Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which game are you excited for this month?
Yes
No
Only two times a day
View Results

• Locked thread
Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Rude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Golden Goat posted:

I think all I want this month is Zero Time Dilemma cause god drat that ending to Virtue's Last Reward.

I kinda wanna replay 999/VLR before I start ZTD but I remember them being pretty long

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

999 probably isn't that bad if you just do the stuff you need for the true ending, VLR would be worse but at least you can skip the puzzles if you're replaying.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I actually never player 999. I'll get around to it sometime but otherwise the summary for it I got was decent enough to cover some parts of VLR that I missed.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

VLR would be a new file because I loved the structure of it, also the last time I played it was 3 years ago. 999 was relatively recent and I remember it only has the one "canon" path so I bet I could blaze through it (if I could find my cart...). When does ZTD come out again?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

CrashCat posted:

Christ for $210 just give them the drat game too
Apparently the game is included so I dunno wtf that pic is about.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In Training posted:

VLR would be a new file because I loved the structure of it, also the last time I played it was 3 years ago. 999 was relatively recent and I remember it only has the one "canon" path so I bet I could blaze through it (if I could find my cart...). When does ZTD come out again?

June 28th on handhelds, I think the Steam version is like a week later?

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
Gonna spend too much time playing the new Path of Exile league that starts on Friday.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Palpek posted:

we shoulda had this one instead

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax

Palpek posted:

My guess from a quick google is that EB Games Canada is selling the collector's edition as a separate item that you purchase with the regular game, and it costs $210 canadollars.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

also that statue looks good until you see their faces :gonk:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Stay safe, friends, and may you all have a good morning and a good rest of the day :)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What was the other recent-ish special edition that didn't come with the game? I'm thinking a Halo or CoD

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CrashCat posted:

Hello darkness my old friend

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Stay safe, friends, and may you all have a good morning and a good rest of the day :)

May you have a good gaming day friend.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm going to try and beat Casltevania the Adventure ReBirth today but Stage 5 has been kinda tough.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/273932/Mojang_bars_companies_and_politicians_from_promoting_themselves_in_Minecraft.php

no seriously guys, we have enough money, stop throwing it at us. stahp. no you can't put a pixel shaped Prius in this game what are you doing

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Skeezy posted:

May you have a good gaming day friend.

I hope to

I am playing letter quest at the moment and having fun with it, it is a good bookworm adventures copycat :)

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

CrashCat posted:

we shoulda had this one instead

lmao

CrashCat posted:

The thing that I'm taking from this is that there's a kid Faith chapter in the game and those always suck.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

http://time.com/4347768/skylanders-imaginators-paul-reiche/

I guess Skylanders is becoming Spore too, now that No Man's Sky made it popular

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Palpek posted:

The thing that I'm taking from this is that there's a kid Faith chapter in the game and those always suck.

that would be a weird thing to just inject out of nowhere in a decidedly open world game, fits more with Uncharted chapter based games.

I loved the first ME so getting the sequel at all is a dream come true, even if there were issues I had with the navigation poo poo in the beta I hope they fix. Also very excited for Grand Kingdom, and Odinsphere. Will be nice to put something new in the Vita.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
eh

HMS Boromir fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Aug 2, 2016

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh also the big headline for June is that they're adding the SMB3 sun to Mario Maker finally

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CrashCat posted:

http://time.com/4347768/skylanders-imaginators-paul-reiche/

I guess Skylanders is becoming Spore too, now that No Man's Sky made it popular

Man I don't even know what any of that means, my eyes just kinda glazed over trying to read it. I'm guessing they're going for a kinda lego dimensions thing where you can customize some poo poo or something.

lol at this bit tho

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

FirstAidKite posted:

Man I don't even know what any of that means, my eyes just kinda glazed over trying to read it. I'm guessing they're going for a kinda lego dimensions thing where you can customize some poo poo or something.

lol at this bit tho

This quote is amazing. It's some real Poe's Law poo poo. It reads like exactly how a jaded millennial would assume a person who markets, but doesn't play, video games would talk about characters that they designed via committee.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

In Training posted:

Oh also the big headline for June is that they're adding the SMB3 sun to Mario Maker finally

holy poo poo please tell me this is real

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

MinibarMatchman posted:

I, too, want to watch Game Grumps suffer through 8 hours of Sun levels.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

MinibarMatchman posted:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

http://www.gamesradar.com/dishonored-2-testers-are-already-combining-powers-in-ways-arkane-hadnt-predicted/

can't wait for my very own exploding doppleganger

MinibarMatchman posted:

yeah no lie we need that sun, he's an rear end in a top hat and should lead to even more rear end in a top hat levels

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

deadly_pudding posted:

This quote is amazing. It's some real Poe's Law poo poo. It reads like exactly how a jaded millennial would assume a person who markets, but doesn't play, video games would talk about characters that they designed via committee.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

FirstAidKite posted:

lol at this bit tho

10 minutes into an internal Activision presentation on the current development state of Skylanders.

Creative director Paul Reiche in full Far Cry 3 Vaas cosplay: Do you know the definition of insanity?

After a dramatic pause Reiche takes out a candy axe he was hiding all this time behind his back.

Activision CEO Eric Hirshberg: *non-ironically reenects the first half of Vince McMahon reaction gif*

Creative director Paul Reiche in full Far Cry 3 Vaas cosplay: *presents a cartoony replica of a heavy metal harp he was holding in his other hand. grins villainously*

Activision CEO Eric Hirshberg: *falls off his leather executive chair*

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

FirstAidKite posted:

lol at this bit tho

i can't wait for shadow the skylander

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Apparently you're going to put a character together from loot you pick up, so instead of armor you get actual chunks of your character or something?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Aw man, I somehow did not notice this thread last night. I'll close mine even though I like my OP and title better. I know when I've been beat :(

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

axleblaze posted:

Aw man, I somehow did not notice this thread last night. I'll close mine even though I like my OP and title better. I know when I've been beat :(
We can use it when Corn suddenly pulls a Stux mid month. All according to keikaku

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Well that's certainly darker in that he's wearing dark clothes and makeup.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I'll just restate the things I said you should remember in my op:

1) every game that looks cool at e3 will either be bad or never come out
2) that game you like is probably actually really anime and on that topic...
3) a new guilty gear, a new star ocean, tokyo mirage sessions , a remake of odin sphere and maybe even zero escape 3 are coming out this month
4) also a new kirby is coming out but that's not very anime
5) also a new mirror's edge and mighty number 9 are coming out but :lol:
6) you'll probably just be playing overwatch anyways because it's really good

and most importantly
6) games are cool and fun

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The PS4 game where you're a red-haired cavewoman hunting down robots in the future looks cool, unfortunately I do not think I will ever get a PS4.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Mirror's Edge will surprise everybody and will actually own. I have a hunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

exquisite tea posted:

The PS4 game where you're a red-haired cavewoman hunting down robots in the future looks cool, unfortunately I do not think I will ever get a PS4.

You should. it's p cool and you can play bloodborne on it

• Locked thread