Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

ElGroucho posted:

Do foster parents get a monthly stipend, or is that some poo poo that only happens on TV?

There are fost-adopt programs that provide a monthly stipend till the kid turns 18.

Kids aren't any more expensive than goon spouses, honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
What the gently caress do they consider small talk?

I think a goon nailed it when they suggested, "anything the person isn't interested in".

It's so weird that [autists?] rant about small talk online. I mean god forbid a person pick a benign topic to make conversation.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

monkeytennis posted:

Lol. Stuff like this drives MY WIFE crazy. Her feed is full of 'real women have curves' etc. poo poo. She's slim, and takes great offence.

I keep trying to persuade her to post some fat shaming stuff on her FB but she's just not evil enough.

Why would she be offended at the idea of that people should be happy in their own skin?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

monkeytennis posted:

Yeah it's this apart from the dieting bit.

She just thinks it's double standards - if she posted things on FB about how men love slim ladies, and being fit and slim is sexy, to the degree that the 'curvy' ladies do about how they're happy being large and how their men love having something to hold onto, they'd probably get quite pissed off I think.

I just tell her that the fatties are insecure, hence the need to constantly validate themselves and each other.

It kind of sounds like your wife is the insecure one for it getting to her so much. If she were so happy with her body then she wouldn't care what other women think. It's like white people getting offended at the idea of the black lives matter, and complaining at the double standard they set.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I think people that think like this are the product of getting advice from parents trying to commiserate their bullied kid, that the smart, not the physically strong people prevail in the end. However they take it completely the wrong way and convince themselves they're not just smarter than the people they dislike, they're superior to them.

Sort of how "Nice Guys" take advice how to treat women with respect and end up coming off as creepy, patronizing, and entitled in the process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

notZaar posted:

These people tend to assume that because super smart people like Einstein were actual humans with negative personality traits, that must mean that negative personality traits make people smart. It's completely retarded.

I think it's the belief that peoples qualities operate on a zero sum so if you're terrible in one aspect you must be AMAZING in another.

• Locked thread