Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Mean Bean Machine posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scWpXEYZEGk here's the new nike ad ft ronaldo owning even in the body of a 14 year old povertinho and quickly becoming england's best player because all of theirs are turds

This is great, extra points for realism because kid ronald misses the free kicks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

KFBR392 posted:

Also if they needed a footballer with experience being inside 14 year olds I'm surprised they went with Ronaldo and not Adam Johnson.
God drat

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scWpXEYZEGk here's the new nike ad ft ronaldo owning even in the body of a 14 year old povertinho and quickly becoming england's best player because all of theirs are turds
meh

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

KFBR392 posted:

Also if they needed a footballer with experience being inside 14 year olds I'm surprised they went with Ronaldo and not Adam Johnson.

:staredog:

brutal

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Fernando Santos is bad

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Fernando Santos is bad

A guy who was able to lose the championship with Jardel? Well color me surprised.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Yeah ok we have a midfield that played the whole season together let's not start those players. Also let's not play cedric and João Mário that know each other together. Let's play vieirinnha. gently caress you Jorge Mendes and gently caress you Fernando Santos

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Adrien for Moutinho, Cedric for Vierinha, Eder in as striker so we have a big lovely guy to win some loving headers and to distract the defenders while the others score the goals and João Mario on the wing. Lets start the petition and never talk about this again. Also Danilo looked real slow today

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Also Danilo looked real slow today
the midfielders kept passing to carvalho instead of him despite the fact that he was usually 10 yards in front of carvalho unmarked it was loving dumb as hell.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Well that was predictably underwhelming. I still thing we'll do ok, replace Vieirinha for cedric and basically anyone for moutinho.Oh and forbid Ronaldo from taking free kicks forever.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
I haven't posted this before because I didn't want it to sound like I'm biased or blinded by team colors or something but hell, I'll say it: let's play Sporting's midfield. William Carvalho isn't necessarily better than Danilo, or Adrien better than Moutinho, or João Mário better than André Gomes/Nani, but this mishmash of Porto DM, Monaco CM, Valencia AM and Sporting AM isn't going to work. Players have no routines with each other, no dynamic, they've never played together and today's midfield was poo poo compared to what we can put out. Play William - Adrien - Mário, or put Mário on the wing like he plays at Sporting and put André Gomes who was good today in his spot, looks drat tasty to me. William or Adrien not working, get Sanches in there. These guys have more than 100 matches playing together, let's take advantage of it instead of having Moutinho (cause he's old) and Danilo (cause he's slow) staying back while Gomes and Mário have to drop back to get the ball. Fernando Santos, I'll give you one more chance; then I'll take over and carry these boys to glory. Last warning.

also gently caress this 4-4-2 dumb poo poo, Ronaldo and Nani just drift to the wings and we have nobody on the area. Bring the 4-3-3 back ftw

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Andre Gomes was insanely good today, which is one of the positives. This lineup was a little bizarre and Moutinho sucks, but if Ronaldo performs well (he was pretty loving bad today tbh), I don't see why Portugal can't win the rest of their group games.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

straight up brolic posted:

Andre Gomes was insanely good today, which is one of the positives. This lineup was a little bizarre and Moutinho sucks, but if Ronaldo performs well (he was pretty loving bad today tbh), I don't see why Portugal can't win the rest of their group games.

that's what's gonna happen probably: Portugal will play against Austria and Hungary again with a subpar Moutinho and Vierinha, and Ronaldo and Nani being played out of position, eke out a couple of lovely wins and the manager will decide that team is good enough and we'll go out against the first good opponent we play because he didn't change poo poo up. meanwhile Cedric, Adrien, William, Rafa etc won't get a chance and we'll never know if they would have made for a better team. feels bad

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Iceland just looked like a smarter team, with better cohesiveness and forward thinking winning out vs. sheer athleticism and gypsy trickery from Quaresma. Portugal will be fine in their other games. A draw is a credible result.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:cripes: close this thread before we lose to Hungary please

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

"What if I put Ronaldo as a striker...and then partner him up with Nani! loving brilliant, Euro glory here I come!" - Fernando Santos o 'Engenheiro do Penta'

You can quote me back to that England match saying that Moutinho shouldn't be playing, and to get the Sporting midfield in there. So yeah I agree with MBM . This just shows the power of the national teams, that makes people bury their club biases and come together to say how their bad the team is, and how clueless the manager is.

At least everybody seems to have noticed that the midfield simply isn't working, so maybe Santos will get a clue in time for Austria.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
In other news, everyone's favourite Portuguese got an apology and a reported £5m off Chelsea just before she was due to testify.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Fernando Santos is the shittiest coach, loved that Rafa sub at 87 min

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

When the coach is poo poo and your best player plays like poo poo, and no one has the balls to tell them they are in fact, poo poo, this happens.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

lol that was bad, also people talking about santos radical changes from the first game gently caress my life

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Looks like Ronald is a big fail baby

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
rremember when benfica fans were melting down over here because we were playing like poo poo and everything looked gloomy?

yet here we are victorious.

so will be portugal.

we will beat hungary, Eder will score and we will coast on through to the finals.

probate me for a month if Portugal doesn't pass the group stages and one week for every elimination phase we don't reach. I expect to have exactly zero days of probation.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Ronald didn't celebrate

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Portugal has created more chances than any team of the tournament so far with Ronaldo having more shots on net than most teams.

Yet here we are.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Its almost like scoring is an important component of football and if youre bad at that then welp theres only só much you can do.seriously every other month Ronaldo is legit the best footballer on the planet,but part of being a professional at,well,everything is recognizing the t hings you do well and the things you dont do well.only a guy who thinks himself above the team can keep taking free kicks when hes absolutelly poo poo at them. I can live with Ronaldo doing zero defensive work.If i try Real hard i can understand him not contributing to build up play or his shortness of sight of always having to shoot at goal regardless if theres any teamates in better position. But be a professional and a leader and recognize when you're having a bad night ,try diferent things,help in another way,difer to other people. For 60 minutes every ball that wound up on his feet was a lost ball.gently caress thats too many words for this poo poo team.

Also Moutinho out,Sanches in.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Mans posted:

we will beat hungary, Eder will score and we will coast on through to the finals.

probate me for a month if Portugal doesn't pass the group stages and one week for every elimination phase we don't reach. I expect to have exactly zero days of probation.

Betting on an Eder, will lightning strike twice???

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

ChainsawCharlie posted:

Its almost like scoring is an important component of football and if youre bad at that then welp theres only só much you can do.seriously every other month Ronaldo is legit the best footballer on the planet,but part of being a professional at,well,everything is recognizing the t hings you do well and the things you dont do well.only a guy who thinks himself above the team can keep taking free kicks when hes absolutelly poo poo at them. I can live with Ronaldo doing zero defensive work.If i try Real hard i can understand him not contributing to build up play or his shortness of sight of always having to shoot at goal regardless if theres any teamates in better position. But be a professional and a leader and recognize when you're having a bad night ,try diferent things,help in another way,difer to other people. For 60 minutes every ball that wound up on his feet was a lost ball.gently caress thats too many words for this poo poo team.

Also Moutinho out,Sanches in.

Ronald is worse than both Messi and Suarez. He's also somehow less likeable

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
my friend saya ronaldo is much nicer than messi but it was funny to see him miss that penalty. I also think he's overdoing it with the fake tan (ronaldo I mean)

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gigi Galli posted:

Betting on an Eder, will lightning strike twice???

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
I believe we will win.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Did Cristiano own up to exchanging kits with the icelandic captain.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

Ka0 posted:

Did Cristiano own up to exchanging kits with the icelandic captain.

He didn't

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Ronny is still mad he lost to Greece.

Twice.

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small
What a fail team. Big talk but no results. Shameful!

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
update: He did
https://twitter.com/A_Finnbogason/status/744938073914548224?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Kwagga posted:

What a fail team. Big talk but no results. Shameful!

Don't worry my friend kwagga, our team will prove it is not all talk. We just need one more win against Hungary and we will definitely reach the top of the group, the summit if you will. Believe me, we will plant our flag right on top of the mountain that is group F. I agree that with all the expectations placed upon us and the months of preparation and expenses, to end it all by never leaving the bottom of the group or trying the climb the hill that has been placed in front of us would be absolutely shameful and a display of poor and cowardly character. That is not us. One step at a time, we're reaching the peak of the mountain. We're gonna make it our bitch.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Probably bought it at the store

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ronaldo is a legit cool guy even in person with random people.

i know this personally from my many encounters with him.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Don't worry my friend kwagga, our team will prove it is not all talk. We just need one more win against Hungary and we will definitely reach the top of the group, the summit if you will. Believe me, we will plant our flag right on top of the mountain that is group F. I agree that with all the expectations placed upon us and the months of preparation and expenses, to end it all by never leaving the bottom of the group or trying the climb the hill that has been placed in front of us would be absolutely shameful and a display of poor and cowardly character. That is not us. One step at a time, we're reaching the peak of the mountain. We're gonna make it our bitch.
Lol drat jesus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

So we can get Croatia, (probably) Belgium or England. No easy options, but I'd rather we played either Croatia or Belgium to stay in the top brackets, all the big teams are in the bottom one.

• Locked thread