Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which game are you excited for this month?
Yes
No
Only two times a day
View Results

• Locked thread
Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

axleblaze posted:

5) also a new mirror's edge and mighty number 9 are coming out but :lol:

I thought MN9 got delayed again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

CJacobs posted:

Found a guy on Craigslist selling his PS3, 3 controllers, and a shitload of games for $160. The PS3 looks like it's in great shape and I could use the spare controllers. Trying out Demon's Souls on PS Now made me wanna play it for real very badly. :v:

edit: Here's the full list of games copied/pasted right from the listing

The only games in there I own are the Uncharteds on my PS4 so it's definitely a net gain for me.

That sounds like a stolen PS3 with the price and the amount of sealed copies.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I'm legitimately shocked Konami has someone staffing an English twitter account. Pachinko doesn't sell on the states, so why bother?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

corn in the bible posted:

there is a bof 6

Please don't remind me citb, it still hurts :(

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Guy Mann posted:

I had to stop listening to CoolGames Inc once Griffin thought that his ironic vore fetish was comedy gold and new episodes ended up being him moaning and slurping into the microphone about how great a game where Shrek eats you would be.

That puts the amiibo corner and his Mario level into a gross new light.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I don't like yookalaylee's design, though. it would be betetr with some sort of bird, and a bear perhaps

Internet scuttlebutt says Rare is working on a new Banjo game to spite Playtonics

I don't believe that for a second though, Microsoft never does anything with their IPs.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Whoever let that line go through should be fired, because now I have to read/hear about gamergate and lovely anime.

Mordja posted:

I thought the reason they didn't release XCOM 2 on consoles in the first place was because nobody bought the first game on PS3/360?

Yeah, I thought this too. I don't know why they would bother.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Phantasium posted:

IGA is god.

Iga is going to finish and put out Bloodstained before mighty number 9 launches at this point

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah it sucks when people make inaccurate blanket statements about stuff you like

Nice.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Well, half a game

Now that walking sims and psychological horror is in vogue you could probably do a horror walking thing around inferno. It'd be hard to gently caress up.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

House of Leaves

Make sure the roof is the correct size or you'll have a House of Eaves

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Hey thread! Tell me your expectations for the big 3 conferences as well as your hopes!
Microsoft / Sony / Nintendo
What will we see? What do you want to see? I wanna know!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Tortoiseburger posted:

Microsoft: No clue, but hopefully an explanation of what their future plans are. Maybe they'll start making pc/console hybrids that just run windows 10. Will probably have the premiere of Dead Rising 4, even though it'll likely be multiplat.

Sony: PS4K, Deep Down, Last Guardian, Kingdom Hearts 3, FFXV, Probably an actual gameplay walkthrough of Horizon Zero Dawn where they show off actual mechanics and crafting, maybe more of their VR thing.

Nintendo: Zelda, Mario, Monster Hunter, New Handheld and/or NX.

Didn't Nintendo say there would be no NX at the show? Other than that i'm liking your predictions!

Real hurthling! posted:

my bets

Microsoft - attempts at providing clarity on wtf xbox will be going forward and a reason to buy into their hardware if they really are going 100% pc support. A few new games, more trailers for the games they announced years ago and still haven't made.

Sony - a case will be made to get people to buy into vr possible AAA attempts at vr games may finally make an appearance. a huge price drop on ps4 to soften the blow of ps4k, many new games

Nintendo - Zelda and Pokemon

I'm really liking this Microsoft prediction. I predict this prediction 100% accurate.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I was never able to beat this on Master :(

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm gonna leave for an anime convention in like 5 hours and I only just realized that I should have totally dressed up as this random motherfucker from the Fuan no Tane horror manga thing

Fuan no Tane can be pretty hit or miss since pretty much all of it is just "random stuff that may or may not be creepy" and a lot of them just kinda end without any real resolution, for better or for worse, like that one ending right with him just shouting "LET'S PLAY" over and over

"Eyewitness" is one that has always stuck with me, for years. Something about it just gets me.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm sore as gently caress right now, bruised and all scratched up. How's everybody doing tonight?

e3e3e3e3

did you fight someone over titanfall

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

No I had a seizure and fell off the bed and scraped up my knee and feet and bruised by arm and chest

:( sorry fak...

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

AR and VR both have a lot of interesting practical applications, it's just that consumer versions tend to be either cost limited or in the case of games unable to deal with real world movement.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Stop and Turn and Signal To The Right

Now stop and turn the signal to the left

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

bloodychill posted:

Welp, getting on a plane. Better make sure I have the new Senran Kagura game locked and loaded on my Vita and ready to go.

You're gonna be put on a list

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Rexroom posted:

Reviews for Mighty No. 9 are out. It's... average.

5.5 is a whole lot worse than average

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Jun 20, 2016

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I think that the Crash Bandicoot remasters will look weird; crash doesn't look right when he's not polygonal.

I kinda wish companies would be more willing to leave in the blocky polygonal look, just with updated / cleaner textures and wide-screen support.

CJacobs posted:

I find it strange that it's the first time call of duty is doing something interesting and new for the series in a very long time

and yet this has been the response

That was for the original trailer which made it seem like ghosts 2 : ghosts in space

The reaction to the e3 demo was much much better, given that they show off some of the actual interesting combat and plane sections.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

CJacobs posted:

I hope the overall response doesn't end up being lukewarm, I would like a call of duty game that revitalizes mutliplayer shooters some instead of just being a call of duty game

The movement options they've added in the latest games have absolutely changed those games for the better: I cannot imagine playing a Call of Duty without the jump jets / slides. Going back to WW2 or whatever would be a real bad move imo but with people starting to burn out on future combat I'm not sure where they can go next

Maybe ww2, but there are aliens and your guy steals an alien rocket pack or whatever

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Guy Mann posted:

Mighty No 9 has a bunch of voiced cutscenes but there's no actual facial animation so it's just people with blank expressions gesturing in a loop. And it ends with a sequel hook.

http://i.imgur.com/mWSXZrD.gifv

This game raised enough money with one Kickstarter to make four Katamari Damacys.

I mean that was to be expected given how hard Inafune has been pushing for this to become a franchise, what with the cartoon, but :lol: the stones on that dude

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

I wish I had the amount of money notch had, and then used it to try to improve the lives of other people to the best of my ability

If I was in Notch's shoes i'd probably make an indie publishing house for games

and then build a bunch of schools and hospitals in poor countries and have them named after me

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Looper posted:

the aesthetic is kinda garbage but the reworked COs make it overall much more well-designed than Dual Strike and I like it more than 2 (though this is a minority opinion). the writing is pretty funny too thanks to the strategy room meetings

1 is still my favorite tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PozExjMlJxQ

Days of Ruin is trash and Waylon is a piece of poo poo

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Looper posted:

waylon owns brother man

Maybe if you're playing him, I remember his co power being really loving irritating to deal with

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

:eyepop:

That gif is amazing

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I wish there were more business management games out there.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

LawfulWaffle posted:

Describe your ideal business management game, please. Something along the lines of Aerobiz?

Absolutely, Aerobiz rules. The Tycoon series is also good, if less complicated.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

The capitalism series is also good, as is Reccetear for a newer more anime game. Prison architect is also good and fun.
I've heard advertcity is good, and I've had my eye on big pharma for a while.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

how are you surprised by this? have you just not seen any footage of it ever

http://www.vg247.com/2016/06/21/keiji-inafune-says-mighty-no-9s-launch-version-is-better-than-nothing/

quote:

“The reality is they put everything into making this game,” Inafune explained on a livestream. “They didn’t try to microtransaction it out, they didn’t try to DLC it out for extra money. They put it all in. So, for now, this is what you see and what you get, for the Mighty No. 9 world. But, again, we can hope that if things go well, there’ll be sequels. Because I’ll tell you what, I’m not getting my 2D side-scrolling fill. And at the end of the day, even if it’s not perfect, it’s better than nothing. At least, that’s my opinion.”

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

It's incredibly rude to paint the project lead as a con man just because the game didn't turn out the way you want.

Maybe it's because he tried to franchise the game before it even launched

Or started a second nostalgia based kickstarter before the game for the first one came out (I don't remember if this was before or after the first delay)

Hey maybe it was the second kickstarter for mn9 that might be coloring his opinion on the matter

Or the fact that when the game finally came out his summation of it was "it's better than nothing"

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Phantasium posted:

He didn't actually say this, btw

https://www.destructoid.com/sad-mighty-no-9-livestream-caps-off-inafune-s-wild-ride-370069.phtml

It was from the last live stream they did.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Quest For Glory II posted:

man you just cant win with entitlement culture. it's like, you have to actually make good games now. what the gently caress

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Strong Sauce posted:

oh poo poo lol its the dude who puts up those terrible gaming songs. ok. got me.

Silvagunner is a classic, god bless him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVzD5YBPMYk

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jun 22, 2016

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

auuuuugh :stonk:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

codenameFANGIO posted:

iirc they also tried to record themselves setting a comic book store on fire with a friend's help but it has been literally years since I have heard anything else about this person. I think they just kinda had a huge mental breakdown and worried a lot of people and disappeared.
Pictures for sad children is the one you're thinking of.

The domain lapsed and I don't think anyone has heard from Campbell since.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Quest For Glory II posted:

Blades of Time: i remember when this game and X-Blades used to be popular to poo poo on at SA prior to the Anime Game Deluge, but it's pretty fun?? god of war sword combat + over-the-shoulder shooting, i'm into it

I realized blades of time was cool when I was able to kill the first boss in literally ten seconds by abusing the time power to have eighteen of me attacking him at once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I wish home front was cheaper, I'd pick it up for a tenner I think. I love janky games.

• Locked thread