Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

William and Adrian completely shut down Modric and Rakitic it was cool to watch. Andre Gomes is fully sick, but he can't be one of like three players actually getting forward. His game isn't to like beat 4 guys off the dribble on the counter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Santos does that to give the other team a chance.I like Gomes,hes a great player and apart from the hungary game were he was clearly hobled,i think hes been solid.I do think hes playing out of position,and his game suffers from it.hes more of a pirlo defensive playmaker ,asking him to be a box to box left midfielder is asking too much.a Carvalho-adrien-sanches-Mário midfield probably exposes us more defensibly,especially down the left Wing,but that midfield would press like hell and run all night long.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Also, one of the reasons Guerreiro as been a stand out só far is because Gomes really balances Guerreiro forward runs.and a team that as Ronaldo,who does 0 defensive work cant aford the slightest inbalance . Thats one of the things that pisses me off , because it robs Portugal midfield of options and chances to create ruptures in the oposing team. But then again, sometimes Ronaldo does a good game and i remember why he is one of the best in the world.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Andre Gomes is playing out of position and clearly not 100% fit while Renato Sanchez never tires and he disrupts the opposing team like crazy by stumbling like a madman all over the place.

Sporting + Sanches + Ronaldo will win this, guaranteed.

Eder will still score, i believe.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Nice win, gentlemen.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

I dunno wtf anymore, we play like poo poo but still win I guess? I wish J Mário wasn't so bad in the Euro, he needs more confidence

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Mans posted:

Andre Gomes is playing out of position and clearly not 100% fit while Renato Sanchez never tires and he disrupts the opposing team like crazy by stumbling like a madman all over the place.

Sporting + Sanches + Ronaldo will win this, guaranteed.

Eder will still score, i believe.

eder has already scored

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pepe has turned into a work of art.

cadfael
Nov 7, 2010

A late winner in extra time and a win on penalties? :sicknasty:

I would also have Pepe in my team he's very good.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

the entire team looked gassed after going 120 twice in four days. The long lay off before the next semi will be much appreciated. Renato Sanches was loving awesome. One of Ronaldo's worst games for the national team ever.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Ronaldo played like every minute for Madrid save like 20 this season through all competitions. Even with all the blood bags in the world his incredibly vascular and muscular legs are probably gone.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Shrapnig posted:

Ronaldo played like every minute for Madrid save like 20 this season through all competitions. Even with all the blood bags in the world his incredibly vascular and muscular legs are probably gone.

We will have to wait to see him next season but yeah his physical tools seem to be going.maybe he can reinvent himself as a pure striker.and he needs to acept that he can no longer play 90 mins every game.

Ps:Lewandowski is a pure striker and he still covered 13 km in the game. You still need the stamina to be a great striker.

Antifa Poltergeist fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Jul 1, 2016

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Who is suspended for the next match? William Carvahlo can't play in the next round, right?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Ronaldo's legs are fine, he blasted past the defense for like four clear cut chances in that game, he just didn't finish them. He's stood around off the ball for the past five years. He just had a poo poo game.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Whatever happened to meneirez?

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
I mean meireles

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

he's 33 playing for fenerbache

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Brony Car posted:

Who is suspended for the next match? William Carvahlo can't play in the next round, right?

Yeah Carvalho is suspended, which might not be all bad cause he was flat lining towards the end of the second half yesterday. I just hope Santos doesn't fully revert to the Moutinho/Danilo of the opening match, and keeps Adrien starting.

André Gomes and Guerreiro might also not play again this Euro due to injury.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Don't cards get cleared at the semi final level? Did he get sent off?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

Don't cards get cleared at the semi final level? Did he get sent off?

You're right they do. Too bad yesterday was a quarterfinal.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Shrapnig posted:

You're right they do. Too bad yesterday was a quarterfinal.

That's what I meant, as in they get cleared for the semi final. So I guess it's just to prevent getting a yellow in the semi final and being suspended for the final, not anything before that?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Indeed my Sicilian friend.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Shrapnig posted:

Indeed my Sicilian friend.

If there wasn't a game soon I'd probate you!!!!!

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Ronaldo during the penalties. He's the one who told Moutinho to score one. Look at that passion, what a captain. He had a really bad match but who doesn't every now and then? At least he didn't choke and miss his penalty like that bitch Messi.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Big Ron vs Monkey man.

The fact that Wales is missing some key players for this game makes me believe we will lose.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Montasque posted:

Big Ron vs Monkey man.

The fact that Wales is missing some key players for this game makes me believe we will lose.

Lose?! I can already see a mighty 3-0 penalty shootout win!

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

It's gonna be more like the Hungary game than the Croatia game imo 3-3 or at least 2-2 and then penalties

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Montasque posted:

Big Ron vs Monkey man.

His name is Marcel

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Ronaldo during the penalties. He's the one who told Moutinho to score one. Look at that passion, what a captain. He had a really bad match but who doesn't every now and then? At least he didn't choke and miss his penalty like that bitch Messi.

That's a Captain right there. I'm also happy that Ronaldo was in the brink of desperation seeing Moutinho and Nani running up to the ball, i wasn't the only one.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Pepe wasn't at practice today, may not play Wednesday - thigh muscle injury...

Welp it's been a fun run!

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Montasque posted:

Pepe wasn't at practice today, may not play Wednesday - thigh muscle injury...

Welp it's been a fun run!

drat, was hoping for some cheap freekicks and hysterics...

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

sassassin posted:

drat, was hoping for some cheap freekicks and hysterics...

Pepe has been nothing but solid and bloodrage free this entire tournament, and by far the best player we had in all games. Except for his passing game, which has been (very) poor. Looking back on it Bruno Alves kung fu antics in the England friendly were a blessing in disguise, as it not only perma benched Alves it also probably cooled off the crazy in some players.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pepe and Raphael might actually play tomorow :pray:

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Mans posted:

Pepe and Raphael might actually play tomorow :pray:

If they do we got a shot at this!(especially since Ramsey is out)

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

We did it boys we did it just one more game and :getin:

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
drat....were the best team in the world. And the best fans. And the best thread. Good job everyone

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Congrats friends, my grandpa would be really happy right now drinking wine and eating bacalhau and celebrating that his fellow Madeirense is the best in the world. RIP grandpa, Portugal FTW.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Simone Poodoin posted:

Congrats friends, my grandpa would be really happy right now drinking wine and eating bacalhau and celebrating that his fellow Madeirense is the best in the world. RIP grandpa, Portugal FTW.

RIP cool rear end grandpa

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Simone Poodoin posted:

RIP cool grandpa.

My grandpa passed this year - he's the man who got me into the fantastic sport of watching the Portuguese Men's national team.

If he were still alive he'd be playing some Portuguese guitar, one of those upbeat marches he used to play on Sundays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Montasque posted:

RIP cool grandpa.

My grandpa passed this year - he's the man who got me into the fantastic sport of watching the Portuguese Men's national team.

If he were still alive he'd be playing some Portuguese guitar, one of those upbeat marches he used to play on Sundays.

Cool grandpas crew, sorry for your loss.

Mine passed 10+ years ago but I remember him listening to portuguese football on his shortwave radio when I was a kid and he definitely was an influence on me being football obsessed, even though he became a fan of a horrible oval office club when he came here.

• Locked thread