Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which game are you excited for this month?
Yes
No
Only two times a day
View Results

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

Guilty Gear XRD Revelator

This, I'm curious about Hearts of Iron 4 and I just picked up MGSV PC on the sale so I might play that again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't make fun of E3, it's my favorite time of year for video game stuff.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's also a new JoJo game that has a demo out now but I don't know if it's actually good or not.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Everything's Great at Your June Thread

I like it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Golden Goat posted:

I think all I want this month is Zero Time Dilemma cause god drat that ending to Virtue's Last Reward.

I kinda wanna replay 999/VLR before I start ZTD but I remember them being pretty long

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

VLR would be a new file because I loved the structure of it, also the last time I played it was 3 years ago. 999 was relatively recent and I remember it only has the one "canon" path so I bet I could blaze through it (if I could find my cart...). When does ZTD come out again?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm going to try and beat Casltevania the Adventure ReBirth today but Stage 5 has been kinda tough.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh also the big headline for June is that they're adding the SMB3 sun to Mario Maker finally

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

MinibarMatchman posted:

holy poo poo please tell me this is real

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Golden Goat posted:

Have they completely cut out forced combat sections? Cause if so then I could go for more Mirror's Edge.

No and they now give you XP for killing guys and you need to use the XP to buy upgrades to your jumping ability because that's what Mirror's Edge really needed.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Golden Goat posted:

I dunno, I just hated the combat in general in the first game when it was forced for a few sections.

If it were just poo poo where I can mario stomp on a guys head and keep moving then i'm good.

Oh that would be cool, like a risk/reward thing of head stomping lets you go faster through the level but if you gently caress it up you get shot to hell

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Palpek posted:

The game should change into Superhot when combat triggers. Like, certain areas are seen as combat arenas like in Batman and when you enter one time slows down, you dodge bullets in slow motion and when you kill the final thug time starts flowing again and all the poo poo that you destroyed falls down on the floor and you're off parkouring again.

This would be cool too!

Mirrors Edge sequel bums me out because the original is about 75% of the way to a really cool game and I got excited when they announced a sequel. The last thing that game needed though was the same gameplay with a Ubisoft "open world" placed on top

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Well I'd think it was that since those were the two universal complaints levied at the game, you'd think those would be the things they addressed. And I liked Mirror's Edge too. It's super frustrating at times, but there's no other game that really did what it did. Metroid Prime is really the only 3-D First Person game to do platforming well at all, but Mirror's Edge kind of hit a neat groove of skill and visual flair with how you could run and slide around rooftops. A game that emphasized that and did away with the cumbersome combat (and also maybe they shored up the level design so you'd not spend ten minutes wall jumping in cramped hallways trying to find the right piece of piping to climb on) would be a really solid, possibly groundbreaking title.

I want a whole game of the ME1 time trials DLC where they made the levels Mario Galaxy looking abstract cubes floating in space

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

i'm not going to get mirror's edge 2, or mighty number 9

Me neither but every developer diary I read about HoI4 makes me more and more interested in it. I didn't even know it existed until a few weeks ago but now I might preorder it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Wii U is the best console of this gen

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Blister posted:

Which generation? Wii U struggles with 2 player dynasty warriors

That's a strange way to qualify a console's relative quality

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They shoulda put a Zelda costume in Bayonetta 2

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol...Linkle

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The KOFXIV one looks pretty cool.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I display my figurines

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Someone should teach Idol basic boat safety.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Joe Gillian posted:

My job is basically Fruit Ninja. Anyone else with jobs that are also video games?

Hatred

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

MinibarMatchman posted:

odinsphere demo is on ps4 hidden deep in the void. man this is pretty and fun as gently caress, don't know if I should get this on Vita anymore because now I want the big screen. definitely will opt for Vita when it comes to Grand Kingdom though.

I can't see people getting excited about WD2 or how it will get any good reviews. Ubisoft slowly but surely has been less capable of bullshitting people lately, as the cracks in poo poo like The Division are showing and stuff like Primal, Syndicate, Unity were just met with "gently caress off." Personally it would take some monumental poo poo for me to buy another 3rd person Ubi game ever again, especially when Monolith will probably make a superior AC game with Mordor 2 and Deus Ex will scratch the itch Far Cry usually tries to sate.

All of those games you listed made hundreds of millions of dollars so they're going to keep making them forever

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

MinibarMatchman posted:

pinball was basically pachinko on its side before they added flippers. even then it was banned here in NY for over 30 years to the point where a mayor participated in burning and destroying all the tables with a sledgehammer in the 40s. They didn't repeal that ban til the 70s. There are a few places in New York like Barcade that have classic pinball machines, or Modern Pinball NYC that somehow still make business.

Nintendo should try doing a pinball thing with themed tables like the digital ones on Steam. Mario Pinball was godawful but Metroid Prime pinball was actually very fun. poo poo, not doing pinball with the Wii U remote seems like a missed opportunity.

Pokemon Pinball on the GameBoy was awesome as well

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

Hearts of Iron 2 coming out soon :toot:

I know nothing about it. Hopefully it'll be possible to play as a friendly, non-genocidal, pacifist Hitler

I've been reading all the dev diaries at work during downtime and the amount of detail and decision making is giving me anxiety and the game isn't even out yet

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I dont think id want to play a souls game with added streaming lag

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Golden Goat posted:

Oh hey they released D on gog:
https://www.gog.com/game/d_the_game

Starring renown digital actress Laura!

Oh loving cool. I've been thinking of trying to get a Saturn emulator to work to play this but I generally don't like emulators. I will play this this weekend for sure

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

I've been waiting all my life for a director to make a fully first-person film (enter the void came close) so I can't fault Hardcore Henry for trying what it did, and parts of it were really incredible. The stunt work was fantastic, and people really looked like they were getting beat up and stabbed and shot.

However unfortunately the technical side of it just wasn't up to par, which made the whole thing way less enjoyable than I was hoping. Not only did the camera shake way too much when they should have tried to keep it more stable (even possibly should have used post-production image stabilization!) but the biggest problem was the focus, there's just no easy way to handle the focus in that kind of situation, so its constantly going in and out of being blurry and that kinda ruined the whole thing. :smith:

Still glad they tried though, and looking forward to camera technology improving so somebody else can give it another shot. Maybe not as an action movie but as a drama or something.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_in_the_Lake there's actually quite a few films throughout history that have done first person narrative, it's generally just an hard way to shoot a movie and still have it look interesting.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You may have seen it but if you want a cool single take film Russian Ark is pretty fantastic, as is Metal Gear Solid V - All Cutscenes [HD] - YouTube

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Paladinus posted:

Counterpoint: Russian Ark is not that good outside of its gimmick.

The idea that time travel is linked to the different physical spaces in lieu of editing for similar effect is pretty cool, and it's pretty impressive to see all the different performances unfolding and overlapping as the film continues. I like it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Sony reveal of last guardian/Shenmue 3/FF7HD was insane

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

8-Bit Scholar posted:

It was one of the best magic tricks I've seen, to show an audience next to nothing and still win the day. Did Shenmue even get properly kickstarted?

At least FF7 appears to be A Real Game, but appearances can be deceiving.

Shenmue got funded before the conference was even over, and I still believe in Last Guardian 2016

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also everything they've detailed about FF7HD in the year since has made me way more interested in it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training posted:

Oh loving cool. I've been thinking of trying to get a Saturn emulator to work to play this but I generally don't like emulators. I will play this this weekend for sure

Trip report: this game is fairly dope.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

thinking about this and lolling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_ofDyHdtxQ

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I started playing MGSV again and this game is still unbelievably good.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You're a legend in the eyes of those who live on the battlefield ... Put those nine years behind you and return, as Big Boss ... Now go! Let the legend come back to life.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I beat D but I missed one of Laura's memories this is bullcrap.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

corn in the bible posted:

Sadly Enemy Zero is very bad but D2 is good

I'm gonna at least try enemy zero but it seems really bad yea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

corn in the bible posted:

try to find the pc version, it has better graphics and framerate.

not that it matters since everything is goddamn invisible

i got the saturn version running and im about to play it. i wanted the console version so i could abuse save states if i wanted to

• Locked thread