Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

hello forums friends. I've recently been hearing a lot from my "normal" friends (you know the type, sexhavers, can dress self, steady job, lol at these folks amirite?!) about this cool new internet site on "the web" at htp:/reddit.com

I'm afraid to go there myself because I might get a virus (from China or something , they're always trying to hack my pics of my cat, she's very uniquely cute and funny unlike other cats and the communists would love to dissect her to develop a race of authoritarian supercats and eviscerate capitalism like a bird in my backyard

anyway I'm getting off topic here, way off in "the weeds" so to speak (not that kind of weeds lol 420 haha!) so please help me ous on this one goon friends:::: is reddit good?! a

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
gently caress you btich

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

miraclewhale epicfail LOL

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

one good thing I hear about on Reddit is you can get advice there from an animal, which seems like a pretty good idea am I right? like every therapist I've had has refused to see me after I fell in love with them and called their emergency number every night at 3am to breathe at them into the phone (I believe this what's known as "gettin hot and heavy") and I'd follow them home and wait outside with flowers for them all night in the rain and then they'd open the door to go to work and I'd be like "I love you very much please accept these flowers as a token of my affection" and they'd slam the door but i really want them to experience my love through as expressed through the medium of flowers so I'd chuck that sogging wet bouquet through the door as they closed it and it'd leave a permanent stain of my love on their carpet

but would an animal do that?! I don't think so, because they live in a dog house which does not have a door!!

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
who gives a poo poo retard

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.

Enfield posted:

WHY ARE YOU SO loving RUDE ALL THE TIME? I'M loving SICK OF YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

miraclewhale epicfail LOL

one cool thing about Reddit is you cannot get all my internet friends banned/probated by whining to the kids in qcs!!

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ape Fist posted:

WHY ARE YOU SO loving RUDE ALL THE TIME? I'M loving SICK OF YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU.

*looks at you longingly with huge disney eyes and starts thumping my foot like a horny disney rabbit*

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
*hops into a volcano*

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Enfield posted:

on the one hand I agree with your perspective on this one but on the other hand I'm trying to learn and grow, you know? life is a journey haha, I read that on facebook and it was written in that meme font on top of a picture of a guy's car broke down on the side of the road and nobody stops to help him and it's getting real dark and cold and he has neither water nor triple A

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
The sites ui confuses me

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
Peace returns to the verdant forests of GBS.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
Reddit makes people mad so it good, op

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

ChrisHansen posted:

The sites ui confuses me

Yeah the UI of Reddit is pretty terrible, but if you've been around since FARK you'll understand it and be easily able to navigate your way around it as you too also understand user experiences designed by people who wear capes, think Stallman is a God, use paper towels to 'de-grease' their Pizza and think Discordianism is a great 'religion'. Hail Eris, Fnord!

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

MiracleWhale posted:

on the one hand I agree with your perspective on this one but on the other hand I'm trying to learn and grow, you know? life is a journey haha, I read that on facebook and it was written in that meme font on top of a picture of a guy's car broke down on the side of the road and nobody stops to help him and it's getting real dark and cold and he has neither water nor triple A

dang. he probalbly go t eaten by wolverines

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Ape Fist posted:

chill out my friend and maybe check out on reddit dot com I hear they have these inspiration stories of achieving success and overcoming adversity and they put it on top of a picture of a baby doing the fist pump but if you think about it that probably just means the baby has gas

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

MiracleWhale posted:

chill out my friend and maybe check out on reddit dot com I hear they have these inspiration stories of achieving success and overcoming adversity and they put it on top of a picture of a baby doing the fist pump but if you think about it that probably just means the baby has gas

wow thanks that might be really helpful. maybe i'll check out this whacky new reddit dot com.

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

no, it sucks, you can't shitpost or be rude there without being "downvoted"

it's like fyad levels of circlejerk except worse

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

TheShazbot posted:

:mrgw:

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Enfield posted:

dang. he probalbly go t eaten by wolverines

there is a followup picture where there is a penguin facing right on a red background and it says "remembered to bring wolverine repellent" and then below that there is a penguin facing left on a blue background and it says "didn't expect the australian bone weevil"

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i have to go now

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

TheShazbot posted:

Reddit: Worse Than FYAD

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Enfield posted:

i have to go now

goodbye. i love you. im sorry about the things i said.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

a hole-y ghost posted:

Reddit: Worse Than FYAD

more like FY-BAD is what they might say on Reddit where I hear they are very rude and intolerant of dissenting perspectives except they have not heard of FYAD because nobody has told them about it in the form of a meme picture with a middle schooler with braces in the background

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Great

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

I have spent the last 2 years making GBS threads in the Final Fantasy 14 Reddit subforum about the fact that Final Fantasy 14 has a Global Cooldown of 2.5 Seconds between skill usage, effectively reducing the games pace of combat to that of wading through a pool of molasses. It has been effective on both redditors, goons, and others. That is my experience with Reddit. I am 30 years of age and play videogames.

Ape Fist fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jun 4, 2016

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Ape Fist posted:

i have spent the last 2 years making GBS threads in the Final Fantasy 14 Reddit subforum about the fact that Final Fantasy 14 has a Global Cooldown of 2.5 Seconds between skill usage, effectively reducing the games pace of combat to that of wading through a pool of molasses. It has been effective on both redditors, goons, and others. That is my experience with Reddit. I am 30 years of age and play videogames.
Sounds good to me.

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

a hole-y ghost posted:

Sounds good to me.

Its a hobby.

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Voted 1.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

reddit, i hardly knew it

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Ape Fist posted:

i have spent the last 2 years making GBS threads in the Final Fantasy 14 Reddit subforum about the fact that Final Fantasy 14 has a Global Cooldown of 2.5 Seconds between skill usage, effectively reducing the games pace of combat to that of wading through a pool of molasses. It has been effective on both redditors, goons, and others. That is my experience with Reddit. I am 30 years of age and play videogames.

it would be interesting to post your complaints about the cool down over a background of a red right-facing penguin and then they would not know how to take it, they would not know what kind of emotion to feel and it might result in many of them seeking therapy or even "going goth"

SqueePower
May 25, 2006
tube
Soiled Meat
We did it Reddit! We...

Got rid of food coloring, all of them!
Installed a puppet government in Rhodesia!
Ended the stigma on drinking and driving!
Brought back the stigma on being trans because they're kind of annoying now

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

on Reddit this would make my post disappear but here hey you have bumped it to the top of the page! thanks friend, any publicity is good publicity here on the something awful dot com forums

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

I hear that on Reddit when you say something sarcastic you have to append "/s" to the end in case anyone autistic is reading

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Ape Fist posted:

thats mean

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

reddit is cool because there are like 600 subreddits of nothing but dickpics. it's like - there's so much content here how do I find the time?

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Reddit is bad but really it's real bad like lovely

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Upvote/down vote system is completely terrible and nested posts are even worse.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

MiracleWhale posted:

one cool thing about Reddit is you cannot get all my internet friends banned/probated by whining to the kids in qcs!!

It is we chosen few comedic elite with spare dollars and lifetimes to yield in the name of high fart.

It is us. WE are the world, WE are the children. We must be treated as children when we misbehave like children.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
i cant beliebe enfield is fukcing dead

• Locked thread