Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which game are you excited for this month?
Yes
No
Only two times a day
View Results

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

precision posted:

I didn't much like the last one :\

Got my copy of The Ice-Bound Compendium in the mail. Haven't been this stoked to play something in a good long while

edit: edit is not quote, or however the saying goes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I was just browsing through my Steam list, so many of my games are sequels, like 50%

Proof that video games as an art form are dead?

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks
Yall ever play Mounting Bleed? It's like a LARP only a video game. A real company should rip that game off to make a similar game that doesn't look like poo poo.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Jay Rust posted:

I was just browsing through my Steam list, so many of my games are sequels, like 50%

Proof that video games as an art form are dead?

proof that you buy a lot of sequels

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Everything's Great at Your June Thread

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
June Glitches & Bugs

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Hell, if you Reach Out to the Truth with your friends, you may find reasons to fight on.

Is that game really cheap yet bc it looked like something that'd be a blast to play but not worth $60
It should hit 64% on everything in the next sale. That is good enough.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
June Bugs & Hype

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I love summer. E3, Euro 2016, Olympics, baseball, and Summer Games Done Quick

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1aVWmxQ2sU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Everything's Great at Your June Thread

I like it

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4Znf99KRlQ
The full playsets are somehow more disappointing and involving.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
At first I thought the enthusiastic "Imagine!" part of the tagline was tied to the "All parts are made in the USA" thing. Like, "Imagine! Everything you see here WASN'T exported by poor suffering factory workers in China! Just imagine it!"

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Sneakums
Nov 27, 2007
MAXIMUM.SNEAK.

no option for sonic characters

thank god

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

corn in the bible posted:

The past! History! Who cares!? What are YOU excited about for this month?

HoI 4! I'm looking forward to a game that will be OK on release and pretty good three years from now.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Finally, the Sonic and Looney Toons crossover I've always wanted

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
We'll finally find out who is faster, taz the tasmanian devil, road the runner, sonic the hedgehog, or speedy the mexican

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

corn in the bible posted:

Videogames! Some love them. Some hate them. Do you? What is your motivation?

Big Games coming out this month:

Hearts of Iron 4!
The Witcher 4!
Team Fortress 4!
Mario Maker 4!

Games that came out last month:

The past! History! Who cares!? What are YOU excited about for this month?

Atelier Sophie
Grand Kingdom
Odin Sphere
#FE
Zero Time Dilemma
Mirrors Edge

Gonna be an expensive month.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

The only game that matters in June is the new Sherlock Holmes. You know it baby.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh poo poo I forgot about that too, ugh

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Also Mirror's Edge is going to own. It will flop on PC because people only use Origin for Battlefield and FIFA and it's not a big enough deal like Mass Effect.

EA doesn't care about circumventing regional pricing too so it'll be cheap to find.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I think all I want this month is Zero Time Dilemma cause god drat that ending to Virtue's Last Reward.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

8-Bit Scholar posted:

So who else is excited for game of the year #FE: Tokyo Mirage Sessions? I know I will be slamming and jamming with my hip idol pals and all my favorite characters from the Fire Emblems and the Shin Megami Tensei Personas! Too cool for one screen to handle; lucky the Wii U's got two.
Huh, I mistakenly thought that was much further out. It looks batshit insane, I hope I can at least catch someone streaming it or something

Unfunny Poster posted:

Making fun of E3 will be entertaining. Will there be an E3 thread or will we just use this thread?
I am sure there will be plenty of TV IV style threads that are entirely useless unless you're watching live :smith:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

precision posted:

I didn't much like the last one :\
You should listen to it again, because both Julia and its companion EP City Wrecker are full of extremely good songs. Daughter of a Dove might be the best thing Krug has recorded.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

I hope they show the new Zelda and more of the robot dinosaur game from last E3.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Real missed opportunity to have a short where Kimishima walks in on Reggie and Miyamoto putting together a Nintendo brickfilm, and flips the table over, demanding they get back to serious work. Then he straightens his tie and addresses the audience.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The PS4 port of Resi 5 is out in June too :suicide:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Spergminer posted:

I hope they show the new Zelda and more of the robot dinosaur game from last E3.

What was the robot dinosaur game, I remember seeing it and it looked neat but what they showed was obviously super scripted for e3 reasons so hopefully if they show it again they'll have a demo or something

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Playing all of last year's hits in the month of June. Witcher 3 here I come.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

So who else is excited for game of the year #FE: Tokyo Mirage Sessions? I know I will be slamming and jamming with my hip idol pals and all my favorite characters from the Fire Emblems and the Shin Megami Tensei Personas! Too cool for one screen to handle; lucky the Wii U's got two.

Hell yeah bro

I got the special edition and the game comes out a day before my birthday. I'm pretty hype.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Game not included

It includes a temporary tattoo of the game's logo though, yipes.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
If I can pry myself back away from Monster Hunter 4 long enough to finish Fire Emblem Fates before July, I'll probably treat myself to the new Kirby as a little palate cleanser before new Monster Hunter comes out and dominates my free time forever.

edit: ITT I pretend like I don't also have an obscene backlog in my Steam library

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

One of these days I'm going to take a photo of my game collection (90% of which I've never beaten) and show people what an actual backlog looks like

I'd have to pick them up off the floor first though.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

What was the robot dinosaur game, I remember seeing it and it looked neat but what they showed was obviously super scripted for e3 reasons so hopefully if they show it again they'll have a demo or something

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horizon_Zero_Dawn

It's supposed to come out this year, but we haven't heard anything since last E3

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
There are some games I've more or less dropped from my backlog (Last Story, Zone of the Enders 1, JoJo All-Star Battle) but I do try to beat every game I start

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I am not excited about games, but thanks for asking.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Paladinus posted:

I am not excited about games, but thanks for asking.

Then gtfo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Christ for $210 just give them the drat game too

• Locked thread