Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

FogHelmut posted:

I remember he had to go on TV and poo poo and be like "it wasnt me and you guys are dumb as hell"

Eric & Dylan were definitely not one of the Beautiful People.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Awesome Welles posted:

No they weren't. Dave Cullen explains this very well in his book Columbine and numerous other outlets have since reported that there was no mention of bullying in their diaries and they had a pretty good circle of friends.

Dsve cullens book is utter trash and there's been far better books on the subject which debunk his claims

He also conveniently misses the documented evidence of serious disciplinary problems at columbine. Either he never bothered to look them up or he just omitted them.

The whole book was a lazy cash in based on his atlantic aricles, many of which turned out to be really poorly researched

OXBALLS DOT COM fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jun 1, 2016

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

no YOU'RE trash :smug:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
In terms of easily accessible books, i think No Easy Answers by Rob Merritt and Brooks Brown (who knew both Harris and Klebold) is probably the best short treatment.

If you actually get access to their diaries via academic sources you'll find that they're actually just boring-rear end teen angst and only surprising in terms of being utterly unremarkable

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Immortan posted:

They want to disarm blacks and hispanics in the LA metro area.

this worked great for Chicago

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/31/us/chicago-memorial-day-violence/

Commissar Budgie
Aug 10, 2011

I am a Commissar. I am empowered to deliver justice wherever I see it lacking. I am empowered to punish cowardice. I am granted the gift of total authority to judge, in the name of the Emperor, on the field of combat.
how many killings constitute a spree? do you have to call in a UAV drone?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Commissar Budgie posted:

wikipedia has had enormous pages long debates about this and apparently the answer is "4"

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Commissar Budgie posted:

Bushman held for questioning

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
A rampage killer has been defined as follows:

A rampage involves the (attempted) killing of multiple persons least partly in public space by a single physically present perpetrator using (potentially) deadly weapons in a single event without any cooling-off period.[1]

This list should contain every case with at least one of the following features:

Rampage killings with 6 or more dead (excluding the perpetrator)
Rampage killings with at least 4 people killed and a double digit number of victims (dead plus injured)
Rampage killings with at least 12 victims (dead plus injured)

All abbreviations used in the table are explained below.

The W-column gives a basic description of the weapons used in the murders

F – Firearms and other ranged weapons, especially rifles and handguns, but also bows and crossbows, grenade launchers, flamethrowers, or slingshots
M – Melee weapons, like knives, swords, spears, machetes, axes, clubs, rods, rocks, or bare hands
O – Any other weapons, such as bombs, hand grenades, Molotov cocktails, poison and poisonous gas, as well as vehicle and arson attacks

A – indicates that an arson attack was the only other weapon used
V – indicates that a vehicle was the only other weapon used
E – indicates that explosives of any sort were the only other weapon used

loving wikipedia man wtf

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

I know the devil is real.
I know the devil is real.
i took some photos of the police and their collective erections over getting to use the campus as a paramilitary day camp

in case it is not clear, every single vehicle in these pictures is a police car, except for the fire trucks and media vans

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
last week i had a dream that i didnt study for a final exam then i woke up and was like "lol i graduated years ago" and went to work and barely did poo poo all day and got paid then drank some post-work beers

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
also mods knew

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
lol at the armored truck marked "RESCUE"

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

And it will work in LA!

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Mange Mite posted:

If you actually get access to their diaries via academic sources you'll find that they're actually just boring-rear end teen angst and only surprising in terms of being utterly unremarkable

Like the fantasy of raping a woman and killing her by biting her throat out? The one that was depressed wrote about being depressed and wanting to die. The psychopathic one wrote about wanting to kill the human race. Neither of those things seem particularly typical of teenagers.

Just because there were bullies at the school that were a problem doesn't mean the killers cared about bullying. They only mention jocks at all to say that they resent them for being good at things and having things the killers desire.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Mange Mite posted:

lol at the armored truck marked "RESCUE"

Well, it depends on who or what they want to rescue...

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

GRILLARY CLINTON posted:

i took some photos of the police and their collective erections over getting to use the campus as a paramilitary day camp

in case it is not clear, every single vehicle in these pictures is a police car, except for the fire trucks and media vans

lol people get shot every day not even 20 miles away but fire off in West LA where the white people live and suddenly everyone loses their collective poo poo.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Roylicious posted:

lol people get shot every day not even 20 miles away but fire off in West LA where the white people live and suddenly everyone loses their collective poo poo.

Yeah, people shouldn't 'lose their collective poo poo' over shootings on college campuses. Nothing to see here.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

<reads thread title, immediately throws 'hit me with your best shot' on the stereo and cranks it to 11>

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Roylicious posted:

they renamed "south central" to "south" los angeles because people felt it was too threatening to use anymore lmao

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

Immortan posted:

Yeah, people shouldn't 'lose their collective poo poo' over shootings on college campuses. Nothing to see here.

Just another day in LA

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Jack Gladney posted:

Like the fantasy of raping a woman and killing her by biting her throat out? The one that was depressed wrote about being depressed and wanting to die. The psychopathic one wrote about wanting to kill the human race. Neither of those things seem particularly typical of teenagers.

Just because there were bullies at the school that were a problem doesn't mean the killers cared about bullying. They only mention jocks at all to say that they resent them for being good at things and having things the killers desire.

you dont remember being a teenage boy, do you?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Jack Gladney posted:

pretty sure those were song lyrics dude

also students from the school recall several notable examples of them being publicly humilated

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
Cut my life into pieces
This is my last resort

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Jack Gladney posted:

The one that was depressed wrote about being depressed and wanting to die. The psychopathic one wrote about wanting to kill the human race. Neither of those things seem particularly typical of teenagers.
lmao when's the last time you actually talked to a teenager

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I mean I didn't want to kill the human race when I was a teenager.... I just wanted to rule it as a god-queen. :shrug:

I was angsty/depressed though, who wasn't?

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Mange Mite posted:

cho seung hui (32)
chris dorner (4)
vester flanaghan (2)

Can't merc the mercer. (9, including a goon's friend.)

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
they should change their mascot to a gorilla

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Mange Mite posted:

pretty sure those were song lyrics dude

also students from the school recall several notable examples of them being publicly humilated

quote:

I want to tear a throat out with my own teeth like a pop can. I want to gut someone with my hand, to tear a head off and rip out the heart and lungs from the neck, to stab someone in the gut, shove it up to their heart, and yank the loving blade out of their rib cage! I want to grab some weak little freshman and just tear them apart like a wolf, show them who is god. Strangle them, squish their head, bite their temples in the skull, rip off their jaw, rip off their collar bones, break their arms in half and twist them around.

That's like a Rammstein b-side I missed, or what?

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
holy poo poo i found the shooter's tumblr and....

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

pathetic little tramp posted:

he's probably glad he's dead now that everyone knows he drew poo poo like this

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
So what motivated the shooter I'm too lazy to look it up.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

pathetic little tramp posted:

I hope this is true

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Roylicious posted:

sorry that white people don't shoot each other everyday

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

So did the shooter just wander on over from Watts or something?

I'm joking I'm joking of course, this is naturally a tragedy and my thoughts and prayers are with the people and family or whatever as this dark day blah blah you know the drill by now

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Ork of Fiction posted:

Can't merc the mercer. (9, including a goon's friend.)

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Immortan posted:

So what motivated the shooter I'm too lazy to look it up.

Apparently he was some sort of tickle rapist

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Hm maybe my search for a new av is over...

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

since when is being depressed and wanting to die ""abnormal""

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

I used to do drawings of this cartoon goblin with an Uzi on my trapper keeper as a kid all the time and now I hardly ever kill people

• Locked thread