Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
:v:

(Seriously, how is Colorado still in first place?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Soccer is on tonight.

DC and Seattle always makes for a good matchup. Both teams are a bit depleted due to Copa duties, so it's basically Lucho vs Morris.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris

whypick1 posted:

(Seriously, how is Colorado still in first place?)

i believe the explanation for this that's been pushed by the league is that the league is full of parody.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Soccer is on tonight.

DC and Seattle always makes for a good matchup. Both teams are a bit depleted due to Copa duties, so it's basically Lucho vs Morris.

I've watched way too many nationally televised DC matches this year and I can assure you, they do not always make for good soccer. Very rarely in fact,.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Tigren posted:

I've watched way too many nationally televised DC matches this year and I can assure you, they do not always make for good soccer. Very rarely in fact,.

Most of the time. And sometimes Lucho goes off and we win 4-0. And with Dead Man Kamara, who's to even say.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Most of the time. And sometimes Lucho goes off and we win 4-0. And with Dead Man Kamara, who's to even say.

Nah, if there's anyone on that team who won't dazzle, it's that small guy. He's just a small version of Eddie Johnson. All flash and no substance and not even that much flash.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I'm not sure whether I should be happy or not that I won't be able to watch tonight's lineup of bad team vs worse team

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I just had a poo poo day at work, so it's only fitting that I will soon watch my poo poo team play another poo poo team in a poo poo match they will probably lose because of a poo poo PK call.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

fabinho is so loving awful. jesus.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

How the gently caress was Neagle that wide open?

And how did he miss?

edit: Guess we got away with a handball in the box (nevermind Frei was getting fouled in the process).

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jun 2, 2016

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010
What in the everloving gently caress was that red card for?

kami
Feb 10, 2004

GATTACA!!
GATTACA!!
Casey may have just gotten the softest straight red in MLS history. Jeez...

kami
Feb 10, 2004

GATTACA!!
GATTACA!!
Herbers just upper 90'd the gently caress outta that shot! DOOP

letthereberock
Sep 4, 2004

kami posted:

Casey may have just gotten the softest straight red in MLS history. Jeez...

As a ref, when you give a straight red, and the guy who got fouled is like "the gently caress?" maybe it's time to pack it in.

All the fouls dished out by Columbus tonight, I'm not sure if that one would crack the top 10.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

^^^ video of the reaction: https://streamable.com/loyn

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010

Most certainly violent conduct.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

siggy2021 posted:

Most certainly violent conduct.

skinhead profiling..shameful stuff MLS

kami
Feb 10, 2004

GATTACA!!
GATTACA!!
Been watching Casey get horribly unnecessary "reputation" bookings for years. That's definitely the worst one I can remember though.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

A GOAL!

FOR THE SOUNDERS FOR ONCE!

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
DC United status: still terrible. How Olsen expects to get points with Buscher and Aguilar on the field, I will never know.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Wait, we're allowed to score multiple goals in a game?

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

joshtothemaxx posted:

DC United status: still terrible. How Olsen expects to get points with Buscher and Aguilar on the field, I will never know.

Agreed. DC is very awful and Lucho is also bad.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Ben Olsen just sold me a turd sandwich.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Somehow still in the running for a playoff spot despite a 3-4-1 record at home and 1 win away. Derp derp league

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

the curse of lardman conor casey is real af

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I know it's the colors of their original incarnation, but it's really weird to see the Earthquakes wear red.

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

whypick1 posted:

I know it's the colors of their original incarnation, but it's really weird to see the Earthquakes wear red.

Whereas for someone who watched the original NASL San Jose Earthquakes play at Spartan Stadium it looks just like it should. :corsair:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Oh hey, a far less-controversial red.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Garbage red for Asprilla. Timbers will still win 3-2.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

whypick1 posted:

Oh hey, a far less-controversial red.

Was it? They haven't shown a replay and every one around me is confused as gently caress.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

highme posted:

Was it? They haven't shown a replay and every one around me is confused as gently caress.

Less but still controversial. Elbow to the head but the guys head was low and while Asprilla led with the elbow, it didn't look too intentional.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
DC United are a loving trash fire. Unless they plan on making a cup run, this season should cost Olsen his job. And yet, because the East is equally wretched, we're in playoff contention.

Jared Jeffrey is a shitlord. Lucho needs some drat technique. Espíndola is past it. Bobby Boswell is insanely past it.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Goddamn SJ, you suck

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

whypick1 posted:

Goddamn SJ, you suck

I mean, they're no Seattle.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Texas Derby status: very wet.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Rico Clark could be 100 years old and Dallas is still going to bring the fire out in him. What a shot!

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Hey, there is soccer on! NYC v PHI going on right now. Certainly the best soccer available this Saturday...

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
The best soccer available in this specific fifty minute window, indisputably.

(are NYCFC actually going to win a game at home? :aaaaa: Philly definitely seem to be missing Nogueira, hopefully they're able to replace him when the transfer window opens up again.)

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Dallan Invictus posted:

are NYCFC actually going to win a game at home? :aaaaa:
One sign of the apocalypse down...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Despite their own best efforts.

• Locked thread