Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I've heard a lot about detergents, cleaners, additives, and engine lifetime on the commercials, but I've never noticed much a difference in effect. BP gas gave me a wicked headache last time I filled up, so I'm asking you goons: which gas is the best?

Keep in mind I'm looking for longetivity most of all, my last can evaporated too quickly to share once I got home and really tried it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

thread gas

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Vespene Gas.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Applewhite posted:

Vespene Gas.

Breathe deep

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
butt gas

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
Burrito Septic Plus

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
is this a copy paste from tcc

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

gas from my butt hole :xd: :wth:

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

a hole-y ghost posted:

gas from my butt hole :xd: :wth:

I think that's a different thread

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

For your car: the cheapest stuff that fulfills the octane requirement of your vehicle

For you, op: Amyl nitrate

cub
Sep 6, 2014

by Shine
argon

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

mustard gas

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
Flatus

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

symbolic posted:

mustard gas

There's no gas in my bottle of mustard, please do not troll me

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I googled your question OP and the very first result was an article like 4 paragraphs long that wasn't even numbered so gently caress off I give up this is too hard.

OlmanRiver
Mar 30, 2011
Old French fry grease from your local Wendy's old fashioned hamburgers, poured into a sieve and put into a properly converted bio-diesel motor.

The exhaust smells wonderful.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Chevron has techron. Techron is good according to their commercials

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Kroger. I just say that because I get like a half a dollar off on it, so I don't care if it sucks or whatever. I won't know the difference.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

The kind that was used by Hitler

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast
Cyclone-B

Kindergarten Camp
Nov 27, 2015

All the methane responsible for global warming.

Because I hate the cold.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

yogizh posted:

Cyclone-B

u mean zyclon B?

Cyclone B is when your mom is in a sex frenzy

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED
unleaded

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED
wait no i mean leaded

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast

JiveHonky posted:

u mean zyclon B?

Cyclone B is when your mom is in a sex frenzy

Zyklon in German.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

yogizh posted:

Zyklon in German.

dont mess up my cool joak pls thanks

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Jenkem.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
theyre all the same OP

also,

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Probably VX

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
H2S

It's like a superfart that can kill. Good poo poo

Flutieflakes017
Feb 16, 2012

only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain
I asked my father the same question about 10 years ago since he ran a chain of local gas stations in the 1970's & 1980s and he scoffed at me. According to him, and this may no longer be accurate, gas stations are only required to buy a certain amount of fuel from the brand and can buy the rest from whoever else they please. So for example, after a Shell station fulfills their contractual requirement to buy fuel from Shell for the period, they can buy from Chevron.

So in other words, even if one company had better gas than the others, which seems a little unlikely since both the Federal Government and the States Regulate the additives in gasoline, you wouldn't necessarily know whose gas you were filling up with.

Hope that helps. Would be really curious if anyone else has more current information.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Jumpin Jack Flash

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
oxy-acetylene

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug
You can find what i'm about to say with a simple google search, but basically, in most areas the only real difference between the different brands of gasoline is the additive package (detergents etc.). Some retailers use the minimum required concentration and/or quality of additives. Some retailers choose to use their own proprietary additives, and/or use detergents and cleaners in more than the minimum required concentration.

Chevron's "Techron" additive seems to be widely accepted as a leading industry standard, and some other brands (like Texaco) use it as well.There is a marketing association of "Top Tier" gasolines which, lacking any other information, I'd probably prefer to use over other random brands. A list of "Top Tier" gasoline brands can be found here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Tier_Detergent_Gasoline

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
when possible i get all my gasoline from the "big d" liquor and gas mart. otherwise i go to shell

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Number_6 posted:

You can find what i'm about to say with a simple google search, but basically, in most areas the only real difference between the different brands of gasoline is the additive package (detergents etc.). Some retailers use the minimum required concentration and/or quality of additives. Some retailers choose to use their own proprietary additives, and/or use detergents and cleaners in more than the minimum required concentration.

Chevron's "Techron" additive seems to be widely accepted as a leading industry standard, and some other brands (like Texaco) use it as well.There is a marketing association of "Top Tier" gasolines which, lacking any other information, I'd probably prefer to use over other random brands. A list of "Top Tier" gasoline brands can be found here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Tier_Detergent_Gasoline
What I don't understand is why does gas need soap in it. Isn't gasoline already a good solvent that cleans stuff?

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
nitrous oxide is pretty fun

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

mdm posted:

Jumpin Jack Flash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

creamy beef farts in my noodle funnel

• Locked thread