Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
476 in PA, the section known as "The Blue Route" is a broken road and people drive on it like monsters. The breakdown lane becomes a normal lane of traffic during rush hour. Onramps have traffic lights to try to make people act like humans. There's this one area where there's a lane on one side for a half a mile that just appears then disappears for no discernable reason and it causes problems. It's a good place to learn how to drive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
You should only ever have to brake to stop for signs or signals or to not hit people who are driving wrong. You shouldn't ever have to brake when you're just driving. You should be able to look at what's coming along the road and adjust your use of the gas pedal to traverse any section of the road at an appropriate speed. A good fast speed, or at the very least, one that keeps up with traffic.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I wasn't advocating tailgating, I was saying use enough gas to stay a reasonable distance behind someone, and just the gas. Don't get yourself in a situation where you're driving normally and rush up then have to brake to avoid a collision, use only the gas and only an appropriate amount.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

satanic splash-back posted:

hm, this sounds reasonable, but have you considered driving faster than the person in front of you? its basically the best way to go faster than the people around you.

The gas pedal helps with that, too.

• Locked thread