Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daleroxxu
Jun 4, 2016
Hey guys, I started making Let's Play videos a couple of weeks ago. I'm mostly playing retro games such as Arcade, Sega Mega Drive, Dreamcast but a few newer games too.

I'm open to suggestions for games to play on my channel. I'll be playing Golden Axe later today at a viewers request.

So let's kick things off with Paperboy on the Sega Mega Drive / Genesis from 1991.

This is a game where you have to deliver newspapers to houses on a long street. The problem is that the people who live there are bastards and get in your way. You can use your papers as weapons to hit the bastards before the bastards hit you and you can also smash the windows of the bastards who aren't customers for bonus points.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrOzpCCN2p4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Uh oh!!

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Officially Roxx'd by Dale.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Such a rebel.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I think the facecam needs to be bigger.

EDIT-and the audio levels more blown out.

eh, just funnin. I'm just going "get it round ye" on you

Daleroxxu
Jun 4, 2016
thanks for the feedback Scaramouche

I need to get a better headset, or maybe a dedicated mic. A friend recommended I get a Blue Snowball or Blue Nessie. What do you guys use?

For now I'll try to do some post-processing of the Audio, although I have limited knowledge, just learning as I go.

Daleroxxu
Jun 4, 2016
Most of the games I'm playing are 4:3 aspect ratio so I have a lot of horizontal space left If I record in a 16:9 forum for youtube such as 1920x1080.

I just filled the remaining space with the face cam.

The only other way I could think to do it is to stretch the game footage to 16:9 and put the facecam as a smaller window in the corner. But I feel like the games look better in their original 4:3 format.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

While I haven't seen the videos yet (on phone, settling into bed), I can say with some confidence that your videos would probably be better received here if you A) got rid of the webcam, and B) posted them in the Casual LPs Thread.

There's still the whole thing about you seemingly posting to promote your channel rather than having made these videos for the LP subforum, but I need to sleep, so I'll let someone else post about that.

• Locked thread