Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Hey people who like playing games and discussing this fact. Here's a place to do that with some like minded people. Just before you do that remember:

1) every game that looks cool at e3 will either be bad or never come out
2) that game you like is probably actually really anime and on that topic...
3) a new guilty gear, a new star ocean, tokyo mirage sessions , a remake of odin sphere and maybe even zero escape 3 are coming out this month
4) also a new kirby is coming out but that's not very anime
5) also a new mirror's edge and mighty number 9 are coming out but :lol:
6) you'll probably just be playing overwatch anyways because it's really good

and most importantly
6) games are cool and fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I wanna be all cynical and jaded, but that's impossible. New Kirby game this month.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

In preparation I am watching all the bad Zelda speculation videos on youtube.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
marvel vs capcom but its splatoon vs overwatch

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
That 3DS Metroid came up towards the end of the last thread and I was thinking that the reaction to it would probably be completely different if they had just skinned it as a Splatoon game rather than Metroid. Even if it just played like a typical shooter with almost none other f the things that make Splatoon unique, people would just be excited to get a portable Splatoon game

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

axleblaze posted:

That 3DS Metroid came up towards the end of the last thread and I was thinking that the reaction to it would probably be completely different if they had just skinned it as a Splatoon game rather than Metroid. Even if it just played like a typical shooter with almost none other f the things that make Splatoon unique, people would just be excited to get a portable Splatoon game

I've been hoping Nintendo would sell me a 3DS Splatoon game that is a long single player campaign.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

axleblaze posted:

I imagine people wouldn't be so caustic towards it if they just said "yeah we're just doing a little spinoff game it'll be a fun multiplayer thing for people to mess around with" instead of "this game DESERVES to be called metroid, c'mon guys, look, it's metroid, just like you wanted, here let me explain it to you, it's metroid, we've done a good job of making sure it really is metroid and that it fits into the canon of metroid!"

It's like that popcorn factory sketch from whitest kids but instead of being about trying to explain how wanting to bang a lady who has testicles, it's about trying to convince everybody this is the metroid game they want and that it totally deserves the metroid title and stuff.

It's kinda sad cause I'm sure the game will be fun but I feel like their marketing for it has just been all wrong

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Wamdoodle posted:

In addition to Action Doom, try out Action Doom 2. It turns the game into a brawler. http://action.mancubus.net
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcavFCKk87w

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Ten glorious years of the Giant Enemy Crab meme.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
That meme even made it into dark souls 3

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Okay, 13 days to EEE, but I'm bored and hopped up on crazy.

The Sheikah Eye, Twilight Palace connection is a good place to start, but it doesn't go far enough. The story is one where the Sheikah have been banished, ala Twilight Princess, but it was a frame job. Evil needed them out of the way so it could start wrecking up the place. That's where the game starts. A monster attacks the Gerudo village where Link was raised. This is the scene depicted in the 2014 trailer. Link's so torn up about the trouble s/he causes that s/he sets out on a quest to find out what the gently caress is up. Link is definitely a bit more of a mystery in this one. See, the rumors about choosing Link's gender are true, but you're also able to to choose if they're Hylian or Sheikah as well.

Also, you get all your items normally found in dungeons by completing Majora's Mask style quests. The Boomerang is usually the first thing you'll get in a really easy gimmie quest, but you can totally skip it.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:
Remember that Eurogamer article going around about Lionhead Studios' closure, and how a lot of the people on the team said they really didn't like working on a free-to-play game? lol

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/flamingfowl/fable-fortune-a-fable-ccg-with-co-op-pvp-and-quest

quote:

Set in the whimsical world of Albion, Fable Fortune is a Fable themed free-to-play collectible card game (CCG) that combines the franchise's most cherished gameplay systems with an array of pioneering game modes. We are planning to launch the game on PC (Steam & Windows Store) & Xbox One with the potential for Android and iOS versions to follow at a later date. Our initial target of £250k is to enable us to reach closed beta on PC.

Pretty cool that Microsoft let them use the Fable license though, definitely didn't expect that to fly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I'm dumb. There was already a thread.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3778383
Oh well :(