Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Roman is fine in the ring. His matches are always a lot of gimmicks and rest breaks though. He has a decent grasp of psychology and he doesn't look lost in the ring, but he is never the dude I'm wanting to watch in the ring. His persona is so loving grating though. That catchphrase is such a garbage catchphrase, and the worst part of him is that he isn't over. You can say what you will about Cena but even with being booed for the better part of a decade, Cena is over and knows how to work a crowd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Alain Post posted:

Saying that WWE is poorly booking the Rock/Foley-like 1a/1b face roles is fair enough, but it never stops amazing me that people will point out that people like Ambrose and Styles lose too often, and then suggest that the top face in the company should take more clean pins.

e) idk if this is a controversial statement but i think everyone knowing the outcome of a match beforehand matters much less than people think. if you listed the 100 best matches ever (please don't do this) or whatever, i'd wager that like 80% of them, everyone pretty much knew the outcome going in.

It's more about the opponent not getting their heat back. It's always the problem with Cena. He gets fed the monster of the week beats them and then they fly back down to the mid card. Instead of building a real rivalry where the heel keeps getting one over on the face. That way when they do the blowoff match we want to see the face win. It's booking 101. But we have seen before that WWE doesn't know how to tell the most basic stories.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Amount of moves guy can do doesn't matter.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Great White Hope posted:

There is no answer for what makes a wrestler good, because it is all completely subjective.

I mean while it's true that a wrestlers skills in the ring doesn't necessarily make a good or bad wrestler, but there is a difference between a good and bad worker. Roman isn't a bad worker, but I don't think he is a dude who can work with anyone. AJ to me is a dude who can work with literally anyone.

At the end of the day though what makes a good wrestler really comes down to if they are over or not. If a wrestler is given all the opportunity and they still aren't over it might be time to reconsider.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Every positive on Roman really makes it sound like WWE should put him back in a tag team. He is the perfect tag team wrestler.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Cyron posted:

isn't that what Cass is now? a big mussle partner with a guy who can speck for him. and it funny since both of them are products of the WWE performance center and people love them so i don't buy the fact people hate on roman because he is not a indie guy.

And people loved Roman when he was the hot tag dude in the shield.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Roman would be better if he was Roderick Strong instead.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Chromatic posted:

Roman Reigns favorite show is the Sopranos but he only watches the mobster parts and skips over the faggy therapist and family material.

He also only caught it when they were showing it on AMC edited for TV.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Roman Reigns is a good wrestler who is horribly miscast

Let's see:

His look is good, but he looks like a dick. He should be a heel. It's like making Diesel a face and how it ruined him. And Roman Reigns isn't nearly as likable as 'Big Sexy'

His personality is basically being a petulant dick who doesn't care about people. (Except his uces of course) This would be great as a heel. The whole 'gently caress you I'm too cool for this but then I'm also a badass who wins anyway' makes people hate him as a face, imagine how it would work as a heel.

He's a perfectly good wrestler, but he doesn't fit as a face at all. No one wants to see Roman Reigns sell all match. Even his best face matches have been when it's AJ Styles or someone bumping around for him and letting him be the guy getting the heat. The WWE formula is for a face to sell all match and then make a big comeback, this does not suit Roman Reigns (or with all apologizes to Ricky Steamboat, most modern fans)

He is also overshadowed by too many people. Making him the new John Cena is mind bogglingly dumb when the real John Cena is still around being better at it than him. People like the rest of the Shield more than him.

His ring attire sucks. His theme sucks. His promos suck.

Just let him be the smirking badass heel and he'd probably end up getting over huge as a face. But his current character is garbage and he's going to keep getting booed forever even if he becomes a cross between Michaels and Misawa in the ring.

That's the thing I've said about him before. The reason he sucks as a face is because he is the least relatable face in a long time. He is a good looking strong man who was explicitly told to us by the company that he was always going to be a star. There was never a moment where he wasn't going to be a big star. Especially when they were pushing him as anti establishment Roman. How was the audience supposed to buy him as anti establishment anti hero when we all know the establishment wanted him on top.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

LanceBurrito posted:

Much like Cena, he'll eventually have enough excellent matches that people will remember that he's the common factor in them.

Yet he won't have even a third of the natural charisma that Cena has.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
If Roman could get over maybe he would be fine, but he's not over. So he is bad.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

spudsbuckley posted:

Roman is a guy who should, by all rights, be a bland midcarder who eventually ends up in TNA except he is related to the Rock so they are trying to capture that lighting in a bottle again.

See also: the Uso's.

He is the Matt Morgan of this generation.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Bray is actually really good in the ring.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

He had good matches with Dean, but they always over gimmicked the poo poo out of them.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I hated his match against big show. It was a lot of lumbering around and some table spots.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
No, Roman is not good.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I think Romans matches were fun, but every match seems to have some gimmick where they stop the match for like 10 minutes.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I personally think everyone should be bullied. Let's bring bully culture back.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I'll say it again Roman sucks because he can't get over.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Whoa is it opposite day and nobody told me!?

It's actually facts day.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Yes Roman is good.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
No Roman is not good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob