Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

It's June already and nobody else made a thread. So here's a thread for June.

Your topic for this month is...I don't know, uh, discuss your favorite...poo poo, I really have nothing.

Keep talking about superheroes fighting the devil, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I was going to make one about Static/Milestone but eh. Next month is mine then.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Put down comic books and finally do something constructive with your life.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

I think this month should be devoted to everyone's favorite breakout star from Annihilation: Conquest, Wraith!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Wasn't Wraith supposed to be ROM?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Also, remember everyone's favorite waifu from the same time? FORERUNNER!!

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...
I have read the comic books and I have determined that they are alright.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Soonmot posted:

I guess that makes sense what with the other Spaceknights being part of the set up.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Wraith combines the worst elements of Drizz't Do'Urden and New Lobo.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

RIP The Jokester

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

RIP The Jokester

Again?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Soonmot posted:

Allegedly.

And by Allegedly yes, totally but Hasbro said nope gently caress that.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

June starts with a J so what if we made the thread about the best character ever whose name begins with that letter? This is now Jimmy Olsen Month. Pyf Jimmy Olsen.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Travis343 posted:

June starts with a J so what if we made the thread about the best character ever whose name begins with that letter? This is now Jimmy Olsen Month. Pyf Jimmy Olsen.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Travis343 posted:

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

the best J character is definitely JEMIAH, the Analyzer

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I read this guardian article yesterday about how Mignola is giving up Hellboy to paint, what the hell?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

Travis343 posted:

Never change, Jimmy

Also this

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
Look, if I want a weird-o red-headed sidekick I'm going with Rick Jones.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The anti life equation turned out to be real simple huh

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

Travis343 posted:

I agree with your suggestion, but what does that second half of your post have to do with the first half?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

DrProsek posted:

I agree with your suggestion, but what does that second half of your post have to do with the first half?

Jubilee can have July, the only month anybody uses fireworks.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Travis343 posted:

Tell that to my neighbors.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Soonmot posted:

Isn't that kinda like rebranding Donatello as "Foot" or something?

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

Travis343 posted:

But June is the release of X-Men Apocalypse in China, where Jubilee makes her big screen debut as a character with like 3 lines, never uses her powers, and (iirc) is never actually referred to as Jubilee! Just what the fans always wanted!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

This is the subtle background foreshadowing of my big appearance on the final page that you only notice on second reading.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

DrProsek posted:

But June is the release of X-Men Apocalypse in China, where Jubilee makes her big screen debut as a character with like 3 lines, never uses her powers, and (iirc) is never actually referred to as Jubilee! Just what the fans always wanted!
Nobody ever calls her by name (either real or superhero). It's one of the many, many weird and disappointing things about the movie.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Travis343 posted:

Only for you yanks. For the poms, it would be November.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Madkal posted:

I dont think small fluffy dogs should be given fireworks, sorry.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I liked Wraith in Annihilation: Conquest. I mean, he was super duper forgettable, but I liked him.

I just really liked Annihilation: Conquest in general, though.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Madkal posted:

There's also new years eve.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

I like Wraith's poncho and actively didn't hate his pistol/whip. I'd like him better with slightly stronger desperado styling (a hat, e.g.) and less goober angst about having a cloud of offbrand Venom instead of a soul.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Travis343 posted:

I always thought it was weird that Silver Age Jimmy Olsen stories treated him like a teenager even though he was a grown rear end man who lived on his own.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

muscles like this? posted:

I always thought it was weird that Silver Age Jimmy Olsen stories treated him like a teenager even though he was a grown rear end man who lived on his own.

But he had the attitude of a teenager. Really Jimmy Olsen is all of us.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

DrProsek posted:

So exactly like her role in the original trilogy then?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Madkal posted:

But he had the attitude of a teenager. Really Jimmy Olsen is all of us.

Yeah Jimmy Olsen is real wish fulfillment for comic book nerds. He's grown up, has his own place, is a huge fan of Superman, but he also gets to be Superman's best buddy.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I'm vacationing in Seattle this weekend, any good comic shops I need to check out?

I'm going to hang out here friday night if anyone wants to play boardgames with other internet nerds: http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.moxboardinghouse.com%2Fballard%2F&h=HAQFcN3SY&s=1

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

Choco1980 posted:

So exactly like her role in the original trilogy then?

Basically, but this time there was a bit more attention for Jubilee pre-release so there was more hope.

Also there was this which was far better advertising than XM:A deserved:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kniQrk9jw0

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

muscles like this? posted:

Jimmy was treated exactly as he should have been regardless of his age

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Soonmot posted:

I'm vacationing in Seattle this weekend, any good comic shops I need to check out?

I'm going to hang out here friday night if anyone wants to play boardgames with other internet nerds: http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.moxboardinghouse.com%2Fballard%2F&h=HAQFcN3SY&s=1

The fantagraphics store is cool, and connected to a record shop. If you're into that sorta thing.

• Locked thread