Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which game are you excited for this month?
Yes
No
Only two times a day
View Results

• Locked thread
CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

corn in the bible posted:

Hearts of Iron 4!
The Witcher 4!
Team Fortress 4!
Mario Maker 4!
Hot Shots Fore!

no wait that was already used

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

8-Bit Scholar posted:

So who else is excited for game of the year #FE: Tokyo Mirage Sessions? I know I will be slamming and jamming with my hip idol pals and all my favorite characters from the Fire Emblems and the Shin Megami Tensei Personas! Too cool for one screen to handle; lucky the Wii U's got two.
Huh, I mistakenly thought that was much further out. It looks batshit insane, I hope I can at least catch someone streaming it or something

Unfunny Poster posted:

Making fun of E3 will be entertaining. Will there be an E3 thread or will we just use this thread?
I am sure there will be plenty of TV IV style threads that are entirely useless unless you're watching live :smith:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Christ for $210 just give them the drat game too

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Palpek posted:

Apparently the game is included so I dunno wtf that pic is about.
we shoulda had this one instead

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

also that statue looks good until you see their faces :gonk:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/273932/Mojang_bars_companies_and_politicians_from_promoting_themselves_in_Minecraft.php

no seriously guys, we have enough money, stop throwing it at us. stahp. no you can't put a pixel shaped Prius in this game what are you doing

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

http://time.com/4347768/skylanders-imaginators-paul-reiche/

I guess Skylanders is becoming Spore too, now that No Man's Sky made it popular

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

http://www.gamesradar.com/dishonored-2-testers-are-already-combining-powers-in-ways-arkane-hadnt-predicted/

can't wait for my very own exploding doppleganger

MinibarMatchman posted:

holy poo poo please tell me this is real
yeah no lie we need that sun, he's an rear end in a top hat and should lead to even more rear end in a top hat levels

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Apparently you're going to put a character together from loot you pick up, so instead of armor you get actual chunks of your character or something?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

axleblaze posted:

Aw man, I somehow did not notice this thread last night. I'll close mine even though I like my OP and title better. I know when I've been beat :(
We can use it when Corn suddenly pulls a Stux mid month. All according to keikaku

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

deadly_pudding posted:

Because of the way signal noise works on the internet, I have a hard time telling if I'm in the majority or minority by unironically enjoying all the dumb jokes that they put into localized Monster Hunter. I don't care what Guildmarm was like in the Japanese dialogs, I like the weirdo who talks to people like she's running a daycare center, and wants to gently caress a dinosaur.
Who gives a poo poo, if you enjoy game, enjoy game. Don't give a poo poo who tells you not to enjoy it, if you're not harming anyone else

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

http://www.popsci.com/mit-say-super-mario-brothers-is-hard

finally, panga can get his own MIT study

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

FirstAidKite posted:

Hello friends

I am stuck at a mcdonald's for the next 3 hours for various reasons. Luckily I have a laptop with me so that I can talk to people online and maybe play some browser games or something.

How is everybody's afternoon going?
Sounds more interesting than my day, though when my day gets interesting it's usually a bad thing. Hope you at least have a relaxing wait on those lovely hard seats

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

The Devil Tesla posted:

good guy nintendo

it's fine, all the 2015 games they didn't rerelease are still full price anyway, so it's hard to catch up

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

axleblaze posted:

every lady in OoT wanting to bone you is probably the first time Nintendo fully in an unselfaware fashion got its anime on with first party stuff
pretty much, then they just rolled on with it from then

poo poo, at this point they can't resist so much that Skyward Sword's Zelda is making doe-eyes for like half her screen time

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Stexils posted:

*banging on table* girl link girl link girl link
at least provide the gif

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

me getting ready for e3

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

August you would like this game, but I was wrong

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Jay Rust posted:

This doesn't work because TRUE gamers like all games
August you would like that title, but I was wrong

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

welp

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

It's been explained already, but it's for Canadians

https://www.ebgames.ca/Toys-Collectibles/Games/720976

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

CJacobs posted:

edit: Sorry to rain on peoples' 'ha ha look at the game that is going to be bad' parade. Mirror's Edge 2 is going to be good. namaste
if that's how you interpreted my post, I sincerely apologize

meanwhile, I find myself agreeing with Take Two, ugh send help

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/274020/TakeTwo_chief_sees_no_market_for_roomscale_VR_right_now.php

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I mean I knew it had to be coming but still

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Maybe it'll be like rear end Creed and the second one will be a lot better!
can I skip right to Watch Dogs: Black Flag please

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Instant Sunrise posted:

i'm glad we get a new dog watching simulator
but we already had THE DOG Island, we don't need this :pwn:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

The Devil Tesla posted:

watch dogs 2 leaks thanks to a pair of sunglasses, good.

he's gonna get banned.

RAY-banned.

heh

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Dapper_Swindler posted:

basicaly apart from the protagonist(who was crap) and various stupid story decious and the repativeness of the boring side quests. it wasnt that bad. it was just boring same like rear end creed one. i am curious how WD2 will go.
The bad part about Watch Dogs was learning that making Molyneux level promises and delivering Molyneux level mediocrity is now just normal

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I swear I remember some lovely site giving Watch Dogs a GotY award based only on the E3 demo.
it was a really cool demo though, and after everyone talked about what was cool about it, you would think they would take that feedback and understand what the important parts are

but lol nope

there are a scant few places besides the mandatory ones where you can use the hacking to solve a puzzle without shooting anyone, but there's actually no incentive to do so. and that was a kind of gameplay i wasn't expecting from that demo anyway

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Instant Sunrise posted:

to this day I maintain that watch underscore dogs was all about the timing.
If they thought that timing and topicality were the only important parts of the game while making it, that would go a long way towards explaining why it was a ball of rear end

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Hoping to just make it to the weekend, this week has not been kind.

For those of you who do and have a PS4, The Tomorrow Children is having an open beta this weekend, so you can spend a few hours enjoying the doldrums of surrealist communism.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Joe Gillian posted:

My job is basically Fruit Ninja. Anyone else with jobs that are also video games?
Job Simulator

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Grats on the new job at least, hope it's everything you wanted

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

not gonna lie, it's a cool looking (video pachinko?) machine in that MGS youtube, i'd probably play it if i lived there

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

deadly_pudding posted:

Fuckin, at least I'll be in better shape after the change comes.
sorry, we'll all be dead long before then. I know because I saw it on a billboard on my way into work

surely they don't let you put lies on a billboard anymore, like they did in 2011

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

PantsBandit posted:

Who's to say you couldn't? Put on your cleanest DBZ shirt, buy yourself a plane ticket, and start living out your anime fantasies. We all believe in you!
I said "if I lived there" because the limit of my interest is a couple bucks :shrug:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Phantasium posted:

Wait, Nintendo, what are you showing at E3 again? I thought you said just Zelda?

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/06/02/pokmon-games-will-appear-nintendo-treehouse-live-e3-2016/
Pokemon is basically it's own company at this point, so I guess they're not technically wrong

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Rexroom posted:

Here's Minecraft sales data for the autists.

https://twitter.com/Minecraft/status/738370381904551936
it's weird seeing the PC rates so much lower considering the mobile and console versions are strictly inferior

you get such a tiny sliver of the game's potential when you're missing all the community content

Europe is the closest to being balanced but that's probably cause they get the shaft on console prices

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

quote:

1. Unreal Gold -- Free (from $ 9.99)
2. Unreal Tournament GOTY -- Free (from $ 9.99)
3. Two Worlds -- Free (from $ 9.99)
4. Witcher: Enhanced Edition, The -- Free (from $ 9.99)
5. Trine Enchanted Edition -- Free (from $ 14.99)
6. To The Moon -- Free (from $ 9.99)
7. FTL: Advanced Edition -- Free (from $ 9.99)
8. VVVVVV -- Free (from $ 4.99)
9. Surgeon Simulator 2013 -- Free (from $ 9.99)
10. Shadowrun Returns -- Free (from $ 14.99)
11. Mount & Blade -- Free (from $ 9.99)
12. Saints Row 2 -- Free (from $ 9.99)
13. Breach & Clear -- Free (from $ 14.99)
14. Breach & Clear: DEADline -- Free (from $ 19.99)
15. BIT.TRIP Runner -- Free (from $ 9.99)
16. Braid -- Free (from $ 14.99)

Discounts applied:
-------------------------------------------------------------

- gogConnect - $ 184.84
-------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks GOG Connect

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

deadly_pudding posted:

Yeah, with the advent of places like Dave & Busters, arcades are making kind of a weird revival here for people who remember arcades existing and are now old enough to drink :v:. It's kind of a mixed bag, though. My girlfriend sent me a photo of a Flappy Bird cabinet when she went there with some friends the other week.

As far as I know, they never stopped making promotional pinball machines for like blockbuster movies, but damned if I could tell you where to find one. The movie theater arcades here have pretty fixed collections.
Only problem is the D&B never has pinball

But I'm spoiled anyway cause there's a couple old arcade/used game store combo joints around here that have a day rate and a shitload of pinballs to play. Only problem is the one that's in a strip mall gets nasty hot in the summertime

I need to go back there is what I'm saying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

just when you thought you'd seen the worst video game movies this year:

http://www.engadget.com/2016/06/02/the-division-movie-jake-gyllenhaal/

good grief

• Locked thread