Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ihopeirememberthis
Sep 8, 2011
imo racism is better than just being an rear end for no reason. Like those neo nazis actually thing they are doing good but they are just dumb and angry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ihopeirememberthis
Sep 8, 2011
Maybe there are really nice neo nazis who just got caught up in things

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

ihopeirememberthis posted:

Maybe there are really nice neo nazis who just got caught up in things

Oh god, it's an Albert Speer sock puppet!

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

who is the guy who goes loving nuts if you post about gypsies

lets be racist towards gypsies

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
I think he's in kitty jail for a while.

ROMAAAA :argh:

Nickelodeon Household
Apr 11, 2010

I like chocolate MIIIILK

homeless poster posted:

bingo. it's also because the nature of their jobs makes them extremely cautious about the literal interpretation of what they're saying / doing, because they're always being recorded and watched, and those recordings could be subpoenaed and they'd then have to defend their statements in court.

spelling the word friend of the family in the nato phonetic alphabet will likely still get you in hot water, but if you can maintain plausible deniability that you believed the person or people you were referencing were of Canadian descent, you've got a much better chance of being able to skip away without any punishment.

I get that, but there's literally no plausible deniability about calling black people Canadians. What are they going to claim in court, "Well your honor, they were wearing hockey jerseys and chugging maple syrup and I think I heard one say 'Eh?'."

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
Yeah but think about how much better those OJ tapes would have been if instead of n----- this n----- that it was just Canadians.

quote:

On September 5, 1995, jurors in the case heard a recording of Fuhrman briefly saying Canadians twice, including when he spoke about his hometown by saying; 'We have no Canadians where I grew up.'

They did not however hear what came before that line of the tapes, which was; 'People there don't want Canadians in their town. People there don't want Mexicans in their town.

'They don't want anybody but good people in their town, and anyway you can do to get them out of there that's fine with them. We have no Canadians where I grew up.'

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
That's kinda fun actually

quote:

'That we've got females ...and dumb Canadians, and all your Mexicans that can't even write the name of the car they drive.'

He also uses it when discussing his issues with his fellow Americans donating money to other countries, saying; 'You know these people here, we got all this money going to Ottawa for what. To feed a bunch of dumb Canadians that their own government won't even feed.'

quote:

'First thing, anything out of a Canadian's mouth for the first five or six sentences is a loving lie. That is just right out. There has got to be a reason why he is going to tell you the truth.'

Roylicious fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jun 15, 2016

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Tuxedo Gin posted:

they smell like cat pee

Nickelodeon Household
Apr 11, 2010

I like chocolate MIIIILK
I never thought of it like that, think about how much it could improve our favorite movies.

quote:

The sheriff is coming!
Ring out the church bell!
Hey, the sheriff is a c-BONG
What did he say?
The sheriff is near!
No, no, dag blame it, goh darn it, the sheriff is a c-BONG
As chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel and a hearty handshake to our new...Canadian.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

ihopeirememberthis posted:

imo racism is better than just being an rear end for no reason. Like those neo nazis actually thing they are doing good but they are just dumb and angry

It really isn't

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
The truth is we all have prejudices because that's how human brain meats work, the trick is teaching and encouraging people to challenge and change their opinions, not to just tut at them so they learn to keep it to themselves. This is untenable right now because if you are racist you are bad and nobody wants to see themselves as bad, so you rationalize your poo poo to protect your sense of self. The focus needs to be on the thoughts and ensuing actions and harm caused from them being bad, not the people. It would not lead to a peaceful paradise and there would still be plenty of hate and misunderstanding, but encouraging introspection and self-change might take the edge off a bit. I think that's the best we can hope for as a species.

E: is there such a thing as a pessimistic optimist?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Or maybe it's because racists are taught that racist poo poo isn't racist. Also they learn that if they act all offended and don't admit racist poo poo is racist they "win".

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

FIRST EBOLA GOON AVOID ALL POSTS SPEWING EBLOA SHIT POSTS EVERWHERE
I'm literally retarded
The President is near.
Sorry. Too easy.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

vols bitch posted:

racist jokes can be really funny

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

I'm literally retarded

Sure an' they can.
the classic "Truckload of Bowling Balls" joke, for example. With Barney Fife.
I told that joke to a bunch of (hep) black guys in a bar (with the voices, which really makes the joke) and they laughed their asses off cuz' o'course they'd never heard it before.
That's how good a funnyman I once was. I can tell Nozzle joaks to Nozzles and not get stomped.

That is the purpose of laughter.
It is the human posture to deflect violence that does no one any good- like a dog wagging his tail.
Wanna kill racism? Laugh it to death.

zimboe fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jun 16, 2016

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

How many pollacks does it take to make a joke about pollacks funny?

Just one. Their pitiful, subhuman existence alone is more than enough to elicit mirthful chuckles.

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

I'm literally retarded
THE PUNCH LINE FOLKS:
(Barney on the radio) "Andy! Andy! I just pulled over a truck fulla friend of the family eggs, two of e'm hatched, and they already stole a motorcycle!"
Ah, the classics.
This joke was told to me by my Dad when I was nine years old.
That's Saltine culture for ya'll.

E:
Do Blacks have Honky jokes? They must exist, cosmic symmetry requires it.
I wanna hear 'em.

zimboe fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jun 16, 2016

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Tuxedo Gin posted:

Moridin and I think he's like permabanned or something, maybe he dead?

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

I'm literally retarded

Captain Yossarian posted:

Moridin and I think he's like permabanned or something, maybe he dead?

So if a Gypsy somehow wound up in Japan, would he be a JapsyAHAHHHAHAHAHHA

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

zimboe posted:

THE PUNCH LINE FOLKS:
(Barney on the radio) "Andy! Andy! I just pulled over a truck fulla friend of the family eggs, two of e'm hatched, and they already stole a motorcycle!"
Ah, the classics.
This joke was told to me by my Dad when I was nine years old.
That's Saltine culture for ya'll.

E:
Do Blacks have Honky jokes? They must exist, cosmic symmetry requires it.
I wanna hear 'em.

Have you never watched a black stand up comedian?

(I guess you wouldn't, you bigot)

tie-dye my titties
Jun 14, 2014

by WE B Boo-ourgeois
zimboe please take your meds

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

I'm literally retarded

reallivedinosaur posted:

Have you never watched a black stand up comedian?

(I guess you wouldn't, you bigot)

Richard Pryor is a fine funnyman. He was almost cast in Blazing Saddles as Sheriff Bart, but it went to Cleavon Little, PBUH.
Before you denounce me as an anti-black racist, know that I am baptised in the Church Of Andrae Crouch, Pacoima , CA.
Word o' God.
You can't get any blacker than that.

The services were amazing, grayed-haired old grandmas thrashing on the carpets speaking in tongues, good old hell-fire preachers shouting the Gospel, It was great.
Now that's old school religion.

zimboe fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jun 16, 2016

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

zimboe posted:

Richard Pryor is a fine funnyman. He was almost cast in Blazing Saddles as Sheriff Bart, but it went to Cleavon Little, PBUH.
Before you denounce me as an anti-black racist, know that I am baptised in the Church Of Andrae Crouch, Pacoima , CA.
Word o' God.

The services were amazing, grayed-haired old grandmas thrashing on the carpets speaking in tongues, good old hell fire preachers shouting the Gospel, It was great.

Nice meltdown, idiot :grin:

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

I'm literally retarded

Captain Yossarian posted:

Nice meltdown, idiot :grin:

What meltdown? It's the truth. Long story.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

zimboe posted:

Richard Pryor is a fine funnyman. He was almost cast in Blazing Saddles as Sherrif Bart, but it went to Cleavon Little, PBUH.
Word o' God.

The services were amazing, grayed-haired old grandmas thrashing on the carpets speaking in tongues, good old hell fire preachers shouting the Gospel, It was great.

"You can't get any blacker than that" is problematic, and we're going to need someone with high morals to judge you publicly now and forever.

It is the way of our people*

(* internet babies)

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
I, personally, dance in this manner. you, as an individual who is not me, may dance in a different way.

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

I'm literally retarded

reallivedinosaur posted:

"You can't get any blacker than that" is problematic, and we're going to need someone with high morals to judge you publicly now and forever.

It is the way of our people*

(* internet babies)

Black in the cultural sense, of course, YBSFHTP.

E: I say again if you wanna kill racism, laugh it to death.

Remember when Michael Richards dropped his beads on stage and called some black hecklers a bunch of nozzles and his career was instantly destroyed?

What he should have said was "Martin Luther King didn't give his life to give you jerks the right to be assholes!"

Word.

zimboe fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jun 16, 2016

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

zimboe posted:

The services were amazing, grayed-haired old grandmas thrashing on the carpets speaking in tongues, good old hell-fire preachers shouting the Gospel, It was great.
Now that's old school religion.

Def can't get blacker than wholeheartedly worshiping a white man's conception of god imposed upon your people by white colonialists.

:catholic:

I'm just playin' (kinda)

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

I'm literally retarded

Roylicious posted:

Def can't get blacker than wholeheartedly worshiping a white man's conception of god imposed upon your people by white colonialists.

I'm just playin' (kinda)

I didn't understand that at all. A clarification, please?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Roylicious posted:

I'm just playin' (kinda)

Well, that particular expression of the faith is particularly culturally American "black". (woody brown? dark tan with ruddy undertones? kind of a creamy deep dun? actual black, like some fuckin' Abyssinans? ) The term black never made sense to me as a child. I once said "that man isn't black! He's brown!" Oh, the joys of youth.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

zimboe posted:

I didn't understand that at all. A clarification, please?

Dr. John Henrik Clarke posted:

When the European comes to a country, the first thing he does is to laugh at your God and your God concept. And the next thing is to make you laugh at your own God concept. Then he don't have to build no jails for you then, cause he's got you in a jail more binding than iron can ever put you. Anytime you turn on your own concept of God, you are no longer a free man. No one needs to put chains on your body, because the chains are on your mind.

Religion is the organization of spirituality into something that became the handmaiden of conquerors. Nearly all religions were brought to people and imposed on people by conquerors, and used as the framework to control their minds.

And that's how we're trapped. We have been educated into believing someone else's concept of the deity, and someone else's standard of beauty. You have the right to practice any religion and politics in a way that best suits your freedom, your dignity, and your understanding. And once you do that, you don't apologize.

My main point here is that if you are the child of God and God is a part of you, then in your imagination God is supposed to look like you. And when you accept a picture of the deity assigned to you by another people, you become the spiritual prisoners of that other people.

I want to make it clear that the black race did not come to the United States culturally empty-handed. The role and importance of ethnic history is in how well it teaches a people to use their own talents, take pride in their own history and love their own memories.

Interesting to think about at least. It's true that Jesus was probably not white and that a white Jesus is what is being worshiped in most Christian churches, even in all black ones.

Pvt.Scott posted:

Well, that particular expression of the faith is particularly culturally American "black". (woody brown? dark tan with ruddy undertones? kind of a creamy deep dun? actual black, like some fuckin' Abyssinans? ) The term black never made sense to me as a child. I once said "that man isn't black! He's brown!" Oh, the joys of youth.

That's because prior to African colonialization there were no 'white people' and 'black people.' That's how Europeans came to describe Africans as part of their justification for colonialism - white symbolizing purity and goodness and black symbolizing evil/barbarism. See how deep that poo poo runs?

In Arabic (they also had their slave trade), black people are called 'abed' which just translates to 'slave.' More honest, even if more hosed up.

But in regards to 'what is actually culturally American black then?' I like Malcolm X in that he not only rejects his 'white' name with the X, he realizes that he'll never get back what was lost (his African heritage) and that it is an opportunity to forge something new.

Roylicious fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jun 16, 2016

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

I'm literally retarded

Pvt.Scott posted:

Well I always thought various strengths of coffee.
Here is a joke that the Israelis got a lotta crap for about a year ago:

How do you make Obama Coffee?
Black and weak.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
Heh that's funny though.

People take jokes too seriously sometimes.

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

I'm literally retarded
Dr. John Henrik Clarke posted:

When the European comes to a country, the first thing he does is to laugh at your God and your God concept. And the next thing is to make you laugh at your own God concept. Then he don't have to build no jails for you then, cause he's got you in a jail more binding than iron can ever put you. Anytime you turn on your own concept of God, you are no longer a free man. No one needs to put chains on your body, because the chains are on your mind.

Religion is the organization of spirituality into something that became the handmaiden of conquerors. Nearly all religions were brought to people and imposed on people by conquerors, and used as the framework to control their minds.

end quote.

Religion, like most political systems, is a labor-saving device to implement control without wasting too much soldiers/bullets/treasure. Not unlike a washing machine.

hosed but true.

E:
And Man is a sorry lot- ain't he.

zimboe fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jun 16, 2016

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

Roylicious posted:

get your history straight, americans didnt colonize africans, they bought them as property

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
That's just a repackaged version of "I like my men like I like my coffee, black and strong" joke from Good Times starring Jimmy "JJ" Walker

and should be condemned for being a weak idiot joke only a simpleton would laugh at or consider "racist humor"

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
i mean its a loving pun

christ

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

I'm literally retarded

reallivedinosaur posted:

That's just a repackaged version of "I like my men like I like my coffee, black and strong" joke from Good Times starring Jimmy "JJ" Walker

and should be condemned for being a weak idiot joke only a simpleton would laugh at or consider "racist humor"

Naw, that's from the movie Airplane.

SAID BY A NINE YEAR OLD GIRL, HEH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

zimboe posted:

E:
And Man is a sorry lot- ain't he.

Yeah :\

Anyway I wasn't trying to be all 'you're not REALLY black for practicing that religion' or whatever I was just teasing.

• Locked thread