Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

There is no way they have $400 to spend

TNA or Matt, it looks like Matt's got a pretty sweet estate, how much loving money did TNA pay him, or WWE for that matter? Dude must have been smart where it counted, saving his cash while Jeff used it to make aluminum mummy friends and dumb trailer park art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Chris James 2 posted:

There is no way they have $400 to spend

They didn't need to, one of the Hardy's has one already because they use it to film Jeff's stupid riding stunts.

Someone told me that the Hardy's pretty much paid for this completely out of their own wallet.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Skinty McEdger posted:

They didn't need to, one of the Hardy's has one already because they use it to film Jeff's stupid riding stunts.

Someone told me that the Hardy's pretty much paid for this completely out of their own wallet.

Protip: The Hardys are rich as gently caress, largely because of that sweet, sweet Attitude Era money.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

In all honesty they're probably the two most likely to be paid on time, every time, in TNA because if Jeff Hardy leaves the company is right hosed for anyone resembling a draw. Not that Jeff Hardy is a draw in TNA especially, but he's the only one there that will ever get anyone to a TNA show, with respect to Baraka Dax or whatever.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Matt use to post what he had in his bank account all the time. Last I remember he had about 6.3 million.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Like the story I'm hearing is that TNA filmed a contract signing segment, they were going to use, and the Hardy's went off and did their own thing and then gave it to them. They pretty much have the freedom to do whatever they want, and the whole feud has been done by them.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Yeah Matt especially seems to have quite a lot of pull within the company. I imagine the signing of Everett and Lee, as well as Helms being in a prominent onscreen role in 2016 are all largely his doing. No way does Big John Gaburick know who Trevor Lee is.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I am caught up on how much nicer Matt's house is than Jeff's

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Jeff's house has a strange unexplained tendency to mysteriously burn down.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
If Jeff Hardy set himself on fire freebasing crack how long would it take people to realize its not a spot

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Skinty McEdger posted:

Like the story I'm hearing is that TNA filmed a contract signing segment, they were going to use, and the Hardy's went off and did their own thing and then gave it to them. They pretty much have the freedom to do whatever they want, and the whole feud has been done by them.

Jeff is a huge mover of merch for them. When he left the 1st time, his merch was still ranked as a top seller 6 months after he quit. The Hardys are lords of turd mountain.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Upon rewatching it, my favorite detail is that they used a lovely 5c Bic Pen for the contract signing

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

I'm the gardener

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I hope the Hardy Boys use their vast fortunes to buy TNA, kick Dixie to the curb, and use Impact Wrestling as their glorious Omega canvas to keep producing art like this

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

coconono posted:

Jeff is a huge mover of merch for them. When he left the 1st time, his merch was still ranked as a top seller 6 months after he quit. The Hardys are lords of turd mountain.

hell, he's probably the only mover.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Whoever filmed that definitely spent too much money on a drone and is trying really hard to justify their purchase by using it for shots that don't need it.

Like the fact that they used a drone to film Lashley in this gym...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-zcWDc1vHo

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

achillesforever6 posted:

HAhahaahahah they released a "director's cut" of it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jzScgAhSt0

This is the greatest thing ever. Alert Bryan and Vinny posthaste!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

keevo posted:

Whoever filmed that definitely spent too much money on a drone and is trying really hard to justify their purchase by using it for shots that don't need it.

Like the fact that they used a drone to film Lashley in this gym...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-zcWDc1vHo

Yup. They filmed this unnecessary one with Mike and Maria at what is apparently Dixie's house.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_trR0r1ZdLw

We just need drones

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

sad because in some ways its more effort than the fed puts in. but then its executed so poorly and the well is already long supersaturated with poison. the wwe wouldve done all those segments in front of a curtain backstage on the afternoon of the show

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the drones probably came with the nazis. That seems like a thing a nazi would do.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Dixie probably bought the drone from a guy with a kiosk at the mall and wrote it off as a business investment

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Dixie probably bought the drone from a guy with a kiosk at the mall and wrote it off as a business investment

She took the cash out of the envelope labeles production crew pay.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
I only saw this because Bryan Alvarez retweeted it. I've been waiting patiently for TNA to die but now I am glad they somehow still exist.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

flashy_mcflash posted:

Yup. They filmed this unnecessary one with Mike and Maria at what is apparently Dixie's house.

We just need drones

We just need more shots of Maria

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

flashy_mcflash posted:

We just need drones

when Bennett says that they'll get over to the Impact Zone and make a miracle does that mean they're gonna gently caress in the ring or what

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

Tato posted:

I hope the Hardy Boys use their vast fortunes to buy TNA, kick Dixie to the curb, and use Impact Wrestling as their glorious Omega canvas to keep producing art like this

I would totally watch TNH: Total Nonstop Hardys over Raw.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

you sure that isn't just the community pool in dixie's neighborhood...it had rule signs and there is even a "pool closed" sign in one shot

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Super No Vacancy posted:

sad because in some ways its more effort than the fed puts in. but then its executed so poorly and the well is already long supersaturated with poison. the wwe wouldve done all those segments in front of a curtain backstage on the afternoon of the show

I suspect at least part of it is that WWE puts its whole crew on the road for 300 days a year while a TNA commitment is only 3-4 grueling taping days every 2 months. No wonder Mike and Maria look so relaxed.

Blizz Pizz Love Us
Aug 18, 2015

by exmarx
When I read, "Shocking final moments of #IMPACTonPop," I assumed that meant they'd been dropped from their station (again), and this was the final TNA segment to air on tv. I'm a little bit heartbroken that isn't the case. This would've been the perfect ending to the TNA saga.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
It is the perfect segment to end all of wrestling

In like 2 minutes it contains everything great and wonderful about professional wrestling

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
TNA Discussion in June is We Like TNA Again.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Blast Fantasto posted:

It is the perfect segment to end all of wrestling

In like 2 minutes it contains everything great and wonderful about professional wrestling

I didn't see any Kane

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Matt and Jeff Awesome Show Great Job

Mister E
Oct 2, 2006

by exmarx

Angular Landbury posted:

TNA Discussion in June is We Like TNA Again.

I don't know about TNA as a whole but I like this Hardy Boys soap opera/performance art thing going on for sure. This is why movies and shows that try and wink at the camera and know they're bad have trouble with the "bad, but we're doing it on purpose" thing. You can't beat the magic that comes from someone putting their hearts into something genuinely and it turning out to be such a trainwreck.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
It was utter stupidity and super entertaining.

It did nothing that would make me want to buy Slammiversary to watch a full Metal mayhem match between the two.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I get the very sincere impression Matt Hardy isnt being ironic

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

I'm kind of convinced now that after TNA finally dies, OMEGA will be the big competitor to WWE

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
TNA Owns

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

I still can't get over that loving table.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Anyone who bitches about the WWE having writers and such should be forced to watch this Clockwork Orange-style because this is what happens when you let these morons book their own poo poo.

• Locked thread