Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

CrashScreen posted:

Now that I'm also done with the very first update in the new thread, I can finally make one particular change! I've wrote a backlog of updates already, but Crash's name has been bugging me for a while now. It just feels really awkward writing, and like I'm speaking in third person. Originally, I was going to just change it, but I decided it might be more interesting to put it to a vote. I'm probably also going to let people vote on the race they want the protagonist to be, if anyone would be interested in that too?

The rules for the voting on the name for the protagonist in this LP are simple:
- Share whatever names you think are funny, clever, or interesting for an adventurer. You can also vote to keep the name. The name with the most votes will be selected.
- Needs to be a forename and surname. Both must be no no larger than 15 characters each, and can only total a maximum of 20 characters together.
- Whatever works so long as it won't get me banned in the game. Try your luck if you want. A GM visit might be a fun little bonus.
- The name has to be available on Midgardsormr. This means no Viewing Cutscene, no Anna Banana'chan, and no Prostate Puncher to name a few. If you're unsure, just share it anyway!
- Make sure to post the name in bold!

Let's get technically lore-appropriate.

Shaezerus fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jun 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?

CrashScreen posted:

I feel like I'm being bullied.

You knew what you were getting into when it came to this specific quest reward.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?

TiamosLoren posted:

Seems with these events they get caught in a time loop where time never seems to progress from year to year...despite each acknowledging a new year in some form.

My guess is so they don't want to mess with new players by having the Calamity be continually Five Years Ago but in annual events they'd be saying it's seven or eight or ten. There is a confirmed progression of time as the story goes on, at least.

It's kind of like how according to FF11's ingame clock it's currently the year 1257 and the Crystal War, its major storyline-pivotal event, happened twenty years ago, in 862.

Shaezerus fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Aug 19, 2016

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?

Schwartzcough posted:

How very convenient.

In-lore the tribes actually took this as proof the exodus from their original continent was justified and Eorzea the true homeland by providence. :v:

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?

Charlett posted:

My favorite story is that on some RP server there's a Roe who just minds his own business mining and gathering, but his name is "Massive Dump". Everyone keeps trying to sic the GMs on him for an inappropriate name, but the problem is, it's perfectly fine for a Hellsguard.

I've always wanted to make a Hellsguard Balmung alt named My Immersion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?

CrashScreen posted:

I'm going to re-use the old Crash appearance data to make this quick, but I'll let the thread vote on each retainer as we get them. From now on, please imagine the person in the seasonal event updates prior to 2016 are all this retainer ditching work.

Time-traveling holiday retainer is actually a pretty amazing idea. I'm just disappointed you didn't name him Market-crash. I will be calling him Market Crash.