Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Escobarbarian posted:

that I get to be in charge of it

*TV Genie gives you the remote*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

A sitcom adaptation of the film Groundhog Day.

rockinricky
Mar 27, 2003
I want MTV to be Music Television again.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Echo Chamber posted:

- That CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News cease to be TV channels.
- No more corporate sponsorship on PBS. Heck, have multiple publicly funded channels.
- That TV producers slow down and give everyone a chance to catch up on their television backlog.
- Don't have a talk show's social media strategy start dictating the content of the show.
- Everyone shuts up about Firefly once and for all.
- Shows be good from the start so goons stop asking how many episodes or seasons they should skip.
- Shows stop trolling the "fan theory" crowd because they're so obnoxious.
- That vehicles for comedians aren't automatically treated as "prestige" content. They haven't earned it yet!
- You know what? Get rid of SNL. Let's see what happens.

You only get one wish, dummy. You pissed off the genie and don't get poo poo now.

edit: I wish Ian McShane would have to perform on television at all hours every day

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
No more squeezing end credits unless you are showing a clip from next week's show. Stop advertising your other shows, fuckers.

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.
All the CW DC shows actually become good and well plotted.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Dresh posted:

All the CW DC shows actually become good and well plotted.

I'm sorry, that is beyond the TV Genie's power.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

I didn't know I wanted this before you posted it. I definitely do now.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Not a sitcom, but if you haven't already you should check out Day Break.

To contribute, an overfunded HBO series based on the Netrunner universe.

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Baby's First Post-Apocalyptic Fiction
- HBO's Foundation series by Jonathan Nolan would exist finally, and be good and not blow it
- That everyone involved with Lost would get a magical do-over with the knowledge of how the first one worked out, but still fresh and new to viewers
- That Pushing Daises was never a casualty of the writers strike and got to live out its natural life in peace

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Networks don't get to gently caress with episode order. They play in the order the show creators intended.

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

floor fight @ republican convention

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
Band of Brothers, but set on the Eastern Front.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Iron Crowned posted:

This but Angel instead :colbert:

Angel had the perfect ending:colbert:

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Ego-bot posted:

Band of Brothers, but set on the Eastern Front.

I like this idea a lot.

You'd have to bring in an entirely new cast for every episode though as the old ones get fed into the meatgrinder.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Cancel Walking Dead and Game of Thrones. Renew Banshee with a full budget. Renew Don't Trust The Bitch In Apartment 23.

Yer Burnt
Feb 26, 2007

That people carry and drink from coffee cups like there's actually liquid in them. All the acting awards to whoever can carry out this seemingly impossible task.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpEUNn5a0rE

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Yer Burnt posted:

That people carry and drink from coffee cups like there's actually liquid in them. All the acting awards to whoever can carry out this seemingly impossible task.

Jesus Christ

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Yer Burnt posted:

My new TV wish is one solid hour of Terry Crews kicking this guy in the balls repeatedly.

That70sShirt
Nov 13, 2015

A loving US bluray release of Californication.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Yer Burnt posted:

What is this speech impediment called? Eisenberg Syndrome?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

thedaian posted:

All shows that attempt any sort of series long plotline must have that plotline written out in advance of the show starting. And networks can't cancel shows before said plotline is resolved. And shows end after said plotline is resolved, instead of limping on into eternity.

This would preclude some of the best shows on TV from coming together the way they did, or even existing at all, so I'm using my wish to counter this wish.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Yer Burnt posted:

I don't understand why they don't just put something in the cup. You don't have to actually drink it.

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Baby's First Post-Apocalyptic Fiction

Yer Burnt posted:

Oh man I thought I was the only person annoyed by this. Empty cups are so cringingly obvious, and nobody cares.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Tiggum posted:

I don't understand why they don't just put something in the cup. You don't have to actually drink it.

Because putting liquid in there is increasing the odds of an accident for no reason, and nobdoy's gonna buy special weighted coffee cups, because, and this is the most important part

Factor Mystic posted:

nobody cares.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Tiggum posted:

It causes a bunch of continuity issues.

It's the same reason people sitting at a bar never touch their beer. And why bartenders never refill drinks, and prefer to clean glasses rather, than you know actually pouring drinks.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
If I get a second wish, I'd love to see a live-action adaptation of Legend of the Galactic Heroes, but only if they don't whitewash it.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007
Also, my wish is that if you're going to have a show with some big central mystery, you should know the answer to the mystery before you start production. Stop pulling poo poo out of your rear end.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

boom boom boom posted:

Because putting liquid in there is increasing the odds of an accident for no reason, and nobdoy's gonna buy special weighted coffee cups
They're opaque cups with lids. Just put some sand or rocks or something in there so it has some weight.

thrakkorzog posted:

It causes a bunch of continuity issues.
How?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Tiggum posted:

They're opaque cups with lids. Just put some sand or rocks or something in there so it has some weight.

Rocks could shift and cause noise, sand could spill, and, most importantly of all

Factor Mystic posted:

nobody cares.

If the level of liquid in the cup wouldn't match the amount supposedly drunk in the scene. And then we'd have weirdos making youtube videos about how TV shows will have a character take a sip from a cup of coffee, then the next shot it's almost empty, then it's 3/4 quarters full,

Espacio
Mar 25, 2006
Dieses ist der schlechteste verrat!
Bring back Nevermind the Buzzcocks.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
That I could go back in time and fix the last season of Northern Exposure :(

Der Untergang posted:

Bring back Nevermind the Buzzcocks.

but also this.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

FactsAreUseless posted:

I came in here to post something about a new show in the Babylon 5 universe but now i'm changing it to this. Especially if you could get Bill Murray somehow.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Gawain The Blind posted:

I came in here to post something about a new show in the Babylon 5 universe but now i'm changing it to this. Especially if you could get Bill Murray somehow.
It shouldn't be Murray anymore. I haven't decided who I would get for that, since it's hard to find Murray's mix of sentimental and cynical, but structurally it works perfectly. The movie's themes of repetition fit perfectly with the constant return to the status quo that defines sitcoms, it has the kind of will-they-won't-they romance subplot that is again perfect for a sitcom, and you can do the Pawnee/Springfield thing of bringing in side characters and slowly developing this town.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I think Andy Samberg could do it, but I think we might be at Peak Samberg right now with POPSTAR.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

CaptainYesterday posted:

If I get a second wish, I'd love to see a live-action adaptation of Legend of the Galactic Heroes, but only if they don't whitewash it.

This.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I think I'd like a Justice League International superhero sitcom, maybe starring Adam Scott and Joel McHale as Blue Beetle and Booster Gold, with Keith Giffen and J.M. DeMatteis as supervising producers, and the writers' room made up of Comedy Bang Bang, Childrens Hospital, and Parks and Recreation veterans. It could even share some actors with the current DC shows, but do its own storylines with its own writers, avoiding all the CW relationship melodrama.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

precision posted:

I think Andy Samberg could do it, but I think we might be at Peak Samberg right now with POPSTAR.
Wrong kind of energy. Murray can play a lot more subdued. John C. Reilly could work. He might be just about aging out though.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I think I'd like a Justice League International superhero sitcom, maybe starring Adam Scott and Joel McHale as Blue Beetle and Booster Gold, with Keith Giffen and J.M. DeMatteis as supervising producers, and the writers' room made up of Comedy Bang Bang, Childrens Hospital, and Parks and Recreation veterans. It could even share some actors with the current DC shows, but do its own storylines with its own writers, avoiding all the CW relationship melodrama.
I want a Veep-esque sitcom about the Justice League PR team who have to clean up every time Superman punches someone through a building.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

FactsAreUseless posted:

It shouldn't be Murray anymore. I haven't decided who I would get for that, since it's hard to find Murray's mix of sentimental and cynical, but structurally it works perfectly. The movie's themes of repetition fit perfectly with the constant return to the status quo that defines sitcoms, it has the kind of will-they-won't-they romance subplot that is again perfect for a sitcom, and you can do the Pawnee/Springfield thing of bringing in side characters and slowly developing this town.

John Krasinski comes to mind.

Edit: Or Rob Livingston.

Timby fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jun 5, 2016

• Locked thread