Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Joementum posted:

True, but he did conspicuously propose this a month before the party convention where there's going to be a fight over the platform. Good way to influence the future direction of his party, and its candidates.

Obama is basically going to play the role of unifer for the party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Nice to see that Obama decided that Candidate Obama was a pretty cool dude and that he should let that guy run things for his last year in office.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

People that make $50k or less over the cap are going to freak the gently caress out when they raise/remove it even though it absolutely needs to be done.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

fknlo posted:

People that make $50k or less over the cap are going to freak the gently caress out when they raise/remove it even though it absolutely needs to be done.

Wait, what?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Obama is basically going to play the role of unifer for the party.

Him and Jimmy, if Jimmy's still up for it.

Once you make over $118,500 you no longer pay SS tax on income. Removing the cap makes SS solvent basically forever.

Zeroisanumber fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jun 1, 2016

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Luigi Thirty posted:

Obama has finally figured out Republicans will reflexively oppose everything he says, 7 years and 6 months into his presidency, proposes increasing social security.

He's known this for a while. He's going to tell people not to stay up for three days straight before the election and to make sure they drink plenty of water.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

FAUXTON posted:

The outcome being that the GOP is now going to be railing against social security during an election year.

Classic Trollbama

I mean, obviously it couldn't have happened this way because it was the Obama presidency that laid the ground for the Trump candidacy, but imagine if Hillary had won in 2008 and 2016 was Trump vs full-on Campaign Obama.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

DACK FAYDEN posted:

There's that story about President Garfield and Alexander Graham Bell, does that count?

(Metal bullet inside him, metal detector to find it, but the bed had metal springs and nobody in the room understood both the metal detector and the bed.)

Yup. It is believed that, had the doctors not seen him at all, he probably would have survived.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Do not doubt him on that, dammit. He didn't say that for the heck of it.

Anyone else ever notice how often he repeats that phrase?

Trump does it as well. It's a pretty classic tell that the person doing it is being less than truthful.

zoux posted:

I mean, obviously it couldn't have happened this way because it was the Obama presidency that laid the ground for the Trump candidacy, but imagine if Hillary had won in 2008 and 2016 was Trump vs full-on Campaign Obama.

Romney would have won in 2012.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Peztopiary posted:

Romney would have won in 2012.

Romney family account spotted.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

People that don't earn a ton of money over the cap legit look forward to hitting it because it makes a noticeable difference on your paycheck. My last few paychecks are generally over and it's really nice but I think that the cap needs to be removed. A large number of people in a similar situation are not going to be cool with that at all.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

It was a random number of people posting in the USPOL May thread. There was never any actual response about it from mods/admins or anything that I know of though.

Specifically, immediately after it kicked off.

I think we can probably safely assume a goon was drunk.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

zoux posted:

Not nearly enough.

Given the simplicity of his reasoning, he's about to have an existential crisis once he hears of Ambam.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
I'm not good with reading polls, what's wrong with this one's methods? (Besides the ANY DAY NOW factor about the indictment).

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/may_2016/50_say_clinton_should_keep_running_even_if_indicted

71% of Democratic voters say she should keep running if indicted.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

The Mandingo posted:

I'm not good with reading polls, what's wrong with this one's methods? (Besides the ANY DAY NOW factor about the indictment).

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/may_2016/50_say_clinton_should_keep_running_even_if_indicted

71% of Democratic voters say she should keep running if indicted.

Ras is just bad because they have a baked in heavy R house effect.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Some of their questions seem to be sorta useless. 40% of people say they're less likely to vote for Hillary because of the emails.

Does that include people who were never ever going to vote for her in a million years?

Would you be less likely to vote for Adolf Hitler if you heard he kicked a dog in 1944?

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
There's a full demographic breakdown for any Rasmussen platinum members. I'm wondering how many Democratic voters were included in that 1000 person poll.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Ras is just bad because they have a baked in heavy R house effect.

I seem to remember them having some outdated methodological issues as well, although I can't remember specifically what it was.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
Mitch McConnell said a thing.

quote:

"...suggesting the efforts were motivated by Democratic partisanship. “It’s not really about knocking down barriers. There are no serious barriers to voting anymore anywhere in America.”

“What was struck down were the provisions that absurdly treated the South differently,” McConnell told USA Today, in reference to the Shelby decision. “They don’t apply anymore. It’s 50 years later."

They treated the south differently :qq:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Sword of Chomsky posted:

Hmm I wonder why? I'm sure it's just random, right Mitch?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

zoux posted:

I mean, obviously it couldn't have happened this way because it was the Obama presidency that laid the ground for the Drumpf candidacy, but imagine if Hillary had won in 2008 and 2016 was Drumpf vs full-on Campaign Obama.

You'd have the first presidential candidate in 50 years letting an N-bomb slip in full (lovely Dick's "government nig" doesn't count) on nationally broadcast live television.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

MariusLecter posted:

He means boning older women.

Actually he means

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Sword of Chomsky posted:

This is almost textbook gas-lighting, just completely flipping reality on its head.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rhesus Pieces posted:

This is almost textbook gas-lighting, just completely flipping reality on its head.

In order to gaslight someone, they must first actually believe it happened.

Now this supposed Trump candidate on the other hand...

Rubber Tucky
Oct 14, 2004

Next time I will pay attention while choosing my thread tags.
Some lady on the subway the other day told me she thinks Trump is scary but illegal immigrants get paid more in welfare than social security pays out so coming out in favor of increasing social security is a good move by Obama.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

FAUXTON posted:

You'd have the first presidential candidate in 50 years letting an N-bomb slip in full (lovely Dick's "government nig" doesn't count) on nationally broadcast live television.

Don't forget Santorum

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Gravel Gravy posted:

Don't forget Santorum

Some of his friends are blah people.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Rubber Tucky posted:

Some lady on the subway the other day told me she thinks Trump is scary but illegal immigrants get paid more in welfare than social security pays out so coming out in favor of increasing social security is a good move by Obama.

I can't wait until I'm old and it becomes socially acceptable to be wrong at everything.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

zoux posted:

Not nearly enough.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Vgcats, really?

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

DemeaninDemon posted:

I can't wait until I'm old and it becomes socially acceptable to be wrong at everything.

The internet generations won't have as much of a problem staying in basic touch with reality. Won't solve the problem, but it will be a lot better than it is now.

I don't even know how old people formed their opinions, but I assume it was a series of racist campfire stories. That's how people used to learn stuff before the internet, right?

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Taima posted:

The internet generations won't have as much of a problem staying in basic touch with reality.

AHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

DemeaninDemon posted:

Are you a white male? If so I have good news for you!

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Taima posted:

The internet generations won't have as much of a problem staying in basic touch with reality. Won't solve the problem, but it will be a lot better than it is now.

The internet makes it even easier to find people who agree with you, about anything.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

DemeaninDemon posted:

Eh, She's right but came to the correct solution through wrong reasons.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Taima posted:

Two Thousand and loving Six and you think this?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Reality will soon be meaningless as we leave this putrid flesh behind and enter the digital realm.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Grondoth posted:

Two Thousand and loving Six and you think this?

:raise:

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Regdate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
That stupid post is correct in one (1) regard: the age of the internet has made the canonization of any politician impossible.

• Locked thread