Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be the champs come Sunday morning?
This poll is closed.
Rockhold, Cruz 45 52.33%
Rockhold, Faber 10 11.63%
Bisping, Cruz 20 23.26%
Bisping, Faber 11 12.79%
Total: 86 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Bubba Smith posted:

They would never do it but I would love if they still did weigh-ins later in the day, except Rogan gets to read off how much weight their body has already put back on since the morning.

That'd be super interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Super bummed that we won't get to see guys awkwardly undressing while trying to maintain balance because they haven't eaten or had much to drink in days.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Bubba Smith posted:

They would never do it but I would love if they still did weigh-ins later in the day, except Rogan gets to read off how much weight their body has already put back on since the morning.

This, but I'd be worried it might lead to more excuses like:
I ate 3 breakfasts
I didn't manage my energy well

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Everybody is weighed in now except for Clay Guida because he was busy at hot yoga all morning.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

manyak posted:

Yah or maybe he will get upset that someone called him a computer programmer, and keep passive aggressively bringing it up over and over months later

Why would anyone be mad at being called a computer programmer

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
It's like the sorting hat from Harry potter, in that anyone can take a brief glance at me and by seeing the ludicrously thick lenses of my glasses and my tucked in short sleeved shirt and immediately assign me to house INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
I am split because on the one had its dumb and facile to say "that guy should have been a computer programmer" and its good to laugh at people who say that, but on the other hand: being a computer programmer is the best

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
eh it was just a little indirect ribbing - didn't mean to provoke the alpha jock - no need to call someone names like that

inri seems to have a good sense of humor though so I actually question his athleticism

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

edit: oh hey, wrong UFC thread.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

david carmichael posted:

It's like the sorting hat from Harry potter, in that anyone can take a brief glance at me and by seeing the ludicrously thick lenses of my glasses and my tucked in short sleeved shirt and immediately assign me to house INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY

Still better than Hufflepuff imo

TheUltimateDoofus
May 21, 2016

Bluedeanie posted:

Bisping is already a world-class cheater but I think his best path to victory is to pull out something we've never seen before and really take it to the next level: bringing a gun into the octagon

you haven't seen cody garbrandt's concealed carry tattoo?

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
In i think the 4th round of Bisping/anderson bisping is covered in blood (after getting kod!) with anderson silva dancing around thinking of the most creative ways to hit him in the face, and he just keeps pressing forward. In that moment you have to respect the man. You could tell he knew this was the defining moment of his career. You can see the determination on his face.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
getting the poo poo beaten out of him has always been the highlight of his career

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

origami posted:

getting the poo poo beaten out of him has always been the highlight of his career

lol

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

origami posted:

eh it was just a little indirect ribbing - didn't mean to provoke the alpha jock - no need to call someone names like that

inri seems to have a good sense of humor though so I actually question his athleticism

Im a lover, not a fighter. :P

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
BJJScout did another analysis of Faber/Cruz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5UCbb0_88k&hd=1

Mostly building on his previous Cruz breakdowns.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Dangersim posted:

In i think the 4th round of Bisping/anderson bisping is covered in blood (after getting kod!) with anderson silva dancing around thinking of the most creative ways to hit him in the face, and he just keeps pressing forward. In that moment you have to respect the man. You could tell he knew this was the defining moment of his career. You can see the determination on his face.

Word.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Weigh-ins starting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HbNU5GAInI

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

The other Dong.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

So they get undressed like usual get up on the scale and the commission guy tells Joe his official weigh in number.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

manyak posted:

Yah or maybe he will get upset that someone called him a computer programmer, and keep passive aggressively bringing it up over and over months later

haha

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
It's kinda weird that they're still stripping.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

fatherdog posted:

thesee guys are hot as hell alright

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Fuckin hell Breese looks so much larger than Strickland.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
This will be the first time Penne has fought since Joanna beat eight shades of poo poo out of her, which was almost a year ago. Dang.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I like that this weigh in format accepts that we just want to look at muscly dudes.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

fatherdog posted:

That's gotta be because Reebok wants more advertising time. Or rather doesn't want less than before.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

She beat Jessica Penne so bad she got a new nose.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
lol what's up with the bananas

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Clay Guida is weird and if his fights didn't mostly suck he would be very endearing.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

fatherdog posted:

This will be the first time Penne has fought since Joanna beat eight shades of poo poo out of her, which was almost a year ago. Dang.

That fight was awful because it felt like it should have been stopped earlier but there was no real moment I could pinpoint and say this is where it should be stopped.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

That banana was loaded with PEDs now Ortega is gonna pop. Master strategist Clay Guida.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

This seems like a real quick turnaround for Lombard after the massive beating he just took.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Le Saboteur posted:

That banana was loaded with PEDs now Ortega is gonna pop. Master strategist Clay Guida.

He doesn't need tainted bananas for that.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
arriany checking out hector's lombard

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Not a Cruz friendly crowd in LA.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
faber still looks kind of sucked in

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

EmmyOk posted:

That fight was awful because it felt like it should have been stopped earlier but there was no real moment I could pinpoint and say this is where it should be stopped.

Joanna is a lot like Nick Diaz in that regard and I think both of them have ruined some fighters because of it.

Also, gently caress Hector Lombard, and the funniest thing about the Cruz/Faber interactions is "You had four years where I was out of action, why were you never champion" has absolutely no answer and Faber is visibly, uncomfortably aware of the fact every time Cruz brings it up

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

A little playful touching for the main event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Bisping walking out with his son is cool and good

• Locked thread