl.

So you're saying she couldn't do any damage with a metal bat because she's a girl? Now who's the piece of poo poo?

This guy is the Westboro Baptist Church, Solo Version. Should've just ignored him until he went away.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Roylicious posted:

Besides can't I be happy that this dude got beat up and at the same time think this girl hosed up and she shouldn't have done that?

Apparently not. It's very important to many people here that you sternly shake your finger at this girl.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Really I don't know what some people are so upset about. It's not like a blow to the head could make this guy more retarded, and the world would be an objectively better place if he had died. So at worst this whole thing was harmless and at best it could have done some real good. Where's the issue????

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

notZaar posted:

The problem isn't the preaching weirdos, it's the crowds that legitimize and engage them. The only way to beat people like this is to pretend they don't exist. Same tactics as for net trolls.

or they could just arrest him

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaplinsky_v._New_Hampshire

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

They're both idiots and in the wrong but only one of them broke a law as far as I can tell while the other is utterly disgusting so I guess basically my stance is "fuckin lol"

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

Roylicious posted:

Happiness at people being hurt indicates deep psychological issues I recommend you cheer up and go through life with a pale gaze of indifference towards everything

Agentdark
Dec 30, 2007
Mom says I'm the best painter she's ever seen. Jealous much? :hehe:
Yeah, sort of wish the guy had died. Or was made a moron so any people who support his views had to pay for him.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

ArtIsResistance posted:

Happiness at people being hurt indicates deep psychological issues I recommend you cheer up and go through life with a pale gaze of indifference towards everything

Pff whatever. He isn't badly injured and I don't wish that on him.

Caper posted:

So you're saying she couldn't do any damage with a metal bat because she's a girl? Now who's the piece of poo poo?

This guy is the Westboro Baptist Church, Solo Version. Should've just ignored him until he went away.

Uh no I'm saying women have less muscle mass and strength than men on average so a bat in a 150lb girl's hands isn't the same as a bat in a 250lb frat boy's hands.

Pretty easy for the man who hasn't been raped to say 'just ignore it' though lol.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
Just kinda hilarious how fast people come out of the woodwork to defend a white male getting clocked for being a total fuckwad but a black dude gets killed by the state for no reason and people make up all kinds of justifications for why that's okay.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Roylicious posted:

If you were Jewish and he was constantly harping about how the Jews deserved the holocaust and we need to do it again and yada yada and you ended up punching him in the face, I wouldn't fault you for it.

Should you ignore it? Yeah probably. Are you a violent psychopath if you don't? Nah.

You might be a violent psychopath if you painstakingly plan his murder in a way that guarantees you can get away with it, and then actually do that, but I think that might be a lil too harsh. Maybe just break his kneecaps yknow?

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

ArtIsResistance posted:

"Person"? "Hurt"? Im pretty sure the clinically brain dead can't feel pain. This is why science education is so important!

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
that you whore shirt is actually pretty cool, where can I get one?

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

Roylicious posted:

Pff whatever. He isn't badly injured and I don't wish that on him.
Your problem is that you're not crazy enough and you reply, like if THIS guy replied to posts calling him a psycho

Agentdark posted:

Yeah, sort of wish the guy had died. Or was made a moron so any people who support his views had to pay for him.

that'd be good because he actually IS a psycho but unfortunately these things don't happen

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Roylicious posted:

Just kinda hilarious how fast people come out of the woodwork to defend a white male getting clocked for being a total fuckwad but a black dude gets killed by the state for no reason and people make up all kinds of justifications for why that's okay.

But dude, he had burglary tools* in high school!

*Mini-screwdriver from an eyeglasses repair kit.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

fyodor posted:

Get this, if women sleep around more that means the odds are HIGHER that you will get to gently caress a woman. That's just science.

I want to have sex with one (1) woman.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
now if you'll excuse me I have a fire locked away in my bone

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
am i offending women more than i am showing my support if i say i really wish that the baseball bat that hit the horrible idiot in the face was swung by a man instead

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i was hoping this was that politician in brazil who told a fellow politician that she didn't even deserve to be raped, except the only people who play baseball there are japanese

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

Just to clarify, the girl is definitely an idiot, for assaulting him, in a way that led to consequences for her. Short sighted as gently caress!!!!

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I think I'm going to change my position to 'AZ is a hellhole nothing going on there is good' that seems better.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
He was crazy and he kept screaming, "You deserve to be raped!" And then he ran into my baseball bat.
He ran into my baseball bat ten times.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

extra stout posted:

am i offending women more than i am showing my support if i say i really wish that the baseball bat that hit the horrible idiot in the face was swung by a man instead

A women's softball player at least. Those chicks are beasts.

Or maybe she does play softball and that was literally the best she could do?

Defiance
Jan 1, 2008

by Deplorable exmarx

Y-Hat posted:

i was hoping this was that politician in brazil who told a fellow politician that she didn't even deserve to be raped, except the only people who play baseball there are japanese

Japanese rape might not be as bad because of smaller dong size

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

extra stout posted:

I wish it had been swung by that gorilla that was just shot

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
i guess i am late to the party on the argument about women swinging baseball bats. it is absolutely retarded to pretend that's offensive when any anecdotal or statistical comparison of the players of softball vs baseball would settle this or we could reflect on the changes made to softball or why it exists at all

it is not rude to say that i support women's right not to be raped so much that the man deserved to be hit with a baseball bat in the kind of way that hits 518 foot home runs and not the kind of way that looks like he tripped and hit his computer chair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Defiance posted:

Japanese rape might not be as bad because of smaller dong size

Based on my documentary research, tentacles can come in many varieties of size

• Locked thread