Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
UFC July: Daniel Cormier is going to beat Jon Jones in their fight at UFC 200

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

UFC July: On the Hunt for pussy

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Lol

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Unfunny Poster posted:

UFC 200 Press Call - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar3miFxKjcc

First question

"Brock, do you think how you look in this fight will affect your drawing power in the WWE?" - Reporter

"I don't give a poo poo." - Brock

UFC July: I really don't give a poo poo.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
We getting a new thread or what? Don't make me get liquored up and write one myself, because it'll be terrible.

edit:

Sharzak posted:

UFC July: I really don't give a poo poo.

We have a winner.

That being said, if the regular thread maker wants to make an actual good OP, let me know and I'll close that one.

Memento fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Jul 1, 2016

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Bundt Cake posted:

UFC Ju-Lie We Aren't Selling the Company

nice

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Josuke Higashikata posted:

also nice

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
You know, it reminds me a little bit of Mayweather. He always plays hardball in negotiations to ensure the fight takes place in as large a ring as possible, and that the ref is somebody who won't penalize him for stalling in the clinch after every exchange. The difference, of course, is that MMA fighters don't have that kind of influence over the conditions of the fight (except Fedor).

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Memento posted:

We getting a new thread or what? Don't make me get liquored up and write one myself, because it'll be terrible.

edit:

We have a winner.

That being said, if the regular thread maker wants to make an actual good OP, let me know and I'll close that one.

I wouldn't object to someone taking over new thread duties or rotating it or whatever, but Brock Lesnar fights in probably the biggest UFC card ever made this month so I think it warrants some effort. I'll make a new one this afternoon or tonight or something.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

I wouldn't object to someone taking over new thread duties or rotating it or whatever, but Brock Lesnar fights in probably the biggest UFC card ever made this month so I think it warrants some effort. I'll make a new one this afternoon or tonight or something.

Should have woke up earlier then :-)

genderfluid and beautiful
Feb 1, 2005

ATTENTION

SOME MMA FIGHTERS ARE loving CRAZY

https://twitter.com/deadspin/status/748870587875987456

Featuring appearances by Tito, everyone's favorite Hitler hunter, and Joe Rogan

genderfluid and beautiful fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jul 1, 2016

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
That's already in the B-League thread where it belongs.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Mr Monson probably listens to some pretty choice punk bands

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Tezcatlipoca posted:

That's already in the B-League thread where it belongs.

The picture is; the twitter is linking to an article that discusses fighters being weird in general.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It's not like it matters if this one lasts a day or two extra and DumbWhiteGuy always does a good job.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I'm sure if DWG wanted some stuff added to the OP they gladly would, but there is already a thread. Just post. Quit worrying about procedure.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3781772

genderfluid and beautiful
Feb 1, 2005

fatherdog posted:

The picture is; the twitter is linking to an article that discusses fighters being weird in general.

Most fighters mentioned (all?) fought in the UFC at one point, and Joe Rogan is mentioned as well, so I thought it would be interesting to those in this thread.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
Mods plz change name to "Fucky Obama Ou"

mewse
May 2, 2006

Kimbo edited the hat footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDzRnJk11kk

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

This rules and should be added to every OP

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

evil spiff posted:

Featuring appearances by Tito, everyone's favorite Hitler hunter, and Joe Rogan
heh, so many stupid fucken mma fighters. none of them could never accrue the internet savvy and streetsmarts required to become
a gawker blogger, with a side order of python on weekends

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

fatherdog posted:

You think I know how twitter works?!

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

TheRationalRedditor posted:

heh, so many stupid fucken mma fighters. none of them could never accrue the internet savvy and streetsmarts required to become
a gawker blogger, with a side order of python on weekends

Man, shut the gently caress up. If you find yourself defending the intelligence of Tito and Tim Kennedy, you should take stock of your life.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

fatherdog posted:

Man, shut the gently caress up. This is tired in general and it's super-inapplicable to an article which is entirely about fighters who think really weird poo poo.
Hey, Tim Kennedy may be a favorite community laughingstock, but how many Hitlers have any of us hunted, lately?

Despite his outstanding incidental punchline ratio, he was actually an army ranger for years and that's no small feat

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

fatherdog posted:

Man, shut the gently caress up. If you find yourself defending the intelligence of Tito and Tim Kennedy, you should take stock of your life.

Harsh

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

I see you edited that post drastically, but who on earth is defending the intelligence of Tito Ortiz? What's more, is being smarter than tito ortiz really something anyone sensible should think worth of perching upon an ivory tower over?

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
looks like fatherdog didnt get any action from motherdog last night

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

TheRationalRedditor posted:

I see you edited that post drastically,

Yes, because in the ten seconds between post and edit I thought of a pithier way to put it.

quote:

but who on earth is defending the intelligence of Tito Ortiz?

You, apparently. And if that wasn't your intention you should re-read your post and think about how you communicate with others.

To be clear, saying "Haha, fighters are so dumb! Not like goons working tech support or blogging!" as you (extremely frequently) do is a reasonable response to people making blanket "Smart people don't get punched in the face for a living" statements, which is both untrue and a dumb meme. Saying it in response to people talking about specific fighters doing stupid or crazy things is not, unless your intention is to defend the specific stupid or crazy thing cited. So don't say it in response to an article talking, at length, about Tito and then come back with "Oh, who could possibly have interpreted me as defending Tito Ortiz?" It's disingenuous and irritating.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Yeah the article is actually thoughtful and written by a cool guy who likes MMA, but it also works well as pandering to the Deadspin/internet sports fan "i cant stop reading about and talking about sports, but I hate sports, all athletes, everything involved with sports, myself, and I need everyone to know how much smarter i am than people who like sports the normal way all the time" crowd. Who im guessing are not gonna read it and will just scroll to the bottom to get Upvotes by commenting that jocks are dumb

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm sure if DWG wanted some stuff added to the OP they gladly would, but there is already a thread. Just post. Quit worrying about procedure.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

quote:

The Venn diagram of “people who possess critical thinking skills” and “people who choose to get punched in the face/punch others in the face for a living” are two nearly separate circles.

In the first comment, posted by a guy named "Jeb! & The Holograms (This comment paid for by the Hillary Clinton for President Campaign)" who was making smug Gawker posts yesterday about computer programming lol. Not the articles fault but predictable

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
But as we move into the July thread i promise to drop all of my Memes and annoying things i post all the time, so long as there is a bounty of good fights to watch

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

manyak posted:

In the first comment, posted by a guy named "Jeb! & The Holograms (This comment paid for by the Hillary Clinton for President Campaign)" who was making smug Gawker posts yesterday about computer programming lol. Not the articles fault but predictable

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Mr. Nice! posted:

fair enough. closing this one then

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3781772

• Locked thread