Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

This is amazing. Cleveland finally has a world champ and they gave him a loving parade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Mr. Nice! posted:

This is amazing. Cleveland finally has a world champ and they gave him a loving parade.

I suspect it's more a matter of it was Cleveland's regularly scheduled Memorial Day Weekend Parade, and one of their firefighters just so happens to be a UFC Heavyweight Champion so he got a to sit in his own truck with a little half-assed banner.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
To me a guy standing in the back of a pickup in front of a parade consisting of firetruck feels a little bit Tim the Maine-iac Sylvia.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Bluedeanie posted:

I suspect it's more a matter of it was Cleveland's regularly scheduled Memorial Day Weekend Parade, and one of their firefighters just so happens to be a UFC Heavyweight Champion so he got a to sit in his own truck with a little half-assed banner.

way to be a debbie downer

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Work Friend Keven posted:

To me a guy standing in the back of a pickup in front of a parade consisting of firetruck feels a little bit Tim the Maine-iac Sylvia.

The difference is resting motionless in a pickup bed is not the only way Stipe Miocic could physically participate in a parade.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Stipe is a very nice man and good fighter. Unlike Tim The Maine-iac Sylvia who was not a nice man and was a bad fighter.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Can't blame Tim for the bad attitude. He was bullied throughout his 30's

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Bluedeanie posted:

You believe what you want, but I know deep down the entire parade was just for Stipe.

Its cleveland, man.

Chrom1um
Dec 31, 2005
Come and join my doomsday cult!
Serious question: sorry if I'm behind, but has mewse eaten a hat yet?

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Bean Fried posted:

Serious question: sorry if I'm behind, but has mewse eaten a hat yet?

He has until the first UFC event in NY, and also

fatherdog posted:

Also, re: Hat eating - if you make an edible hat, you have to show photo/video evidence of having worn it in public for at least an hour, as per "Abe vs Flaskfucker". If you eat a non-edible hat, you may skip eating any metal or plastic components, as per "Werner Herzog Eats His Shoe"

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.instagram.com/p/BGB39Y9NVnv/

wanderlei wrestling like crazy

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Sprecherscrow posted:

Imanari is on every list I make. He's #3 on my top 5 albums of the '90s.

Yeah, but he hasn't fought since he joined the Myth Busters team.

I cannot believe Wanderlei ate that many Huntknuckles without dying, and I also can't believe Hunt powered through that twisted-up arm, and I finally can't believe Hunt WWFed Silva with a flying rear end-hammer. A good video.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Gsp is a boring coward who was popular due to Canadian racism. I would never put him on my top 10. However, Bartoc the Leaper is a brutal criminal mastermind who also happens to be one of the best martial artists of all time.

Chrom1um
Dec 31, 2005
Come and join my doomsday cult!

fatherdog posted:

He has until the first UFC event in NY, and also

Abe vs. the flaskfucker was truly magical.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Holloway vs Lamas is a really cool fight that I am excited about. Thank you.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Embedded 3 is up, featuring Dominic Cruz watching children fight MMA and Faber doing the same

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQuRK7ltstc&hd=1

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

fatherdog posted:

Embedded 3 is up, featuring Dominic Cruz watching children fight MMA and Faber doing the same

Lmao nice

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

fatherdog posted:

Who is the creepy monk stalking Rockhold's mom's house at about 1:08?

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Did you guys already freak out about Matt Serra doing a podcast with Jim Norton? Cause I for one am excited.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
No. We are fighter and the kid fans here pal

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Skip My Posts posted:

No. We are fighter and the kid fans here pal

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Buoyant Force
Dec 26, 2006

:science:
Does Cruz usually walk around with a slight limp? He looks off checking out those cars.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Usually Cruz doesn't walk at all so limping is a step forward

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Buoyant Force posted:

Does Cruz usually walk around with a slight limp? He looks off checking out those cars.

That weird foot injury is something he has to deal with for quite a long time

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Buoyant Force posted:

I noticed that, too, but I was thinking (hoping) he's probably just stiff from the day before, given how he trains and how much work he's needed to have on his knees and legs. In the second embedded he talks about his routine preparing for a fight, and he basically says he wraps up by working as hard as he can until his body starts to break down, and then continuing until he really has nothing left, then he has some time to rest and recover and he feels like that gets him to the fight in the best shape. He says he was peaking the day before he went to get his car modded, so that's probably why he was screwing around with that and watching little kids fight instead of hitting pads. Rest day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEfrR0TvaUA&t=165s

Also they just uploaded the fourth embedded literally 30 minutes ago or so and he still looks like he might be walking a little gingerly but it doesn't seem as bad as in that one particular scene :shrug:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80xHW_1jBd8

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Finally, someone quantified what we all already know. MMA Math can be used to prove that anyone can beat anyone. I haven't been able to stump it yet, except clearly with unbeaten fighters.

http://mma-math.com/proof.html?winnerID=2512089&loserID=2335639

Mighty Mouse #1!

Memento fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jun 2, 2016

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
welp Faber went to the Barber during embedded enjoy that probation cams

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
If and its a big if Faber puts more leg kicks into his game plan than TJ did it could make the fight very interesting.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Memento posted:

Finally, someone quantified what we all already know. MMA Math can be used to prove that anyone can beat anyone. I haven't been able to stump it yet, except clearly with unbeaten fighters.

Mighty Mouse #1!

http://mma-math.com/proof.html?winnerID=2354524&loserID=2512089

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Le Saboteur posted:

If and its a big if Faber puts more leg kicks into his game plan than TJ did it could make the fight very interesting.

When was the last time Faber threw A Kick, let alone multiple leg kicks

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

fatherdog posted:

When was the last time Faber threw A Kick, let alone multiple leg kicks

yeah but if he did though

reeg
Jul 5, 2002

finally, the evidence proves my theory

http://mma-math.com/proof.html?winnerID=2536133&loserID=2504951

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
I would honestly be kind of interested in a Compustrike count of Faber's last 3-5 fights that shows how many strikes he's thrown that aren't an overhand right

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

There was that one fight he threw like 10,000 elbows, only because his hands were broken though

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Memento posted:

Mighty Mouse #1!

Who would have thought back in the day that Rich Clementi defeating Anthony Johnson would be such an important fight.

e: also I managed to stump it with a fighter who has been defeated, but I had to pick literally the worst person I ever saw fight in the UFC as the other guy

http://mma-math.com/proof.html?winnerID=3092778&loserID=2553993

colonel_korn fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Jun 2, 2016

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
keven

matt lindland vs brock lesnar

who wins

(us the fans is not a valid answer)

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Brock would win. Here's my process: Matt Lindland lost to Fedor, who is commonly considered the best heavyweight of all time, except for Brock Lesnar, who's better.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
the best part of all these edmbeded is definitely the fact that even michael bispings children know that he is going to lose to ruckhold and it is more funny each time you hear them go "uhhh him" when he asks who is going to win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

fighters with the poorest performing UFC PPV buyrates

I feel like this should be factored into the overrated champion discussion.

• Locked thread