Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How will you be voting in the UKEU Referendum?
This poll is closed.
Remain - Keep Britane Strong! 328 15.40%
Leave - Take Are Sovreignity Back! 115 5.40%
Remain - But only because Brexit are crazy 506 23.76%
Leave - But only because the EU is terrible 157 7.37%
Spoiled Ballot - This whole thing is an awful idea 61 2.86%
I'm not going to vote 19 0.89%
I'm not allowed to vote 411 19.30%
Pissflaps 533 25.02%
Total: 2130 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Small Frozen Thing posted:

i dunno, why don't you go gently caress yourself in the nostril you racist piece of poo poo

His nostril is far too large for him to be able to gently caress himself in it and feel much of anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Mister Adequate posted:

If we do leave, but NI voted Remain, I hope it leads to reunification because they'd rather be with Dublin than London.

I haven't heard anyone bring this up, but it could well be a significant consequence in the event of a Leave vote.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

That's a dire looking graph, but it's a single eurocent difference from beginning to end at this point. Hardly a major shock.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

BizarroAzrael posted:

I think I played Magic: The Gathering in the community hall where that racist pen-owner was.

That's a great story, you should tell it at parties.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Miftan posted:

Pretty much all the work class white people who work at the airport that I've seen are voting Leave. Facts would not change their mind as they just said 'Nah, don't believe it"

I can easily see that. My experience going through Heathrow is that the people working there are exactly the sort who would be terribly aggrieved by foreigns. Apparently the security personnel training programme includes "if the person with whom you're dealing do not understand you right away, do not under any circumstances attempt to use recognizable gestures or reword your request; say the exact same thing, except very loudly, and use hand signs that would only make sense if the person spoke English in the first place (for example, if trying to convey the concept of 'for', hold up four fingers)."

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Miftan posted:

Really? Heathrow's employees are mostly 1st and 2nd generation foreigners, at least in my terminal. Seem like they would be more pro-remain.

All four times I've been through Terminal 5, I've dealt with a Neanderthal-looking security screener almost yelling at someone who obviously doesn't understand English well. Although, come to think of it, the people actually looking at the x-ray screens and doing searches looked more diverse, it was always the first guy who tells you to take out your laptop and put your bag in a bin for the x-ray who yelled at people. I suppose the very least qualified people get that thankless task.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

loving cunts can't even shut their yaps until the actual number is read out. Sad!

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

genericuser posted:

Remember, if the UK was a US state we would be the second poorest after Mississippi. We're not as rich as people think.

'cuz of the immigrants and EU no doubt. :v:

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Cefte posted:

is there an IRC channel for this poo poo

#ukgoons irc.synirc.net

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

I wish I'd shorted the pound when my Dad said 'Oh, the pound is going up, remain is sure, these traders know what's going on!"

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Rakosi posted:

Does this mean that if I owe ££££'s in debt I now owe less money?

If you're earning EUR or USD, yes.

Brannock posted:

loving London, report already

Christ, you follow politics everywhere, don't you?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Al-Saqr posted:

Holy poo poo are British people really going to commit economic suicide like this?! Incredible act of national ignorance of Leave wins, I feel so bad for how miserable a lot of people's lives are about to become :(

It's not at all good. Even though I suspect it will be beneficial to me personally, I don't want to see this result because it's so painfully goddamn stupid.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

ukle posted:

hahah 20% fall will make even the Brexit camp poo poo themselves.

Good, they loving well deserve it.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Tunicate posted:

This seems like more of a Blackadder scheme to me.

David Cameron had a cunning plan to deal with dissent within his party, alright..

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

You'll have to forgive my ignorance, but how did Farage manage to escape from his carer for so long as to cause all this trouble, and why haven't they rounded him up yet? He's obviously not well or able to take care of himself.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Joda posted:

Now Danish pundits are saying article 50 won't happen. Is this real?

It's a possibility. There are certainly several possibilities that would lead to it not happening, but the real question is: does the British leadership prefer to go with the democratically-selected stupid thing, or do the smart thing and have half of the country enraged at them permanently?

I think article 50 will happen.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

The UK really is trying to eat itself at this point, isn't it?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Oberleutnant posted:

And here's a pic:

Are you sure they're not saying it's dirty and should be polished? :v:

How can people be so lovely?

Blacktoll posted:

I legitimately do not understand why Poles are the ones being hated. They've injected a much needed dose of attractive white women into Britain.

The women are jealous, and the men are angry that Polish women don't want to gently caress inbred, overweight Englishmen.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Thanks to the Poles, you can have someone come round and fix your toilet quickly and for a reasonable price and this is a serious problem, kick them the gently caress out!

I don't get it!

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

feedmegin posted:

I mean, it's a problem if you're a lazy plumber.

There's gotta be more broken toilets than lazy English plumbers.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

mango sentinel posted:

To a less initiated American can someone more robustly explain this internal slapfight to me? Also are there arguments on the pro-Corbyn side aside from the potential replacement is worse? He seems to have cocked things up pretty bad no matter where you stand.

Imagine Corbyn is the UK's Bernie Sanders and everything will start making sense.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

St. Dogbert posted:

Then again, you can at least rest easy knowing that your Tories aren't going to name, say, Simon Cowell as leader of the party, so you're one up on the Canadian version.

You know, you could at least name one of the Dragons' Den UK judges if you want to draw a more appropriate comparison.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

thespaceinvader posted:

For me it's how loving tiny his hands are compared to his head.

Apparently such is the indicator of a garbage human being. Can you imagine him and Trump shaking hands? It would be... deeply unsettling.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

MeLKoR posted:

It was the most charismatic historical populist leader I could think of.

I can think of some from the 20th century that had plenty of charisma, but you'd not want your country led by them :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Not Operator posted:

After recent events, I'm sure he'd find a solid niche actually.

To be fair, he probably would've done back in the 30s and 40s too. There were plenty of fascists in the UK before the war.

• Locked thread