Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

musicals are garbage

Cyron posted:

isn't that what Cass is now? a big mussle partner with a guy who can speck for him. and it funny since both of them are products of the WWE performance center and people love them so i don't buy the fact people hate on roman because he is not a indie guy.

And people loved Roman when he was the hot tag dude in the shield.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Roman Reigns would be better if he had the body of a man but the legs of a giant spider imo

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

musicals are garbage
Roman would be better if he was Roderick Strong instead.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
What kind of a lovely face wears a chest protector?

He's only okay, had no presence that I can see and the forced babyface push makes me resent him and the product.

Edit: I'd honestly like to know what about his personality (or character's personality) they find interesting or likable.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

SylvainMustach posted:

What kind of a lovely face wears a chest protector?

He's only okay, had no presence that I can see and the forced babyface push makes me resent him and the product.

D-lo brown and he was great.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

Cyron posted:

D-lo brown and he was great.

How often was he a face?

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
I'm now starting to think the whole upcoming brand split was done to give people who don't want to see Roman Reigns anymore a weekly live show to potentially invest their time in

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

CubsWoo posted:

I'm now starting to think the whole upcoming brand split was done to give people who don't want to see Roman Reigns anymore a weekly live show to potentially invest their time in

The champ will be on both shows obviously, he's the brand ambassador at large.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Cyron posted:

isn't that what Cass is now? a big mussle partner with a guy who can speck for him. and it funny since both of them are products of the WWE performance center and people love them so i don't buy the fact people hate on roman because he is not a indie guy.

except the past month proved cass at least has some mic skills

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
we are all worse posters than Roman is a wrestler (except me and the people who are always positive like foochs and rgl because being a shining beacon of positivity is a true test in this day and age) so we really have nothing to discuss

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

One thing I will note about Roman is there's a friend who I (mainly used to) watch PPVs with who just can't overlook the fact that Roman wears what appears to be a Kevlar vest. Not because of the look or anything, but he feels it somehow gives him an unfair advantage. I can try and tell him every time that in kayfabe it's no different than a shirt and doesn't offer any protection but any time he'd get chopped or beat he'd go on about Roman is a coward who needs chest protection like he was D'lo Brown

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

One thing I will note about Roman is there's a friend who I (mainly used to) watch PPVs with who just can't overlook the fact that Roman wears what appears to be a Kevlar vest. Not because of the look or anything, but he feels it somehow gives him an unfair advantage. I can try and tell him every time that in kayfabe it's no different than a shirt and doesn't offer any protection but any time he'd get chopped or beat he'd go on about Roman is a coward who needs chest protection like he was D'lo Brown

my god, I think we've finally discovered the dumbest reason to hate Roman

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

The Real Deal Roman Reigns

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Raskolnikov38 posted:

my god, I think we've finally discovered the dumbest reason to hate Roman

I personally believe it's only second to "he doesn't do enough moves"

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

People sure are passionate about the Roman Reigns

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Cyron posted:

Basically yes but Cass is WAY WAY WAY better on the mic than Roman will probably ever be.

e: and no the roman hate has nothing to do with him NOT being an indie guy. it has everything to do with him being pushed over greater talents despite fan reactions and doubling down on that even when roman enters almost every show to a deafening chorus of boos and vince/creative doesn't change a god damned thing.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jun 2, 2016

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Like, let's just be honest about this. Without a very major rework, Roman is never going to get over now.

Everything that I felt was salvageable about his character was pretty much ruined from Mania to now, and they lost the last chance they had to give him nuclear heat when they brought Seth back as a heel. If they brought Seth back as a shining babyface, Roman spearing him in the ring during his "welcome back" would have made Roman the top heel instantly and probably the best heel champ in a while.

But they're tone-deaf and this is what they want us to think: Roman is good, everyone else is less good.

And good lord every time they make him talk, if it wasn't bad enough, that always makes it worse.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Hey, it worked for Cena. Only took 15 years, but everyone here likes him now. A 15 year push while he irons the kinks out and you'll love Roman to death.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

he was getting cheered for like two weeks in November or December, does anyone remember what they were doing with him then?

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Raskolnikov38 posted:

he was getting cheered for like two weeks in November or December, does anyone remember what they were doing with him then?

Pairing him with Dean.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
^^^that too and with the uso's and that backfire since people now boo the Uso's because there blood related. dean avoided this due to him feuding with jericho after mania. and if he get close to reigns on TV again it would be with the rumored shield 3 way at summerslam.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

At the end of TLC he did a very good beat down to triple H then he feuded with Vince and got Philly to cheer for him. then creative in their mind think that roman need to be with a Mcmahan to be over so he got draged into the 20 min promos where he can't punch anyone on state since it a old man and a woman.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jun 2, 2016

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot

Fenrir posted:

This isn't an easy question.

There are several different things, which make a good wrestler, and no one really has ALL of them. You've got:

- Move set
- Ring talent
- Athleticism
- Technical skill
- Match psychology
- Mic skills
- Personal charisma
- Ability to interact well with other wrestlers
- Ability to cut a promo

Would you agree that Kevin Owens excels at every single one of these categories and is thus proven to be the greatest wrestler of all time?

he is

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

shiksa posted:

The champ will be on both shows obviously, he's the brand ambassador at large.

I thought I read they were considering either having 1 major 'world title' belt per brand and/or making the IC and Women's title the focus on Smackdown so I'm working off those assumptions

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

the Usos sucked before Roman Reigns. His stink only made them seem like bigger losers. Which sucks because they seem like decent guys on UUDD. It's just on TV they come across as characters designed by a dysfunctional computer trying to relate to 11 year olds from 2010

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Roman Reigns will continue to get this god push until Vince dies, which is definitely happening within the next 5 years. His brain is turning to tapioca and he won't stop the push because he thinks it'll turn around any day now.

As soon as Vince dies, things will continue to be bad.

they'll just be different bad, expect HHH to have another few World Title reigns.

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

shiksa posted:

Maybe he's got a poochy tummy

he's basically poochy, or maybe the speedo man.. like nelson wailed on milhouse's dial when roman straddled the crowd barrier during the shield's entrance

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ostentatious posted:

He's very good.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

big cass' mic work is no bueno

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

The only thing I like less than Roman Reigns the wrestler is Roman Reigns the person.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Ostentatious posted:

Everyone has an opinion on him!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

The scene opens in an empty corridor of the arena. Roman Reigns stands alone in front of a solitary camera. The Samoan brute brushes his long black hair out of his face.

"John Cena thinks he's real smart and he got jokes. I’m not about jokes and all that mess. I come out here and I tell you what I'm going to do and then I go out there and I do. He got muscles and he's determined but look at me…I got muscles too and does my face look like I'm joking? I'm as determined as I've ever been in my life. "

Roman looks down at his sizeable fist. That had been his ticket to stardom and it would be the reason for his retaining his championship.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Roman should have a floating little alien buddy named Romulan Reigns that only he and the audience can see

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Roman is the best. The Usos are bad and drag him down.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

smell this posted:

The scene opens in an empty corridor of the arena. Roman Reigns stands alone in front of a solitary camera. The Samoan brute brushes his long black hair out of his face.

"John Cena thinks he's real smart and he got jokes. I’m not about jokes and all that mess. I come out here and I tell you what I'm going to do and then I go out there and I do. He got muscles and he's determined but look at me…I got muscles too and does my face look like I'm joking? I'm as determined as I've ever been in my life. "

Roman looks down at his sizeable fist. That had been his ticket to stardom and it would be the reason for his retaining his championship.

That would easily be the best promo of Roman's singles career.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Roman Reigns favorite show is the Sopranos but he only watches the mobster parts and skips over the faggy therapist and family material.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

musicals are garbage

Chromatic posted:

Roman Reigns favorite show is the Sopranos but he only watches the mobster parts and skips over the faggy therapist and family material.

He also only caught it when they were showing it on AMC edited for TV.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Roman's gimmick could be massively improved (with both live fans and TV audiences) if they just made it so that whenever he opened his mouth bees flew out.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Don't count, yes, no, no, sure, no, yes, yes, yes, no, no, the gently caress?, no, no and I can't for the life of me remember a Neville match when it is not in progress so maybe?
Aries, sure, I'm done talking to you.

Mate if you think Rollins is a worse worker than Reigns then I have literally no idea what to say to you.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

They gave away a world title change on free TV.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
The actual worst part about Roman is how anyone uses him as an excuse for a wrestler being cheered. "They aren't over the crowd just hates Reigns."

Ignore opponents to whom the crowd was dead throughout or were just passionately booed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

TheChad posted:

Would you agree that Kevin Owens excels at every single one of these categories and is thus proven to be the greatest wrestler of all time?

he is

Not sure about greatest of all time but drat he nails pretty much all of it. KO's only real "weakness" is he doesn't have the look I guess? He's not that tall and he's fat.

• Locked thread