Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

JiveHonky posted:

you racist motherfucker

Hmmm

Checks out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

FIRST EBOLA GOON AVOID ALL POSTS SPEWING EBLOA SHIT POSTS EVERWHERE
I'm literally retarded

JiveHonky posted:

Used to be okay to be racist. everyone was racist. from Archibald Bunker to Nancy Reagan to Walter Kronkite and even Malcom X. Nowadays racists are criticized, ostracized and demonized. You cant even smoke in bars and restaurants anymore. It's all out of control and the slippery slope is leading the snowball effect right to your door!

Did you know that if you tell a racial joke they can actually put you in jail? Its not true but maybe someday they could the way things are going.

I am personally not racist but all of my friends, family, clergymen, and local business owners are. Who is going to speak up for them? How far is too far?

Get your act together America. Shape up or ship out.

"Slippery slope", OP?
THAT'S AN INSULT TO GREASED GOOKS EVERYWHERE

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Im racist AMA :smugdon:

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
i hate racist

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
Full Metal Jacket couldn't possibly be made and released in theaters today without people either bursting into apoplectic rage or wilting away into a weepy mess and boycotting it. That's somewhat strange to me. Like our culture has changed that much in such a short amount of time.

hazyrazor
Apr 10, 2006
Could out fury the president
ww1/ww2 killed a bunch of europeans

in order to stop the white on white slaughter the jews made europeans stop their ethnic nationalist warfare

this stopped the german on french hate but as a tragic side effect ppl stopped hating the darkies/jews cuz now hating ppl based on where they born=bad

now everything is all topsy turvy!

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
I'm not racist, but I'm willing to allow a portion of my tax dollars to pay for someone else to die for your right to be a racist.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

Full Metal Jacket couldn't possibly be made and released in theaters today without people either bursting into apoplectic rage or wilting away into a weepy mess and boycotting it. That's somewhat strange to me. Like our culture has changed that much in such a short amount of time.

The only reason Full Metal Jacket couldn't be made today is because no one wants to see a movie about the Vietnam War.

Worlds Smuggest
Mar 13, 2010
Honestly Racism isn't so much the issue, it never was. Acting Violently and preventing others from their personal freedom and shutting people out of the community and employment is where it starts being lovely. At the same time, if we let poison pill actors into positions of power to put a reversal of the spectrum it's not good for anyone.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

Maybe your getting old

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Ahundredbux posted:

Maybe your getting old

Old man unsheathes katana at cloud.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if it is racist to loathe the white devils and pray for the earth to be permanently cleansed of their taint then yeah, i guess im a racist.

proctorbot
Jan 27, 2005
BUT CAN IT FEEL??!?!
I'M SO loving TIRED OF HEARING ABOUT RACISM ALL THE TIME EVERYWHERE!!!!

gawd

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I hear ya dogg

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I do not ever remember a time when being racist would have been considered a positive personality trait, so 30+ years ago.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I have a question about ethnic pride and hopefully some minorities (assuming their inferior brains can read) will help me. Why do people of an ethnic group who were born in America, speak only English, have never been to their country of origin, and have no desire to ever go there always seem so proud of it? I know this one dago "Italian" from like 4 generations ago who always goes on about the family and how Italy is. He's never been and doesn't seem to realize Italy is a poo poo hole. It's like come on dude. Anyway I kinda got off track but I want to repeat that Puerto Ricans are pushy arrogant angry motherfuckers but they make amazing food and are always really friendly and helpful in my experience.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Racists used to be hella proud of their racism these days theyre a bunch of mewling kittens who cry constantly. Weird

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

1960 racist : i would never let a negra marry my daughter!

2016 racist : im not racist but

proctorbot
Jan 27, 2005
BUT CAN IT FEEL??!?!

oldpainless posted:

I have a question about ethnic pride and hopefully some minorities (assuming their inferior brains can read) will help me. Why do people of an ethnic group who were born in America, speak only English, have never been to their country of origin, and have no desire to ever go there always seem so proud of it? I know this one dago "Italian" from like 4 generations ago who always goes on about the family and how Italy is. He's never been and doesn't seem to realize Italy is a poo poo hole. It's like come on dude. Anyway I kinda got off track but I want to repeat that Puerto Ricans are pushy arrogant angry motherfuckers but they make amazing food and are always really friendly and helpful in my experience.

They hate white people and want to make it clear that they are not white people; in TYOOL 2016 it is shameful to be a white person.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
My grandma once gave me a lecture about how it is a sacred duty for women to stay home and cook and clean for their husband, and if I ever allowed my wife to have a job, I'm out of the will

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

JiveHonky posted:

Used to be okay to be racist. everyone was racist. from Archibald Bunker to Nancy Reagan to Walter Kronkite and even Malcom X. Nowadays racists are criticized, ostracized and demonized. You cant even smoke in bars and restaurants anymore. It's all out of control and the slippery slope is leading the snowball effect right to your door!

Did you know that if you tell a racial joke they can actually put you in jail? Its not true but maybe someday they could the way things are going.

I am personally not racist but all of my friends, family, clergymen, and local business owners are. Who is going to speak up for them? How far is too far?

Get your act together America. Shape up or ship out.

the late 90s.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs4P1kKK-5k

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I was hoping it was tuba time and I was not disappointed.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
Whenever I rewatch Blazing Saddles I kind of expect to cringe a bit but I never do. I think this is because Mel Brooks transcends race

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

A Stupid Baby posted:

Whenever I rewatch Blazing Saddles I kind of expect to cringe a bit but I never do. I think this is because Mel Brooks transcends race

Richard Pryor wrote a bunch of poo poo didn't he?

Nickelodeon Household
Apr 11, 2010

I like chocolate MIIIILK
The problem is everyone's a goddamn mutt today because there's so much intermingling of ethnic bloodlines. Hell, we now have those Sicilians claiming Italian ethnicity when everyone knows the only proper varieties of Italian are those derived from Etruscan or Italic origin. Certainly not those Celt-wannabe Ligures, barbarous Gauls, or smarmy Greeks. No thank you, sir. If you can't trace a pure bloodline from the Bronze Age, I just assume you're an AIDS-infested Gypsie-Jew hybrid.

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

spregalia posted:

The problem is everyone's a goddamn mutt today because there's so much intermingling of ethnic bloodlines. Hell, we now have those Sicilians claiming Italian ethnicity when everyone knows the only proper varieties of Italian are those derived from Etruscan or Italic origin. Certainly not those Celt-wannabe Ligures, barbarous Gauls, or smarmy Greeks. No thank you, sir. If you can't trace a pure bloodline from the Bronze Age, I just assume you're an AIDS-infested Gypsie-Jew hybrid.

i can trace my family tree to like 1040 AD last time i checked. pretty neat. thanks, record keeping/literate ancestors

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

The Sphinxster posted:

Richard Pryor wrote a bunch of poo poo didn't he?

He was gonna be the lead but the studio refused

I read some interview with Mel Brooks where he said Pryor did some script work and a lot of "is it okay to say that word here or not" with the parts he didn't write

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS
Maybe a better question is, "When did being racist become tattoo?"

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
no, a better question is why does the word taboo sound so racist

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Serviette posted:

Maybe a better question is, "When did being racist become tattoo?"

https://www.google.com/search?q=rac...VUPD_kQ_AUIBigB

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

JiveHonky posted:

no, a better question is why does the word taboo sound so racist

tabooga booga

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS

lol

Well, I have my answer.

Seriously, which synapses fired for some maf to tattoo "Racist" on their foreheads?

Still lolling

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Serviette posted:

lol

Well, I have my answer.

Seriously, which synapses fired for some maf to tattoo "Racist" on their foreheads?

Still lolling

the south ones

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

homercles posted:

I hate taurens because their character model is too large and they make being melee too annoying. gently caress taurens.

:agreed:

ninotoreS
Aug 20, 2009

Thanks for the input, Jeff!

vols bitch posted:

racist jokes can be really funny but you shouldt hate other people unless they are eskimos

loving eskimos

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

spregalia posted:

It's a little weird how every Euro mutt just picks the majority percentage of their bloodline as "their race" and gets really invested in it.

Guys we are maybe 40% Irish, maybe, we don't need to have Danny Boy playing at every family event

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
people got fed up probably

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
You can still be racist but you have to call it "my heritage" now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

FlimFlam Imam posted:

You can still be racist but you have to call it "my heritage" now.

It's about states' rights tbh

• Locked thread