Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

http://www.militarytimes.com/story/...rgery/85326564/

quote:

Veterans Affairs doctors could begin providing sex reassignment surgery in coming years under a new rule proposed by the department.

The move would remove a long-held ban on the surgery and likely provide another cultural point of controversy in the wake of federal rules, issued last month, that mandate public schools allow transgender students to use the bathroom of the gender they choose.

The proposal, made public this week by transgender advocates and Time magazine, states that past surgical procedures were poorly understood. Officials therefore could not justify providing them to veterans with gender dysphoria, a condition experienced by individuals who don’t identify with their biological gender for a variety of mental and physiological reasons.

“However, increased understanding of both gender dysphoria and surgical techniques in this area have improved significantly, and surgical procedures are now widely accepted in the medical community as medically necessary treatment for gender dysphoria,” the proposed rule says.

Defense Secretary Ashton Carter

quote:

“Additionally, recent medical research shows that gender dysphoria is a serious condition that has had severe medical consequences for certain patients if transition-related surgeries and procedures are not provided.”

Advocates hailed the move as both an important step forward for equality and a signal that the department is committed to offering the best available health care to all veterans.

"So many veterans rely on the VA for important medical care that they have earned serving our nation, including transgender veterans,” said Ashley Broadway-Mack, president of the American Military Partner Association. “Gender confirmation surgery is often a critically important and medically necessary treatment, and lifting this ban is long overdue."

Decisions on whether veterans should undergo the surgery would be made on a case-by-case basis, after consultation with VA medical experts.

quote:

No timetable has been specified for when the department might start offering the surgery, but such changes can take several years to work through federal bureaucracy.

VA officials told Time magazine that the proposed change has already been in the works since 2014, the same year Medicare officials lifted a ban on the surgery.

The National Center for Transgender Equality estimates that more than 134,000 veterans are transgender, and more than 15,000 transgender individuals are serving in military today despite rules forbidding them from serving openly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
nice job copy/pasting the article and embedding the images from it to make it look like less of an rss post op

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Suggested Discussion Points:

1) Could this increase recruitment as an unintended side effect?

2) Are you more or less likely to support our troops after hearing this news?

3) Do you think other countries are likely to follow suit?

Discuss.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Robot Randy posted:

nice job copy/pasting the article and embedding the images from it to make it look like less of an rss post op

Try and stay on topic please. Do you support this decision by the US Armed Forces?

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
im having romantic feelings for the OP, i hope he doesnt care that i was not born as a woman. we are both marines after all. hoo rah!

A CISHET SHITLORD
Sep 10, 2014

LOURDE OF THE SHITS
Pillbug
finally, privates can swap privates

sorry, that was the best I could come up with im pretty loving tired atm

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
Haha... Well im off to put my name on the pussy list. New vagina here i cummmmmm

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

A CISHET SHITLORD posted:

i liked it :keke:

A CISHET SHITLORD
Sep 10, 2014

LOURDE OF THE SHITS
Pillbug
thanks friend

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

could be convenient if you already got your dick blown off by an ied

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

A CISHET SHITLORD posted:

LOL

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
the military is the best place i can think of to let all your coworkers know you want to chop off your weenie, especially the marines or any sf

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Can I chop my dick off while I'm still enlisted or do I have to wait until I'm out? Asking for a friend of course.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I don't get it, why can't vets just use the same sex change doctors as the non military mentally ill?

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

notZaar posted:

I don't get it, why can't vets just use the same sex change doctors as the non military mentally ill?

Cause now they can make the taxpayers pay for it!

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

notZaar posted:

they wont pay for ptsd treatment and to avoid treating another mental illness they just saw off some body parts

par for the course

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
if you get a sex change from man to woman do you also get the reduced standards for pt because that might make it worth it

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
A sex change is a voluntery plastic surgery, are VA hospitals gonna start doing nose jobs and face lifts too?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Robo Reagan posted:

if you get a sex change from man to woman do you also get the reduced standards for pt because that might make it worth it

legit question i want to know the military's stance on this

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe

notZaar posted:

A sex change is a voluntery plastic surgery, are VA hospitals gonna start doing nose jobs and face lifts too?

Haha... I knew a girl who got her breast implants paid for by the government. This poo poo is already happening.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

can the govt pay for me to get a bigger dick

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Just wait til the transgender community hears about this!

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe

Parallax Scroll posted:

can the govt pay for me to get a bigger dick

The government can't work miracles, sorry. Perhaps you could pray?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rasta_Al posted:

Haha... I knew a girl who got her breast implants paid for by the government. This poo poo is already happening.

i bet the company that makes the fake tits sells them for cheap to the military for tax credits and then how much is a doc putting you under, slicing your tits, stuffing them in, then sewing you back up actually worth

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
I don't like thing, but I recognize that for the sake of fairness thing must be offered as part of the comprehensive health care benefits provided to current and former military personnel.

If you want to fight and possibly die for this country and all you ask for in return is some surgery, that's a bargain in my book.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Rasta_Al posted:

Bigger tits on women are a boon to society, I'm OK with this.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Volcott posted:

I don't like thing, but I recognize that for the sake of fairness thing must be offered as part of the comprehensive health care benefits provided to current and former military personnel.

If you want to fight and possibly die for this country and all you ask for in return is some surgery, that's a bargain in my book.

Actually we have a volunteer military and the employees are paid in cash, so that's enough.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
so basically the next generation of crazy addict homeless dudes will now also be trans.

that's an improvement I guess?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
what if instead of just fake boobs why doesnt the military also put a bit of plastic explosive in their tits so that way when women combatants are captured and being dragged off to get raped they can be weaponized

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

notZaar posted:

Actually we have a volunteer military and the employees are paid in cash, so that's enough.

We'd need to pay people a lot more to go kill brown people in our secret oil wars if you didn't factor in the perks.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

BDBF i feel you are trying to make a new posting debut these last few days, but all you're debuting is that you're a jerk.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
VA can't do anything competently so just lol at this idea

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Robo Reagan posted:

the military is the best place i can think of to let all your coworkers know you want to chop off your weenie, especially the marines or any sf

Can we just do that to marines anyway to stop them from being an organized rape gang?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
but then the army would have to do something besides logistics why do that when you can unleash a horde of angry marines on a country instead

especially now that people change the thing theyre outraged about from week to week thanks to social media. i cant thinbk of a better time to have a bunch of rape happy grunts with guns if you feel like you gotta have them

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
just what vets need- more wounds that never heal

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Drink Cheerwine posted:

just what vets need- more wounds that never heal

haha

A CISHET SHITLORD
Sep 10, 2014

LOURDE OF THE SHITS
Pillbug

notZaar posted:

I knew a chick when I was in that got a govt-funded breast reduction surgery cuz they bounced and hurt when she ran. I don't know how that surgery wasn't classified as a war crime tbqh

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
I am looking forward to the Republican Uncles of the internet getting ahold of this and posting about why we are letting homeless vets sleep in the street at the same time as we are paying for gender reassignment surgery.

Besides, for once, they will actually have a point.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

I'd hate to be the vet that wakes up in the medic tent with a brand new vag when I was just supposed to get my left leg amputated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Well.

This is an interesting way for the government to kill off trannies.

• Locked thread