Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
i assume by bags, she's talking dope?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

they should get those veteran guys with PTSD that punisher skull sniper dude is working with to destigmatize their condition to do it, would really help get them back into society and such. How is that all going by the way? I haven't really kept up to date.

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

Groovelord Neato posted:

i like how david williams brings up a scenario that has never and will never happen.

wasn't that basically what the fort hood shooter thought he was doing?

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

Lacey killed that poo poo though lmao, look how hard Rachel tried to keep turning it personal (every single response of hers is but... Your dad!) but she didn't let that happen at all

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

This is Reaper 2-5, we have acquired the profile pics, tangos are down, and we are oscar mike to the evac point

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

Pvt.Scott posted:

I've actually been in plenty of fights, none which I picked. They were dumb and pointless like most violence.

Yes, Japan is doing fine because we rebuilt it. We rebuilt it because we leveled the place with carpet bombing and then dropped a couple nukes to rub it in (plus intimidating others) and we wanted military bases flanking the commie hordes that we just finished arming ourselves. Having a healthy industrial base in your forward military staging area makes sense. I hope part of the rebuilding was because we felt bad about the whole thing.

The old man rant about murdering everyone isn't wrong because that tactic has demonstrably worked throughout human history when it has been employed. Genocide and total warfare work. America doesn't have anywhere near the raw numbers of ground troops needed to do a clean sweep of such a large and varied geographical region as "the Middle East" so we'd probably have to draft tons of people people to go fill ditches with "suspected terrorists."

World War I made civilian populations a valid military target and completely changed the psyche of an entire continent. World War II made good on that and went whole hog on bombing anything that looked vaguely like a factory regardless of location.

North and South America were cleared of most natives and relatively pacified in a few hundred years with primitive tech, terrible logistics, awful communication and coordination and the violence taking place far away from the front. The ancient Babylonians killed entire tribes of enemies to keep them from coming back later.

That poo poo is bad PR these days, and a bad economic move with globalization, as well as being morally reprehensible. That's why it's an old man rant and lol worthy.

Same

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

I imagine this one immediately going with a smash cut to that youtube of the guys taking cover crying for their mothers under mortar fire

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

I never know how to feel about this.... like on one hand it's right whitey genocided the gently caress out of the indians in the name of God and civilization, but on the other hand it's right, so is it saying as an act of contrition and in the interest of ensuring that Nietzsche's Eternal Recurrence is preserved we should have religious extremists flood the country and slaughter us?

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

Pvt.Scott posted:

Colonists and explorers made conscious efforts to spread that disease, making the problem worse. It wasn't just a guiltless whoopsie. People understood biological warfare a very long time ago, even if the mechanics were obscured to them.

while this is true, it is also true that before their arrival there was mass disease that caused a huge reduction in population with many civilizations just up and disappearing

and i mean like obviously a single republic with a huge military budget is much different than hundreds of different tribes and confederations, I just thought the picture is funny given the context it was posted in, like it's being used as pro-illegal immigration meme but it's saying feel bad that our country was built by illegal immigrants coming in and killing and displacing the original inhabitants

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

And massive mind and dick having gangstas think about quotes discussing the size of their minds as evidenced by the concepts that they think about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

I also like the meme posts or articles about how minor negative traits people have (for instance being lazy or finding everyone around you annoying) are actually pschological evidence of being a cool-rear end super genius. Like there must be researchers working at the I loving Love Science Institute dedicated to finding all the ways that people are assholes that actually mean they're hella brilliant.

• Locked thread