Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

good wrestler, good character when they let him have a mean streak, is the whiny and entitled "millenial" vince claims to hate in real interviews, terrible john cena, an even worse rock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

some say he's the new diesel but he's really the new randy orton

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

I love when people say he is whiny or entitled when every other top babyface in history has thrown bigger hissy fits if the fans rejected them.

There is one exception, John Cena.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i28UEoLXVFQ

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

I love when people say he is whiny or entitled when every other top babyface in history has thrown bigger hissy fits if the fans rejected them.

There is one exception, John Cena.

my other response to this is that very few top babyfaces got as consistant of a rejection so early into their tenure

There, again, is one exception. John Cena.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

One thing I will note about Roman is there's a friend who I (mainly used to) watch PPVs with who just can't overlook the fact that Roman wears what appears to be a Kevlar vest. Not because of the look or anything, but he feels it somehow gives him an unfair advantage. I can try and tell him every time that in kayfabe it's no different than a shirt and doesn't offer any protection but any time he'd get chopped or beat he'd go on about Roman is a coward who needs chest protection like he was D'lo Brown

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Raskolnikov38 posted:

my god, I think we've finally discovered the dumbest reason to hate Roman

I personally believe it's only second to "he doesn't do enough moves"

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Roman Reigns had a really good match with Bray Wyatt who has had worse matches working with similar talent

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

big show

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

Amazing that AJ Styles was able to carry easily gassed, poor work ethic Roman Reigns to a better match than most of his matches with great wrestlers in Japan.

Roman Reigns is just so bad he made AJ Styles better!

those matches were really good but outside of maybe that first okada match where he won the belt in 2014 I can't think of any major njpw match that was better than

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Saying he posts in bad faith is absolutely rich, considering some of the ridiculous and pedantic attempts attempts at critique on Roman that could be summed up far more elegantly and honestly by simply saying "I don't like him".

more people need to get comfortable with saying "I just don't like him" not everyone you dislike is a bad wrestler, and hell, i love plenty of bad ones myself

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

gently caress you edge was great

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

people are still angry that a couple of proud somoans beat a couple of giant rednecks a few years ago

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Mercury Crusader posted:

Turn Roman heel and also don't give him a mic all the time.

Basically the AJ Styles NJPW treatment.

aj did plenty of promos in njpw

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

NienNunb posted:

Fat wrestlers are the best wrestlers.

roman is good but there is a plan that can make me root for him like he was in the shield

1) get a gut again
2) do moonsaults

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

rovert posted:

Two PPVs before Summerslam too.

this time The Push Will Work

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

All the best wrestlers did steroids Roman Reigns is just following in their footsteps and is great himself

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

NienNunb posted:

Juicing is really cool more wrestlers should do it

:yeah:

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

rovert posted:

It wasn't class A drugs or ROIDs. So Roman is bit more of a sympathetic case in light of that if true.

I mean, considering the reaction to the fan backlash (justified or not) both from the office and Roman himself in interviews, this mainly ends up sympathetic in an "icarus flew too close to the sun" sort of way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

That DICK! posted:

Roman: I'm telling ya, I didn't do anything!
Smarks: I don't care!

If it was just smarks who didn't like him house shows wouldn't be this bad.

• Locked thread