Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Bomb joga duders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

why would I want to do that.

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM
Congrats lads!!

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kurtofan posted:

why would I want to do that.

portugal is the best country in europe my friend we just got the trohpy and everything

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

Mean Bean Machine posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNU3aIJs88g

THAT SMILE!!!

THOSE TRAPS!!!!!

THAT NECK!!!!!

THOSE ABS!!!!!

THAT rear end!!!!!!!!

THAT COCK!!!!!

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Ahem,

Ka0 posted:

According to TRP every team is shite this year so maybe it's time for portugal to bring football home.

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012
Well done, Portugal! Watching the underdogs win brings a tear to my eye.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/cristiano-ronaldo-proves-again-hes-8393764

I love cats fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jul 11, 2016

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

advanced statsman posted:

Ronaldo is better than Messi.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Congrats to all my favorite fellow Portugal National Team fans and the posters who stuck with us through all the loving poo poo.

And to all those opposed...

Hmm... well...

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

I cant believe se did it lads.massive party in portugall all next week come and get wasted on fine wine eat awesome food enjoy life.holy poo poo Portugal is the best.parties all over lisbon if you see a guy completelly wasted but very happy in marques de Pombal thatss probably me.that was Fukin epic

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Brony Car posted:

Congrats to all my favorite fellow Portugal National Team fans and the posters who stuck with us through all the loving poo poo.

And to all those opposed...

Hmm... well...

congrats to you too fellow Portugal fan tychan. we did it boys, we fr*aking did it. they tried to put us down, they tried to take us out, they thought we'd get eliminated by croatia ffs when has croatia ever been good? bunch of loving garbagemen. we're loving Portugal boys. all the manager had to do was play the team this thread wanted him to play and victory was guaranteed. rui patricio is the loving boss, i honestly believe with Santos in charge our defense is the best in Europe, raphael guerreiro is going to be a superstar, fonte has to be a starter from now on, pepe owns just owns, solid midfield that didnt get scared by those athletic french boys we knew they'd run out of gas, let the adrenaline dump take care of those kids, they didn't have the heart for 120 mins. weak rear end bitches. nani sucks rear end but he got a transfer out of turkey out of this so good for him, eder is a national hero and ronaldo bitch just look at the OP. So this is what it feels like, to be European champion. feels good...feels drat good

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
also good performance on the sideline Ronaldo making sure u were on every camera, that basically guaranteed your ballon d'or. brawn AND brains. what a loving legend

DaddyBigBucks
Sep 28, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC5AewXCXEY

All you need my friends

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Indiana Jones gets it.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Montasque posted:

Indiana Jones gets it.

the greatest hero ever rooting for the Portugays. drat. i can die happy

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

https://twitter.com/raminhoseffect/status/752288105881829376

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Ferguson looks like a dad at graduation here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1q6sYFBUj4

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
OMG What a championship that was. And Portugal...they never gave up, even when the rest of us said gently caress this at half time and started watching Les Mis on channel 4 instead :cheeky: ha but seriously, a match that had everything from over hit through balls to free kicks sent spinning into the wall :allears: a terrific win for Portugal the rainsoaked windswept country famous for and named after its port, which is a kind of industrial harbour you can only find in every single other non landlocked country even the africab ones. Just wow..a special day for sport and basically what can you say but that the tournamwnt format deaperately needs to be rejigged to favour teams prepared to play entertaining attacking football like england

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Breath Ray posted:

OMG What a championship that was. And Portugal...they never gave up, even when the rest of us said gently caress this at half time and started watching Les Mis on channel 4 instead :cheeky: ha but seriously, a match that had everything from over hit through balls to free kicks sent spinning into the wall :allears: a terrific win for Portugal the rainsoaked windswept country famous for and named after its port, which is a kind of industrial harbour you can only find in every single other non landlocked country even the africab ones. Just wow..a special day for sport and basically what can you say but that the tournamwnt format deaperately needs to be rejigged to favour teams prepared to play entertaining attacking football like england

lol

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Apparently the team is undefeated since Fernando Santos took over 2 years ago? drat, what a tactical mastermind.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Breath Ray posted:

lol

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Breath Ray posted:

While I do agree with the sarcasm about the win being terrific and all that, I really doubt there's a way to rejiggle the tournament format to favor entertaining attacking football.

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
I cant believe the 3rd placed team in the group managed get out of the group and then go to win the whole thing but you did it.
The ghost of '00 can finally go to rest.
You did it.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
if theres one word i never thought i'd hear being used to describe portugal its rainsoaked

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012
Rui Patricio owned rear end and made some sci fi saves during the game.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Looks like our lame rear end President has been outed as an unbeliever cause he didn't have the medals of the Grand Order of the Cool Portuguese Guys ready in time to award our Brave Champions of Europe today. Sad. Glad I didn't vote for him.

Meanwhile Rui Patricio, Pepe, Raphael Guerreiro, and Christano Ronaldo were nominated for the best Euro 11. While former Benfica player and soon 80 million Euro Bayern Munich expense Renato Sanches was the Best Young Player of the tournament.

Portugal wins everywhere.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Bom dia campeões

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Electronico6 posted:

While former Benfica player and soon 80 million Euro Bayern Munich expense Renato Sanches was the Best Young Player of the tournament.

he was a bit shite imo

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Blue Star Error posted:

he was a bit shite imo

Agreed

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Yeah personally I think the team was much better collectively than individually, not depending on one or two players doing everything alone. Given our defensive posture we couldn't have that work even if we could, the ones that could be a bit more imaginative in the midfield (J.Mário, for example) had too much defending to do to really be free.

But collectively it was a great effort.

And by the way..

RUI PATRICIO ÉS O MAIOR CARALHO!

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Blue Star Error posted:

he was a bit shite imo

Yeah Renato's best match was against Poland, he didn't have a great final. But he was still important for the squad, all our other midfielders were of the same style and at least he brought in some youthfulness, like Ronaldo did in 2004. He can only get better at Bayern, especially with Ancelotti as manager instead of bald Pep playing him at fullback or something. Speaking of, my revelation was Raphael Guerreiro. Guy was outstanding. Dortmund were lucky to get him for €10 mil before the Euros, right now they would have had to pay at least 10 more. With him and Coentrão, our left-back position is looking pretty good for the future.

Also some pretty crazy scenes on the streets of Lisbon today, it looks like the whole country has flooded in.

Maradonna Summer
Oct 22, 2005

Our love will last forever

TRP Post Of The Tournament Winner World Cup 2014
congrats also santos and vierinha learned everything they know at PAOK and greece's luck rubbed off on them so hurray all around

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.facebook.com/joao.ferreira.14661261/videos/10208705540709659/

Maradonna Summer posted:

congrats also santos and vierinha learned everything they know at PAOK and greece's luck rubbed off on them so hurray all around

Fernando Santos actually thanked the Greek people during the press conference. That was really cool of him.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Timor Leste is always the best and they didn't disapoint here either!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fbc8etmbp10

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
are brazilians celebrating?

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
I expect they're celebrating like crazy, just like we did when usa got to the semi final of the copa america or mlk was killed

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Actually my brazilian cousin tells me they are partying like crazy in the streets of Rio de janeiro,or has they call it,a monday.or a zika outbreak.could be both really.

torturemyballs
Feb 25, 2015
congrats to Portugal, the best team in Europe :)

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Bad news fellow Portuguys - The French want to replay the match, and have an online petition with over 90k signatures!

http://www.mesopinions.com/petition/sports/rejouer-match-final-euro-2016/20909

Here's an amazing translation of the body of the petition:

"Because of a bad refereeing we eat a goal the fifa must then replay the final's game the fouls were enormous the blues ate too much Portuguese fouls the game must be replayed the fifa must take it's responsibilities"

• Locked thread