Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

David Accam! :allears:

He scores early to put Chicago ahead of Philadelphia in a game that approximately ten people in the world are watching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Good lord, Chicago.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Roland Alberg clearly has Something To Prove, hide your loved ones.

letthereberock
Sep 4, 2004

Wow Chicago is bad.

Oh look, a hat-trick.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Anyone else have the munchies?
That was a yellow on Sjoberg? Really Penso? What the hell.

First call of the game. Geez.

TheBoyBlunder fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jun 23, 2016

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

For being undermanned (jones, Gashi, Williams, Burch, Burling) the Rapids look not terrible. Nervous and rushing plays maybe, but not terrible.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Castillo gets an elbow in the chops from McBean and gets stepped on by McBean and no call? Cmon Penso wake up.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Scoreless at the half. Considering just under 2 years ago was the infamous Joe Nasco red card game that was a pretty good first half.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Hm. Gerard in for LA. Will the Rapids make a sub before 80' in response?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
A ridiculous deflection goal followed by a Collin red. poo poo game, Real poo poo

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Lol Rapids color guy said "expect to see the Rapids make a change soon" at 64'. I doubt this guy has seen many games this year because Pablo hasn't subbed all year until 80'.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

And McBean goes flying in on Watts, leg out and studs first. catches Watts in the middle, no card. This ref is poo poo.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

My god a sub from Pablo before 75'. Is Pablo feeling ill?

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

And free safety Azira tackles wide receiver Gerrard and gets a yellow. Not a tough call.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Ref calls a PK, linesman calls it back and gives a free kick instead, and Powers wastes it. Figures.

Quote != edit. Doh...

TheBoyBlunder fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jun 23, 2016

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

TheBoyBlunder posted:

Ref calls a PK, linesman calls it back and gives a free kick instead, and Powers wastes it. Figures.

Actually the record will show that Powers took the free...ah hell you edited already. :v:

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Moktaro posted:

Actually the record will show that Powers took the free...ah hell you edited already. :v:

Yeah lol...I'm quick sometimes.

Edit - still feels like the Rapids can get 3 points here unless, of course, they depend on Powers for a delivery.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Mildly disappointing 0-0 result but the Rapids made it through the Copa, the Euros and some injuries (Pappa) with a 11 game unbeaten streak and 2 points a game still. Eh. Fine.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Yeah I'll never complain too much about getting a point at LA.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

Moktaro posted:

Yeah I'll never complain too much about getting a point at LA.

For a 0-0 draw, that was a highly entertaining game. I would have liked a drat goal, but not a loss is good.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Sounders/NYCFC bumped to ESPNNEWS (from ESPN) for the kickoff...but this time it's because of other soccer (CRO-POR in ET). Progress!

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Seattle dead. Maybe spend some money and actually won some games scrubs

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

HANDBALL! BULLSHIT

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Sounders not gonna make playoffs

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I think at the point I'll only be watching Sounders games to see how bad it can get (and how badly the refs gently caress us in the process).

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given
drat, being a legitimately bad team sucks.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Nothing is beautiful and everything hurts

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Hello.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

gently caress blowing these late leads. Garbage.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Orlando gets the PK in the 100th minute! Yes 100'

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Goaaaaaaaaaaaaaalll

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
DC United won. It was funny.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal
I know MLS isnt the greatest league but watching it back to back with Copa has been pretty interesting in that Ive found myself relatively impressed with the level of play in MLS this season. Cali Clasico was a much more impressive game than Colombia vs US tonight.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

AccountSupervisor posted:

I know MLS isnt the greatest league but watching it back to back with Copa has been pretty interesting in that Ive found myself relatively impressed with the level of play in MLS this season. Cali Clasico was a much more impressive game than Colombia vs US tonight.

I completely disagree but then again I watch TFC

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Western teams are objectively better. They spend more money on better talent. The coaching is better. They have more to prove, because they're newer than the originals on the east.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Western teams are objectively better. They spend more money on better talent. The coaching is better. They have more to prove, because they're newer than the originals on the east.

It really shows too. There have only been two MLS Cup champions from the East within the past 10 years, and one of those teams was so much better than the East that they moved them to the West.

It feels like DC United used to be in MLS Cup a lot. What happened with that?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

The only reason the West is "better" is because the time zone difference effects Eastern teams more, the only reason

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jun 27, 2016

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
Are you saying the Eastern teams are bad because of jetlag?:crossarms:

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

http://deadspin.com/5934440/the-circadian-advantage-how-sleep-patterns-benefit-certain-nfl-teams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Tigren posted:

It really shows too. There have only been two MLS Cup champions from the East within the past 10 years, and one of those teams was so much better than the East that they moved them to the West.

It feels like DC United used to be in MLS Cup a lot. What happened with that?

Stopped spending money, ran up huge debt due to giant archaic stadium, new owners playing Flip This Franchise, Ben Olsen

• Locked thread