Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
And he might be kicked off permanently!

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/siriusxm-suspends-glenn-beck-over-guest-s-extreme-comments-about-n583501

quote:

SiriusXM satellite radio said Tuesday that it has suspended Glenn Beck's morning show for at least a week and may not bring it back after Beck agreed with a guest who made comments widely interpreted as supporting the assassination of GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump.

"SiriusXM encourages a diversity of discourse and opinion on our talk programs," the company said in a statement.

"However, comments recently made by a guest on the independently produced Glenn Beck Program, in our judgement, may be reasonably construed by some to have been advocating harm against an individual currently running for office, which we cannot and will not condone," it said.

Brad Thor, author of numerous best-selling thrillers — including one titled "Path of the Assassin" — likened Trump to a South American dictator on Beck's show May 25 and said that if Trump were to become president and turn out to be a tyrant, illegal means might be required to remove him from office.

"With the feckless, spineless Congress we have, who will stand in the way of Donald Trump overstepping his constitutional authority as president?" Thor asked in the 15-minute interview, the full audio of which was obtained by NBC News.

"If Congress won't remove him from office, what patriot will step up and do that if he oversteps his mandate as president, his constitutional-granted authority, I should say, as president. If he oversteps that, how do we get him out of office?" Thor continued, adding:

"And I don't think there is a legal means available. I think it will be a terrible, terrible position the American people will be in to get Trump out of office, because you won't be able to do it through Congress."

Beck responded: "I would agree with you on that, and I don't think you actually have the voices — we've been talking about, we've been talking about this off-air for a while."

Thor's comments drew harsh criticism on social media and conservative news sites, where he was widely accused of having called for Trump's assassination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

forums poster "Immortan" can copy and paste news articles! this is an exciting day, can anyone make a video of it?

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

This is going to be remembered as the event of the century, it would really suck if somebody couldn't video this and upload it to youtube.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

satanic splash-back posted:

forums poster "Immortan" can copy and paste news articles! this is an exciting day, can anyone make a video of it?

Mormon spotted.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

This is going to be remembered as the event of the century, it would really suck if somebody couldn't video this and upload it to youtube.

Coverage of this will air tomorrow, be patient.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Immortan posted:

Coverage of this will air tomorrow, be patient.

i can't wait for you to copy and paste that too, i'm sure it will be excellent and filled with interesting ideas and jokes, just like all your posts so far

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

i can't wait for you to copy and paste that too, i'm sure it will be excellent and filled with interesting ideas and jokes, just like all your posts so far

The embarrassing thing about you (aside from your lovely posts) is that you really bought that avatar, and thought it was a good idea.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Whoa, get a room you two.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Kuato posted:

Whoa, get a room you two.

I'm just trying to gloat over Glenn Beck's misery here.

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001
Trump is good for America

God drat you Glenn Beck

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Apparently the week he's suspended for is the week he's on holiday.

http://www.glennbeck.com/2016/05/31/siriusxm-proves-to-be-run-by-cowards/

quote:

It’s worth noting that brave, bold SiriusXM waited for Glenn Beck to go on vacation for this week to suspend him for this very same week.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Wait. He's still relevant?

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Wedemeyer posted:

Wait. He's still relevant?

The Priesthood is rising.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Keep us posted.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Lol what is with his face?

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Crow_Rodeo posted:

Goin' down on your mom is dirty work.

Serrath
Mar 17, 2005

I have nothing of value to contribute
Ham Wrangler
Every big name who goes over to satellite radio seems to disappear from society until they say something extreme that puts them back in the spotlight. We used to have a 1,000 page mega thread dealing with the insane poo poo Beck used to say when he was on Fox and this is the first article I've heard of him since he moved to Sirius.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

leave immortan alone he is my friend

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
He looks like a fat Dr Drew.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
lol

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

ya know if they had threatened obama or a left wing president no disciplinary action would be taken!

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Crow_Rodeo posted:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/29/politics/glenn-beck-donald-trump-cheetos/

Trump got under his skin the same way I apparently got under satanic splash-back's. :sad:

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Glenn Beck is my fav because he thinks everyone who isn't him is a communist, it's p cute :3:

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
i work for gleen beck

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Gaunab posted:

i work for gleen beck

I didn't know he hired a knob polisher, he's pretty fancy

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

mdm posted:

I didn't know he hired a knob polisher, he's pretty fancy

that's you mom's position, i work on his website

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
I hope no one assassinates this post.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Harrower posted:

I hope no one assassinates this post.

its a bad post so i'm gonna be the only one to recognize it and quarantine it. someones gotta do it.

:siren: ALL CIVILIANS REMAIN 100 YARDS AWAY FROM THIS BAD POST. THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION AND WE WILL HAVE IT CONTAINED AS SOON AS WE CAN.:siren:

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
if Glenn Beck hates Trump, I guess Trump is a good candidate

Malinois
Jun 13, 2003

lohli posted:

Apparently the week he's suspended for is the week he's on holiday.

http://www.glennbeck.com/2016/05/31/siriusxm-proves-to-be-run-by-cowards/

How convenient.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Ein cooler Typ posted:

if Glenn Beck hates Trump, I guess Trump is a good candidate

that's what I was thinking, all of the absolute worst people seem to hate Trump the most. It's a powerful endorsement of him

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

We got a new fancy rule thread and now all of a sudden things are getting worse, not better. How is that possible?

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

We got a new fancy rule thread and now all of a sudden things are getting worse, not better. How is that possible?

I would describe my forums moderation preferences as libertarian, and

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Imagine if horses could vote

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Wasn't he going to build a libertarian city at some point? Perhaps he now has the time.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Glenn beck says he did the cheetoh thing as a joke but him and khaki Dave had ragers just desperately fighting the pleats and fupas to get some air time

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

social vegan posted:

Imagine if horses could vote

"Is your voter a horse?"

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

be the change you want to see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

:iiam:

• Locked thread