Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which game are you excited for this month?
Yes
No
Only two times a day
View Results

• Locked thread
lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Jay Rust posted:

I was just browsing through my Steam list, so many of my games are sequels, like 50%

Proof that video games as an art form are dead?

proof that you buy a lot of sequels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

deadly_pudding posted:

I really hope Monster Hunter Generations has stupid translator jokes in it again. The entire Argosy voyage crew in MH3U was just really great.There was a palico named "Neko (Means Cat)", and the Argosy Captain said stuff like, "You need to have a keikaku! Which is a plan!"

Because of the way signal noise works on the internet, I have a hard time telling if I'm in the majority or minority by unironically enjoying all the dumb jokes that they put into localized Monster Hunter. I don't care what Guildmarm was like in the Japanese dialogs, I like the weirdo who talks to people like she's running a daycare center, and wants to gently caress a dinosaur.

I think most people don't have an opinion because they mash through all of it as quickly as possible. If it meant them coming out sooner I wouldn't mind if they left all of the dialog and flavor text untranslated.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

haha they had to wait for the author to die since he hated video games

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Jay Rust posted:

I love dogs

Here's mine

heck of a dog

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

cheers chris

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

i'm doing it

https://my.mixtape.moe/sitdsd.webm

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

The demo mostly seems like gone home but with gross stuff in it which I'm not sure anyone wanted

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I said come in! posted:

I remember this game having an absurdly huge manual.

The SimAnt manual was like a hundred pages and half of it was just a textbook about real ants, it was cool.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

you had to stop going fast by the second zone in sonic 1 because there was a ton of lava and spikes

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I thought a lot of the people responsible for burnout left criterion years ago

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

i played odin sphere today

https://my.mixtape.moe/xdmnyy.webm

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

it's also not really hard on hard unless you're underleveled but it's insanely easy to shoot 10+ levels past what stages recommend you be at

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

does velvet in odin sphere have some good option for getting behind bosses that i'm missing or is that supposed to sort of be her limitation

• Locked thread