Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

School Nickname posted:

Every time I use his method scrambled egg I get a mean, mean case of the shits two or three hours after I eat them (or any scrambled egg even). They're loving delicious though. A pity I can't digest eggs that aren't literally burnt. I guess I'll have to stick to ham, cheese & chive omelette's like a pleb.

Try Pepin's method but I don't know how different it would be for your shits :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

It's pretty weird hearing him uncensored. Like, he ends up sounding like a mean bully douche when you actually hear the words while when they're bleeped it's like "happy cartoony game show" on primetime broadcast tv.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

SilvergunSuperman posted:

The real question is who's the bigger piece of poo poo, Ramsay or Bobby Flay?

Bobby Flay because Gordon is just acting

Watch him on the original British version of Kitchen Nightmares and he comes across as nice and reasonable. Americans want drama so he adopted a super rear end in a top hat persona

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

That's a pretty funny video. I've never heard anything bad about his actual michelin star restaurants and he's obviously hamming it up on this show because fox tells him too, so he's okay in my book. It would probably be fun to spend a day with him at his house, hanging around his little farm and cooking.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

Roger Craig posted:

Watch him on the original British version of Kitchen Nightmares and he comes across as nice and reasonable. Americans want drama so he adopted a super rear end in a top hat persona

yea the swearing is almost friendly in the UK

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NQ6YHPTfdg

One of my faves. Also features James May.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

i would like to use the word oval office more often but i always forget, and then when i'm in bed waiting to go to sleep i realize the times during the day i should have used it. i bet gordon ramsay never has that problem.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I'm a boring loser who actually likes what he's seen of The F Word hth.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
The kitchen nightmares UK episodes are absolutely a+ good television

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I always feel like hell's kitchen makes him look like a bad leader cause he takes competent people and stresses them out so much over minor things that they sorta just spiral into a quivering mass of nerves. I mean obviously that's kind of the point of the show but it'd be a bad way to actually manage a team outside the context of entertainment television.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

:justpost:

And by 'post' I mean 'gratuitously use the word oval office in any situation you find yourself in'

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

ArbitraryC posted:

I always feel like hell's kitchen makes him look like a bad leader cause he takes competent people and stresses them out so much over minor things that they sorta just spiral into a quivering mass of nerves. I mean obviously that's kind of the point of the show but it'd be a bad way to actually manage a team outside the context of entertainment television.

Lol you've never worked a blue collar job have you

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Sheep-Goats posted:

Lol you've never worked a blue collar job have you

I'm just saying a good leader can make incompetent people seem competent while he straight up does the opposite of that on the show. He's totally different on master chef and actually helps the people who are good cooks but kinda unconfident flourish but on hell's kitchen he's there to play a different role for entertainment.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
i dont like gordon ramis, he seems very disagreeable and aggressive. he made that lady say she was an idiot sandwich, you shouldnt do this to ladies be nice to them instead okay?

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
I like that fat guy who cooked tasty creole food.

Also those two ladies who rode a motorcycle and were deffo banging on the DL

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Gordon Ramsay: droppin owns and makin scones

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Gordon Ramsay: tfw u got burned af but ur steak's a perfect medium rare

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Mordja posted:

I'm a boring loser who actually likes what he's seen of The F Word hth.

That's a loving great show and I loving love Gordon Ramsay.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

psychokitty posted:

That's a loving great show and I loving love Gordon Ramsay.

what if he made you into an idiot sandwich? would you still care deeply for him?

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

JiveHonky posted:

what if he made you into an idiot sandwich? would you still care deeply for him?

Yeah I would laugh and then kiss his hair

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

School Nickname posted:

Every time I use his method for scrambled egg I get a mean, mean case of the shits two or three hours after I eat them (or any scrambled egg even). They're loving delicious though. A pity I can't digest eggs that aren't literally burnt. I guess I'll have to stick to ham, cheese & chive omelette's like a pleb.

same except I don't use creme fraiche because im not an idiot who buys creme fraiche and the eggs dont give me shits

my one problem with it is using a stainless steel pot always leaves the loving worst egg residue inside. I get it gordon, you don't have to wash your own cookware but some of us dont want to spend 5 minutes scraping dried egg out of a pot

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

psychokitty posted:

Yeah I would laugh and then kiss his hair

fair enough!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

JiveHonky posted:

I'd rather be an idiot pizza, but yeah

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:

Retail Slave posted:

Coming up on Fox: A show where Gordon Ramsay yells at you as you're trying to get a job with him. Followed by: Gordon Ramsay yells at amateur cooks who dare disgrace his kitchen with their swill. Up next: Gordon Ramsay yells at kids. And finally: Gordon Ramsay yells at you in your lovely restaurant.

I wish Gordan Ramsay would come yell at me in my basement!

...I would probably cry.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Acid Haze posted:

I wish Gordan Ramsay would come yell at me in my basement!

...I would probably cry.

I would totally be down for a series where Gordon Ramsay follows me around and yells at me for like a week

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Gordon Ramsay is an A+ hero because he introduced me to the phrase "Are you pulling my plonker?!"

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Xelkelvos posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NQ6YHPTfdg

One of my faves. Also features James May.

the vids thumbnail reminds me of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kweojd-D10A

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
kittycat loving catfood

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
i dont like that pencil in his ear id be afraid of getting poked by it when hes mad at me :ohdear:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
ah what the gently caress i thought i was clicking into another game of thrones thread about ramsay snow (bastard / warden of the north)

what a frickin gyp dude i dont give a drat about this chef rear end in a top hat guy

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

thathonkey posted:

ah what the gently caress i thought i was clicking into another game of thrones thread about ramsay snow (bastard / warden of the north)

what a frickin gyp dude i dont give a drat about this chef rear end in a top hat guy

:ramsay:

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting

Roger Craig posted:

Yeah people who've been on the American version say he's very nice off camera and only acts like that while filming. I like the British version better because it's more chill.

Also he is very good (eggcellent, if you will pardon my french) at scrambled eggs although it's a pain to clean up afterwards. It's best to dump the eggs out of the pan as soon as they're done, then immediately put the pan in the sink and fill it with water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUP7U5vTMM0

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I've seen every episode of Hell's Kitchen but I agree with others I loved the first season where he was truly unhinged and took people's food and smeared it on their aprons and called people :ramsay:

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Thanks to the G man I can't take Game of Thrones' tryhard Ramsay poo poo seriously

Something something cookin sausage

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

An Ounce of Gold posted:

He knows how to make scrambled eggs better than any of you. Put some respe.... meh
i saw a video of him making scrambled eggs and they weren't scrambled eggs. they were a gross looking uncooked egg paste

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

thatdonkey :v:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Mr. Ramsay taught me how to cook a steak good. Thanks Gordon! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmC9SmCBUj4

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Prettz posted:

i saw a video of him making scrambled eggs and they weren't scrambled eggs. they were a gross looking uncooked egg paste

is it this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUP7U5vTMM0

i just watch it. those look weird as gently caress but i bet they taste good. not what i think of as scrambling eggs but whatever.

never heard the tip about putting salt in at the end with the pepper and scrambling it in the pan instead of in a bowl beforehand though. gonna try that and see what's what

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Iron Crowned posted:

I would totally be down for a series where Gordon Ramsay follows me around and yells at me for like a week

gently caress yeah man. I'd probably be doing some poo poo like filling gas when Gordon comes out of nowhere and starts berating me about lamb sauce, it'd be awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

If it's too mushy for you leave it in the pan longer I guess? Or leave out the cream? (Because who has creme fraiche lying around on a saturday?)

• Locked thread