Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Trast posted:

I'm wondering if there is a different cut for the Euro markets or if the UFC is just sandbagging her for no reason.

OR MAYBE there is no conspiracy at play here and she is being herself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I like Joanna Champion BECAUSE she's a weird goblin lady who kicks rear end and has awkward interactions

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
What happens if Gadelha's team wins every fight, do some of them have to train with Joanna instead? Does Joanna just hang out until it's over?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Joanna appears cool in all her interviews and stuff but I couldn't be bothered watching tuf. It is in a reality show's benefit to have a hero and villain to give the fight more hype. What is she doing that makes her so horrible?

Nifft
Oct 5, 2001
I'm absolutely spiffng!

outy posted:

Who do you think knows more about a person's flexibility and pain tolerance, the subber or the subbee? In fact, what sort of a lovely person lets a partner go through the guilt of injuring someone in training?

Depends on the submission and the experience level. But neck cranks can cause a lot of damage and you should alway err on the side of caution. I'm not saying she is not a lovely person, don't want to be accused of being an Angela Magana apologizer.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4W-TTZ7bHc

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
TKZ rules and will fight for the title

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Bisping making Rockhold look like a joke at the presser right now is pretty funny.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

this is good and bad.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

lmao Bisping is owning Rockhold, this is funny as heck

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

"AKA is going to lose all their belts, so gently caress you." -Michael Bisping

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

Rockhold is being made to look dumb for picking Bisping over Jacare even though he's beaten both

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Cruz dancing around Faber out here too. Although somehow Cruz comes off more annoying than Bisping?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Wasn't TJ out of TAM and his first fight was Dominick Cruz and Faber was not in line for a title then?

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

1st AD posted:

lmao Bisping is owning Rockhold, this is funny as heck

I'll just have to catch up when the video gets chopped up later. I've never seen Bisping deliver a good burn.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
i love how catty cruz is endlessly

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

His thing about Faber not wanting to fight TJ is a bit tiresome as Faber was never offered a shot at TJ post TAM so he's never dodged the TJ fight post TAM.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Novum posted:

I'll just have to catch up when the video gets chopped up later. I've never seen Bisping deliver a good burn.

It's less Bisping's ability to deliver a good burn and more that Rockhold is bad at trash talk and somehow less likable than Bisping

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Triticum Guzzler posted:

i love how catty cruz is endlessly

Catty is the perfect word for him. I also love that he has a history against an entire team as opposed to one guy.

e: His point that he was gone for four years and Faber didn't take the title and he took it right back is the best one he made imo.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

He bothered Cruz a bit there with the comments about the belt.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
[softly] you and your close eyes...

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Le Saboteur posted:

He bothered Cruz a bit there with the comments about the belt.

idk it was pretty dumb. "hold the belt like a MAN" like what the gently caress does that even mean

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

1st AD posted:

idk it was pretty dumb. "hold the belt like a MAN" like what the gently caress does that even mean

It was very dumb but it also made Cruz start taking shots at Faber that he's generally above. Like making fun of a guys reach who you have like an inch and a half on is pretty silly.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Novum posted:

lol, where did you post this from? the toilet store?

lol

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

Rockhold disclosing a meniscus tear seems like a dumb thing to do

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/6/2/11839976/rowdy-ronda-rousey-seeks-trademark-for-unusual-drawing-and-slogan-ufc-news-mma

quote:

On May 17th the United States Patent and Trademark Office published a trademark application for the phrase 'ROWDY RONDA ROUSEY IS IN THE HOUSE', along with an accompanying image.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
the greatest thing to me is Urijah implied Cruz wasn't a good fight analyst and then while answering another question Cruz broke down Urijah's style ("never throws combos, only throws the overhand right, conserves his energy except for those overhand rights, looking for the same two submissions" etc.) and Urijah didn't dispute it at all.

Pimp Cauldron
Aug 3, 2002

A twisted pictoral of phoenix, AZ

acai moonsault posted:

Rockhold disclosing a meniscus tear seems like a dumb thing to do

kick him in his god drat meniscus mikey

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Looks like she's in Buffalo Bills house tbh

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Just catching up now, "I belieeeeeeeeeeeve, Luke" was great

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
lol hendo did an interview where he said lombard used to train at his gym and the smaller/less skilled people said that lombard used to go hard on them. during the media day lombard immediately started asking for their names https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m5QGusJokM&t=219s

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

I want to believe that Bisping will win.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

While you guys are watching, feel free to post in the GDT that just went live!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3778672

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I had to do this one by hand because MMATH can't go through Z-League dreck. There might be a shorter path

Dan Quinn > Rick Vardell > Ross Clifton > Miguel Banuelos > William Johnson > Joe Martinez > Josh VanderVeur > Mike Crisman > Daniel Grass > Lima Pule > Jeremy Petersen > (VAGULEY CREDIBLE FIGHTERS START HERE) Kyacey Uscola > Jorge Patino > Jacare Souza > Mousasi > Dan Henderson > Fedor

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

attackmole posted:

Jorge Patino > Jacare Souza

I just looked this up and I noticed Inoki in the crowd and I had to share:

I don't know what's going on but I want in.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

So Conor never fights at FTW again, right?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

origami posted:

I just looked this up and I noticed Inoki in the crowd and I had to share:

I don't know what's going on but I want in.

The Japanese take littering very seriously.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Faber needs a better tailor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

EmmyOk posted:

Faber needs a better tailor

baby steps man, Conor had to ease Faber into this

• Locked thread