Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

paul_soccer10 posted:

i have a car and a bike
if im driving and a cyclist gets in my way i bump them deliberately
if im cycling and a car doesnt respect the fact that I have Absolute Right of Way in Perpetuity I smash their car into a tiny cube with my ulock

No you don't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yes i do bitch

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Roylicious posted:

I see cyclists get hit somewhat regularly and that's just the schadenfreude I need to not care if they are ignoring traffic laws.

I kinda feel bad for the people who might get in trouble for hitting an (adult) cyclist with their car. You watch out for kids, but grownups on toys are worth serious points.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

paul_soccer10 posted:

yes i do bitch

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Whenever I see a cyclist I throw a match at their Lycra and watch them go up like the human torch.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

King of Bees posted:

Whenever I see a cyclist I throw a match at their Lycra and watch them go up like the human torch.

me too

Illavick
Sep 15, 2012

WHENA MINA RENA VATIVE
Oh hey, it's 7 AM and thousands of barely caffeinated zombies are trying to get to work or school. Sounds like the perfect time to get a few buddies together and go for a pleasure ride down main street for a dozen or so miles. That won't gently caress with anyone at all. I certainly don't deserve to get a tire iron shoved up my rear end, no sir.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

sorry if you said already, but do you put a baseball card in the spokes to sound like a motorcycle? if so you're out of luck pal.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

ArmZ posted:

car "culture" is decadent and depraved

good

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3nMnr8ZirI

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

bloodysabbath posted:

I think the best thing is when cyclists bitch about "entitled car culture." Like, yeah, most of the US is set up to where you need a car to live in any sort of efficient manner. I'm not saying that's great, but until you find the money and manpower to have the infrastructure and civil engineering of most of the country rejigged for your hobby, maybe shut the gently caress up about "entitlement."

early cars were a hobby until idiots ripped out the light rail and streetcar lines at the behest of capitalists

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof
god drat riding bikes is great however

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
My favorite thing to do on my bike is use those pedestrian crosswalks with the flashing lights that cars are required by law to stop at. When I press that button and cross the main arterial roads jam packed with people in cars I always smile and wave.

Then I get right back on the street.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
ive only had one guy bitch me for being on the sidewalk and it was a white homo

only times i ever go on the sidewalk is if the road doesnt permit safe bikin

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Same. If a road isn't safe enough to bike on I get on the sidewalk but I slow the gently caress down if I'm anywhere close to a person on foot because I'm not an rear end in a top hat to pedestrians, only to people driving personal vehicles when they should be taking public transit.

Get your white collar 9 to 5 always going to the same office and could easily arrange your life to include public transit use rear end on the bus if you aren't on a bike or on foot, you loving morons.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

gently caress da Mods posted:

ive only had one guy bitch me for being on the sidewalk and it was a white homo

only times i ever go on the sidewalk is if the road doesnt permit safe bikin

i hope you die enjoying your toy

EvilJoven posted:

Same. If a road isn't safe enough to bike on I get on the sidewalk but I slow the gently caress down if I'm anywhere close to a person on foot because I'm not an rear end in a top hat to pedestrians, only to people driving personal vehicles when they should be taking public transit.

Get your white collar 9 to 5 always going to the same office and could easily arrange your life to include public transit use rear end on the bus if you aren't on a bike or on foot, you loving morons.

hhahahahaha

sorry i bought a benz and enjoy driving my comfy vehicle man, what are all these streets here for? Buses and bikes only?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

The eternal cyclist conundrum. Do I ride in the street and die, or do I ride on the sidewalk illegally and risk hurting someone else?

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
When I see a biker I push his frail body over and taco his front tire as he cries

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

EvilJoven posted:

My favorite thing to do on my bike is use those pedestrian crosswalks with the flashing lights that cars are required by law to stop at. When I press that button and cross the main arterial roads jam packed with people in cars I always smile and wave.

Then I get right back on the street.

yeah that's great

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

King of Bees posted:

When I see a biker I push his frail body over and taco his front tire as he cries

me too

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I don't like seeing anyone get hurt but bikes were such a huge problem on the campus I went to for a while. They'd be attached to loving everything. Trees, benches, light-poles, handrails, door-handles. A wealth of bike racks and these dumbfucks thought it was necessary to save them an extra half a minute walking to their bike. People would ride all over the place too. Then campus police finally started cracking down and giving cyclists tickets and the schadenfreude of seeing their mouths agape in disbelief that THEY OF ALL PEOPLE are getting a ticket was just so satisfying.

Then another time a cyclist ran a stop-sign on campus and flipped himself over the hood of a volkswagon. Landed face-first too and his canine pierced/split his upper-lip due to the impact. Sucked for him but stop signs apply to bikes too. Shame he had to learn it that way.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Twelve Batmans posted:

Then another time a cyclist ran a stop-sign on campus and flipped himself over the hood of a volkswagon. Landed face-first too and his canine pierced/split his upper-lip due to the impact. Sucked for him but stop signs apply to bikes too. Shame he had to learn it that way.

Unfortunately this applies to everyone, I have several scars on my face as proof that drivers don't know how to stop behind the white line.

University bikers are seriously the worst though. When I was in uni they did this awesome bike sharing program with all these donated fixed gear bikes. After about six months they were all gone because people would just leave them stacked up like kindling in a fire right next to the bike racks, or actually ghost ride them into the goddamn lakes

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
lol making a bike share program that is only fixies is top-tier trolling, i'd throw them in a lake too.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

City of Tampa posted:

lol making a bike share program that is only fixies is top-tier trolling, i'd throw them in a lake too.

It did suck riding them at times because my state is 80% hills but I am sure the uni is glad they didn't try to get geared bikes seeing that they were falling apart after a couple months from abuse

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
fixed-gear bikes don't freewheel, so your legs have to be spinning all the time, you can't coast

I think you're talking about single gear bikes which are OK most of the time

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i like to steal bicycles

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

City of Tampa posted:

fixed-gear bikes don't freewheel, so your legs have to be spinning all the time, you can't coast

I think you're talking about single gear bikes which are OK most of the time

Maybe, it has been a while since this happened. These were the kind that required you to pedal backwards to brake so I had assumed it was fixed gear but I might be misremebering

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
There was a goober that used to come into the bar I live upstairs from, he'd wear one of stupid bike hats with the little bill flipped up and spandex. I've never met anyone that was more of a stereo type in my life. Had a stupid high pitched voice that made him sound like a jockey. He'd wear a back pack that he would put on the bar stool next to him and wouldn't move it for anyone (not that you would want to sit next to him). He also smelled horrible, so I figured he was biking to the bar from a long way off. Nope, lived two blocks down. He got drunk and killed while biking home one evening, I'm still smiling.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
Biking is cool and all, but nothing beats being a grown man riding a Razor scooter to work, wearing a bike helmet and elbow pads. I feel this way becau

Genderfluent
Jul 15, 2015

Haier posted:

Biking is cool and all, but nothing beats being a grown man riding a Razor scooter to work, wearing a bike helmet and elbow pads. I feel this way becau

I love waiting to turn right when some rear end in a top hat on a scooter is coasting through the crosswalk at a speed somehow slower than walking. gently caress

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Haier posted:

I used to make fun of Razor scooters until those fire hazard "hoveboards" came into being and now every public indoor area (especially malls) have that 14 year old kid riding his wheelie shoe-mobile blindly while texting and it makes me miss those pussy skateboards

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I remember in middle school some kid on a skateboard tried to start a fight with another kid, so the other kid just stomped hard on the middle of the board while the other kid was on it talking poo poo, and it broke the board, so when the skate kid looked down and tried to catch his balance, the other kid just kicked him really hard in the nuts and then just started stomping on the skate kid as he rolled around in pain while screaming swear words really loud.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
My town has these bike rental kiosks all over; it's fun to watch idiots attempt ridiculous stunts and break them, lol

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYAapAQ1urI&t=97s

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

fixies are an affectation unless you're on a track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZR6HK9xEVw

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

the gently caress are they even doing? riding in circles just hanging out blocking traffic? its hard to have empathy for bicycle riders who act like this.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JiveHonky posted:

the gently caress are they even doing? riding in circles just hanging out blocking traffic? its hard to have empathy for bicycle riders who act like this.

trying to start poo poo with motorists so they can play cool anarchist man because they read a stdh.txt story on the Internet where a righteous cyclist did this and everyone started applauding

now i want to watch the texas equivalent where these assholes just get executed on the spot

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

DreamShipWrecked posted:

pedal backwards to brake

this fucks your knees up soooo bad

The XKCD Larper
Mar 1, 2009

by Lowtax

gently caress da Mods posted:

i am zero carbon.

i reduce congestion.

i am not fat gently caress in car.

i am the solution.

lol @ goobers who think rules of cars should apply to me. prolly never ridden a bike once in they lives or even comprehend the principles of visibility, momentum, exertion, etc.

And yeah, sometimes, a street is so fuckin poo poo and just not bike cultured that u gotta hit the 'walk—but it aint ever a pref.

oh and its not my job or anything just how i get around the city.

Suck my dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

too pedestrian to live
too car to die

• Locked thread