Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

thathonkey posted:

is it this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUP7U5vTMM0

i just watch it. those look weird as gently caress but i bet they taste good. not what i think of as scrambling eggs but whatever.

never heard the tip about putting salt in at the end with the pepper and scrambling it in the pan instead of in a bowl beforehand though. gonna try that and see what's what

i clicked on this like and the youtube ad was for a fridge that has cameras in the doors so you can be at the grocery store and pull out your phone and check what you got in your fridge and i'll be god damned if that isn't actually a good idea but on the other hand as an apartment dweller i'm gonna be using these whirlpool fridges from the 70s until the day i die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

rebel1608 posted:

I don't watch Hell's Kitchen a lot but my favorite clip isn't even of Gordon Ramsay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9H8xipPF-4

I like when the sous chefs go off. I was looking for the clip of Andi going off and it's in this creepy compilation someone made of her at the 1:50 mark
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er6888ULLpM

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

MiracleWhale posted:

i clicked on this like and the youtube ad was for a fridge that has cameras in the doors so you can be at the grocery store and pull out your phone and check what you got in your fridge and i'll be god damned if that isn't actually a good idea but on the other hand as an apartment dweller i'm gonna be using these whirlpool fridges from the 70s until the day i die

wow that is a pretty good idea. too bad ive never owned a big kitchen appliance made after like 1995 either

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

i've never seen anyone make scrambled eggs like that but it looks good, i gotta try it

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
It's good.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

He called Tracey Grimshaw a fat pig and the Australian media (or just her channel) had a meltdown about "our tracey" except he was right and her show is hot garbage. Gordon Ramsay is a good man.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCU3K6l95Xw

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Absolute Lithops posted:

Yeah people who've been on the American version say he's very nice off camera and only acts like that while filming. I like the British version better because it's more chill.

Also he is very good (eggcellent, if you will pardon my french) at scrambled eggs although it's a pain to clean up afterwards. It's best to dump the eggs out of the pan as soon as they're done, then immediately put the pan in the sink and fill it with water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUP7U5vTMM0

If you want something even more chiller. Australian Masterchef is very very good and chill. everyone there is always encouraging and looking out for each other, and while the tasters can be a harsh but fair dick, it's pretty rare and they're usually nice pointing out where they went wrong and stuff instead of exaggerated drama. it's much more heartwarming

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
I had the beef Wellington at Gordon Ramsay: Steak in Las Vegas and it was pretty good.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Homer J. Fong posted:

I had the beef Wellington at Gordon Ramsay: Steak in Las Vegas and it was pretty good.

why didn't you have the steak?

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
my friends got steak it was also good

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Gordon Ramsay at the London in LA: Beef Wellington was loving perfect, sticky toffee made me have an emotional reaction.

Like this.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Xaris posted:

If you want something even more chiller. Australian Masterchef is very very good and chill. everyone there is always encouraging and looking out for each other, and while the tasters can be a harsh but fair dick, it's pretty rare and they're usually nice pointing out where they went wrong and stuff instead of exaggerated drama. it's much more heartwarming

heartwarming?! my heart is loving RAW!!!

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
Man, how can you not love Gordon? Here's my favorite exchange, from essentially every episode of Kitchen Nightmares:

:eng101: Right, so how's the business going?

:pwn: We are losing $19,000 a month and cannot afford to stay open for more than another 5 days without help.

:eng101: How many booked for dinner?

:pwn: Zero, no one comes in here anymore and we are failing so loving hard 1945 Hitler would pity us.

:eng101: OK well let's talk about my lunch. The burger I had was dry and tasteless and the rice you served with it was obviously old, it was hard as bullets and totally tasteless. Shocking!

:argh: WHAT THE gently caress ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT LITERALLY EVERYONE LOVES THAT BURGER NO ONE HAS EVER COMPLAINED ABOUT IT BECAUSE IT IS THE BEST BURGER IN AMERICA YOU JUST DON'T KNOW! WE COOKED THAT RICE ON WEDNESDAY AND IT ISN'T MOLDY AND DOESN'T SMELL BAD SO IT IS PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE!

It always cracks me up. Hey, yeah, the business is failing and I'm an inch from being out on the streets but it can't be because of the food! That's my food! I put that burger on the menu! What the gently caress do you mean seaweed, maple syrup, and pickled ox tail don't make sense as burger toppings?!?! WHAT DO YOU KNOW ANYWAY? This is the very finest Wagyu beef!

It's to his credit he never points out that he's a multimillionaire with double-digit Michelin stars to his name while they can't keep the loving raw meat away from the cooked and haven't cleaned their stove in five years.

Some of the restaurants he goes to are serious head-scratchers, like the BBQ restaurant that would smoke their meat every day and then instead of serving the fresh smoked meat would instead put it in plastic bags in the refrigerator to reheat in the microwave and serve tomorrow while serving yesterday's microwave-reheated meat today, or the one where a dude refused to let his kitchen staff speak to each other during service because "they've got a job to do and it's not chattering."

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
That's the thing, right? I have never seen him stoop to the point of "Do you know who I am??? I am Gordon (loving) Ramsay! You should listen to me because of that fact!"

Save for Hell's Kitchen where him being angry at everyone is half the point, in those shows like Kitchen Nightmares he's always respectful to people until they disrespect him first.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I love that US Kitchen Nightmares where he hates all of the food except the desserts and he asks the old lady that makes the desserts for her recipes. :)

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
Yea he usually doesnt start off as the rear end in a top hat. Hes brutally honest.

Most episodes start

He arrives, super nice to everyone

He gets served poo poo food

They ask him if they liked it

Hes brutally honest and says no it sucked.

Then it gets personal and an argument starts.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzBnFutegJE

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

SurfaceDetail posted:

Yea he usually doesnt start off as the rear end in a top hat. Hes brutally honest.

Most episodes start

I'm torn between thinking that anyone after the first season must be playing it up (because surely they've seen the show and should therefore know what to expect) and thinking that of course they're going to be delusional as to think they're the special snowflakes because they're ~*small business owners*~

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

I'm torn between thinking that anyone after the first season must be playing it up (because surely they've seen the show and should therefore know what to expect) and thinking that of course they're going to be delusional as to think they're the special snowflakes because they're ~*small business owners*~

watch the amy's baking company episode to witness the zenith of delusional small business owners and it will all start to make sense

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
I've only seen kitchen nightmares but I like Gordon Ramsey. I'd gently caress him. But also I like kitchen drama, I loved it when I was a server. And most of the people he seems to go to genuinely are blind to the fact they are ruining their business with lovely food & service

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Don't ever gently caress a chef because they rarely smell like anything but onions.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

criscodisco posted:

Don't ever gently caress a chef because they rarely smell like anything but onions.

They always make you cry in the end

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Jukeboxblues posted:

More like Boredom Ramsgay lol

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Hector Beerlioz posted:

They always make you cry in the end

the great thing about marrying a chef is they always have a full set of sharp kitchen knives so if you think about it it's a problem that practically solves itself

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Strategic Tea posted:

(Because who has creme fraiche lying around on a saturday?)

Sour cream is practically the same thing.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

MiracleWhale posted:

the great thing about marrying a chef is they always have a full set of sharp kitchen knives so if you think about it it's a problem that practically solves itself

Yeah but if they're finger banging you and a piece of onion slides out from under his fingernail that's how you get toxic shock syndrome.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

criscodisco posted:

Yeah but if they're finger banging you and a piece of onion slides out from under his fingernail that's how you get toxic shock syndrome.

yet another reason why I always ask my lovers to put on latex gloves before the fingerbangs commence

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I feel like Ramsey each time I heat a stouffers lasagna

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

MiracleWhale posted:

yet another reason why I always ask my lovers to put on latex gloves before the fingerbangs commence

That seems like it would kill the mood. Besides, what are they supposed to let their friends smell later, the glove?

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

criscodisco posted:

That seems like it would kill the mood. Besides, what are they supposed to let their friends smell later, the glove?

I make my secretions available in the form of a high end cologne called "smeg", available exclusively at bloomingdales

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I'm phone posting from Bloomingdale's and they've never heard of it.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I wonder, is, is there anything he does like? :shrug:

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

I wonder, is, is there anything he does like? :shrug:

There was this little bbq shack run by an old lady and he cleaned his plate.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Hector Beerlioz posted:

There was this little bbq shack run by an old lady and he cleaned his plate.

that was a good episode and her food looked really tasty

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
BBQ: King of Foods

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

SurfaceDetail posted:

Most episodes start

Then the owners cry as they realize they are retarded people

Then he gives them a brand new menu with simple rear end food that anybody could cook

Also does a restaurant remodel with new equipment and new dining room

Sometimes gets somebody to be their chef for 3 months while they find somebody that isn't a complete idiot.

* Unless of course you are the ABC people and you are just batshit insane and beyond help.

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
I've watched plenty of kitchen nightmares but I'm watching the Amy's Baking Company one for the first time and holy poo poo.
I want to strangle her.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
He did this three part series where he went around India and some of Southeast Asia trying local foods, it was really cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
im gonna try making those eggs without the creme fraiche this wekend.

i like mine scrambled harder so ill probably leave them on the pan instead of doing the on off thing he was doing+

• Locked thread