Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
wow urijah fabers strategy to beat p4p great bantanweight king dominic cruz is to get a haircut

"i do not want to have any advantage for cruz with the judges, my hair longer lastg fight I moved out of the way barely hit me hit me hard my hair would shake so im trying to get that to a minimum"

I frickin love cruz but faber has been looking good last few fights, i still dont see him winning but things have been weird @ bantamweight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Faber hasn't really looked very good in the last couple years. He looks a step slower.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Bubba Smith posted:

fighters with the poorest performing UFC PPV buyrates

I feel like this should be factored into the overrated champion discussion.

Confirmation that Frankie Edgar is The Best.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Discounting the little weights because of historically poor PPV sales, life finds a way (to poo poo on Ryan Bader).

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
http://mma-math.com/proof.html?winnerID=2972877&loserID=2951515

seems legit

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This may be fake.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Josuke Higashikata posted:

This may be fake.

Looks insanely legit, actually

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

I'm surprised it didn't need Penn/Machida to make part of the jump in weight.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Wise Learned Man posted:

I'm surprised it didn't need Penn/Machida to make part of the jump in weight.

Its a shame Dos Caras Jr. never won a fight and CM Punk will never fight because thats the mmath I really want to see. Also it didn't have Shinsuke Nakamura because I wanted to see if he was better than Brock Lesnar.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
According to the internet Aldo is better than Brick Lesnar

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
http://mma-math.com/proof.html?winnerID=2354279&loserID=2335778

This is more fun than it should be.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Genki Sudo > Nate Marquardt

Nate Marquardt > Jeremy Horn

Jeremy Horn > Gilbert Yvel

Gilbert Yvel > Cheick Kongo

Cheick Kongo > Matt Mitrione

Matt Mitrione > Derrick Lewis

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

https://twitter.com/dominickcruz/status/738244337348149248

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
in a year or so cody'd be worth a bet as a significant underdog. maybe. as it stands though cruz would make him look stupid.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I just like that we live in a world where the build up hype for a fight includes Anthony Bourdain saying "they were mean to each other on a micro blogging website"

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

For this image, what submission is being used and where is the pressure being placed on the body? Is it all lower back and hips?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Nystral posted:

For this image, what submission is being used and where is the pressure being placed on the body? Is it all lower back and hips?

It's called a twister and it is a spine crank.

God bless Leonard Garcia for having no defense and letting TKZ slap that on. I really hope that the South Korean military didn't ruin our boy, Chan Sung.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I bet twisters really, really loving hurt even by submission hold standards.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
the korean zombie is the best. he had this weird development where he beat omigawa and loving pajonsuk in a kickboxing match, then he got destroyed by george roop. then he crushed two top ten featherweights and beat aldo's rear end for a round before he broke his arm.

e: i forgot that he also beat kanehara. sengoku was so good.

Foul Fowl fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Jun 2, 2016

outy
Aug 27, 2004

Here's Eddie Bravo talking about TKZ's sub and breaking it down:

http://youtu.be/p5KQ948H2ps

It's worth seeking out his Twister DVD, fascinating watching him just run riot on tournaments with it. You know a submission hurts badly when the opponent doesn't know what it is but still insta-taps.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
TKZ will come back and be Conor's third straight loss.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Foul Fowl posted:

e: i forgot that he also beat kanehara. sengoku was so good.

sengoku had a seriously miserable start but loving agreed. he got robbed against kanehara but that tournament was brilliant. nearly half of the field ended up in the ufc or wec https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Victory_Road_Presents:_Sengoku_7

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Twisters loving hurt.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

CommonShore posted:

Twisters loving hurt.

Actually they're not that bad, just ask Angela Magana

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Bluedeanie posted:

Actually they're not that bad, just ask Angela Magana

Thanks. I wanted to post that but didn't feel like looking.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
TKZ didn't do poo poo to Aldo let alone beat his rear end.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

He tried a twister on the gracie breakdown guy he was rolling with as well.

Tezcatlipoca posted:

TKZ didn't do poo poo to Aldo let alone beat his rear end.

It was a good fight but Aldo just zeroed in on his shoulder once he realized that Jung hosed it up (dislocated it iirc) and that was that. I think Aldo would probably still be a favorite in a rematch, but I can't say he'd win guaranteed.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

He tried a twister on the gracie breakdown guy he was rolling with as well.

It was a good fight but Aldo just zeroed in on his shoulder once he realized that Jung hosed it up (dislocated it iirc) and that was that. I think Aldo would probably still be a favorite in a rematch, but I can't say he'd win guaranteed.

That happened in the 4th round of a fight where Aldo broke his foot on the first kick he threw. You people are acting like Jung's shoulder went out in the first round and we didn't get to see them fight. Aldo was cruising to an easy decision, the fight was not close.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Tezcatlipoca posted:

That happened in the 4th round of a fight where Aldo broke his foot on the first kick he threw. You people are acting like Jung's shoulder went out in the first round and we didn't get to see them fight. Aldo was cruising to an easy decision, the fight was not close.

I never said anything like that. I said it was a good fight and was trying to compliment his killer instinct.

Also didn't Jung take the fight on short notice?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Mr. Nice! posted:

I never said anything like that. I said it was a good fight and was trying to compliment his killer instinct.

Also didn't Jung take the fight on short notice?

Not super short notice. That was where Pettis was going to go down to 145 and beat Aldo because Bendo wasn't giving him his title shot fast enough, but then TJ Grant got injured and Pettis got the title shot.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Pettis was announced out on June 14th and the PPV a month and a half later on August 3rd. I think that's a short notice fight, but I agree it's not super short notice. Still, I think with a full camp the fight would have looked different.

eshock
Sep 2, 2004

Also TKZ said in that fight his gameplan was to just survive the first three rounds and turn it up in 4 and 5 where Aldo tends to have cardio issues, and also he didn't notice the broken foot and probably would have fought differently if he had.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'd consider that short notice too. I'm not sure KZ would ever have gotten the W over Aldo at that time, but the situation at FW is different now, Aldo got KO'd badly and who knows if he's truly recovered? Perhaps we'll see that his chin is gone in the Edgar fight, perhaps we won't. KZ hasn't been fighting but I'd guess that he's remained in great shape and injury free during his service. It's definitely not out of the question that KZ could beat him now.

e:
Also, USADA.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

TKZ was losing very decisively but starting to gain some momentum until the shoulder popped if I recall.

I finally started reading Mark Hunt's book and it's brutal, all the awful poo poo that was posted about before is at the very start

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

Pettis was announced out on June 14th and the PPV a month and a half later on August 3rd. I think that's a short notice fight, but I agree it's not super short notice. Still, I think with a full camp the fight would have looked different.

He was already preparing for a fight in July so he actually had plenty of time to be ready. It's not like he was sitting on his couch not training.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Triticum Guzzler posted:

sengoku had a seriously miserable start but loving agreed. he got robbed against kanehara but that tournament was brilliant. nearly half of the field ended up in the ufc or wec https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Victory_Road_Presents:_Sengoku_7

Marlon Sandro's standing arm triangle of that guy was so cool

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
aldo was winning but he was terrified of tkz's straight the entire fight and was losing the fourth round. i don't think tkz would have won even if he hadn't hosed up his arm but if there's one guy who could finish a tired aldo it would be him.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

it was Your Posting that made me check sengoku and TKZ out, watching santiago/misaki 2 live with like three other posters was worth all the bullshit times ten.

e: marlon sandro and maximo blanco were definitely sengoku treasures too

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Lots of revisionist history itt.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
http://mma-math.com/proof.html?winnerID=2527777&loserID=2354048

ive tried 25 combinations so far, and i have yet to find anyone that mike dolce can beat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

http://mma-math.com/proof.html?winnerID=2527777&loserID=2354048

ive tried 25 combinations so far, and i have yet to find anyone that mike dolce can beat

http://mma-math.com/proof.html?winnerID=2527777&loserID=2536133

e. Looks like that's because Dolce's wins aren't in their database. Dolce has a win over a guy who has a win over Marcus Davis, and...

http://mma-math.com/proof.html?winnerID=2335804&loserID=2354048

e2. I'm disappointed, too. It's still funny.

CommonShore fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jun 2, 2016

• Locked thread